AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 2 - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 2 - Main Thread

Touring_27

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 19, 2017
My PC has come back fixed and working as normal, so I apoligize for missing the first two round sbut I am ready for a fight back to try and make it up for the rest of the season :)

Reactions: -L.X.-

jaycoool

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 6, 2018
i didn't participate in the Silverstone race because of my unfortunate mistake while waiting af quali, but through this i got the the chance to spectate the race.

I think the league should review if it is desireable to let guys from upper tiers fill up free spots for the race. While it was admireable to see @AndrexUK plow through the whole field in a 650-S,i don't agree that this does not influence the competition in the tier itsself. @Midweekcoma had the back of @Pitti, got then overtaken by @andrex and needed quite some extra laps to re-close the gap and finally overtake pitti. The same goes for the winner @Kapo, there could have been easily contact on andrex' overtake manoever for first place.

• Agree
Reactions: Kapo and DoR

DoR

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 11, 2018
For me this is worth discussing.

I have nothing against Andrex and he had a clean race, but influence can't be disputed.

Even without any contact taking place, pressure whilst sitting on someone's rear, or forcing someone to go defensive, or even just a bit of dirty air all affect the outcome of a race, from someone not involved in the league standings.

Either someone is in the league and so they have a vested interest, or they're not and they don't race.

@TicklishPicklewickle - your thoughts?

• Agree
Reactions: Kapo

AndrexUK

4 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
To be fair, if I had known I was going to be fast enough to get up to the front, then I wouldn't have joined!
From hosting the Tier 3+4 race the night before, I was not able to get up to the front, so i felt certain that I wouldn't be able to do it in a T2 lobby :S
I was hoping to maybe get around the top 10, maybe get a top 5 if things went my way, and others had issues, so to be able to get through the whole grid was a massive surprise!

I don't really feel I put anyone at any real risk on the track, but I do understand that point of view!

Personally, i would really consider myself as a T2 driver.
I can't normally keep up with those T1 drivers!
If I was to have been a new driver, and joined up via TT, I'm almost certain I would be in T2. (In the past 2 Endurance league seasons, I would say I have been matching @DaWu, yet in this race, I somehow had a very good pace...)
I have never been any good at Hot lapping / TT / Qually (I only just Qualified into P3) - My only real strength is in my consistency! and not making mistakes / getting into incidents with others. And that is the only real reason I had managed to stay in T1 - It's certainly not my outright pace.

Perhaps I took a car that was surprisingly good at Silverstone (unexpected to me) where I normally drive the underdog cars (That was my initial reason for taking the McLaren!)
But I can assure you, I was most certainly not expecting to be that fast during the race!

I don't want to take anything away from T2 (I was being honest when I said I felt safer in that race, than I do in the T1 races!!!) and I can see how that race would certainly look like "Oh, a T1 driver has came down to boost his ego, and destroy the T2 guys!" (again if I knew I was going to be that fast, I wouldn't have joined).
My intention really, was just to put another car on the grid, and to probably end up in the mid pack.
In many previous social races, I'm very often beaten by T2 guys! So I didn't think it was going to be something that 'looks bad'. I've put a lot of time and effort into CoD'ing pCars GT3 leagues in the past to do my best to make them look as good as they can, I've certainly not had a change of heart.

Perhaps it was a mistake to join, but again, it was purely with good intentions in mind :(
I would agree that it would be best to not join in any further races, despite my honest opinion that I should really be a T2 driver if I was to sign up (which is not going to happen!)

I apologize for joining in :(

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
To be fair, if I had known I was going to be fast enough to get up to the front, then I wouldn't have joined!
From hosting the Tier 3+4 race the night before, I was not able to get up to the front, so i felt certain that I wouldn't be able to do it in a T2 lobby :S
I was hoping to maybe get around the top 10, maybe get a top 5 if things went my way, and others had issues, so to be able to get through the whole grid was a massive surprise!

I don't really feel I put anyone at any real risk on the track, but I do understand that point of view!

Personally, i would really consider myself as a T2 driver.
I can't normally keep up with those T1 drivers!
If I was to have been a new driver, and joined up via TT, I'm almost certain I would be in T2. (In the past 2 Endurance league seasons, I would say I have been matching @DaWu, yet in this race, I somehow had a very good pace...)
I have never been any good at Hot lapping / TT / Qually (I only just Qualified into P3) - My only real strength is in my consistency! and not making mistakes / getting into incidents with others. And that is the only real reason I had managed to stay in T1 - It's certainly not my outright pace.

Perhaps I took a car that was surprisingly good at Silverstone (unexpected to me) where I normally drive the underdog cars (That was my initial reason for taking the McLaren!)
But I can assure you, I was most certainly not expecting to be that fast during the race!

I don't want to take anything away from T2 (I was being honest when I said I felt safer in that race, than I do in the T1 races!!!) and I can see how that race would certainly look like "Oh, a T1 driver has came down to boost his ego, and destroy the T2 guys!" (again if I knew I was going to be that fast, I wouldn't have joined).
My intention really, was just to put another car on the grid, and to probably end up in the mid pack.
In many previous social races, I'm very often beaten by T2 guys! So I didn't think it was going to be something that 'looks bad'. I've put a lot of time and effort into CoD'ing pCars GT3 leagues in the past to do my best to make them look as good as they can, I've certainly not had a change of heart.

Perhaps it was a mistake to join, but again, it was purely with good intentions in mind :(
I would agree that it would be best to not join in any further races, despite my honest opinion that I should really be a T2 driver if I was to sign up (which is not going to happen!)

I apologize for joining in :(
Looking at the big picture, no real harm was done by your participation. Then again I would agree that it's possibly for the best that you don't join in the official races since you're not an official driver. Now I know that it was never ill-intended of you to join and it wasn't like you ruined someone's race in an incident, which is the main thing really. What's done is done, let's just be glad that it was one of the most sensible guys in this community who joined us instead of some bottlejob that could've caused a pile-up on L1 :p

Reactions: AndrexUK

Shooter80

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
I know its not AOR related, and I'm not trying to be part of this discussion, but I feel its fair to point out that its a very common thing in real GT racing (and most other series) for one-off entries into certain races, or people running limited calenders. So while it may not be expected by some people that a non championship driver is mixing it up, in the real world that's just part of racing, and its done for the same reasons, to fill the grid up.

Blancpain GT Series said:
The Blancpain GT Series Sprint Cup will feature 20 full-time competitors this season. This is down from the 32 cars we had last year, but further one-off entries that have already been confirmed for selected rounds will bring us closer to the ideal number for Sprint races, which we have previously estimated at 24.
https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com...st-with-50-cars-representing-11-manufacturers

Reactions: tRIP..

AndrexUK

May 6, 2015
True, I remember when I was in a British Superbike Team, we joined the Brands Hatch race of the World Superbike race (and was leading for a while :) )
Again, it was just to fill up the grid a little, as I had done for some of the T1 races at the end of last season (due to them having a horrendously low number of drivers - the grid looked rather pathetic for what could be considered as one of the most high level pCars leagues around!)
On those one's, I had done very little practice, and was taking rather silly cars to the party, so of course I was going to be at the tail end of the T1 races... Which therefore would suggest i wouldn't be at the front of a T2 race...

I really don't fully understand how I was so fast at Silverstone - I can really only put it down to having done more laps, had a very perfect setup (semi stolen for one of the T1 boys!) and EVERYTHING went right for me to get to the front (even the being hit on lap 1 turned out to be an advantage, as it forced me to pit, and then gave me about 10-15 laps of clean air to run at full pace).
I think it was just one of those races that everyone sometimes has now and again, where the stars align, and you have your ultimate perfect race.

Driving the race felt amazing, but it as I got towards the front end, it was equally paired with guilt that it might look a bit silly.
I could put money on me not being able to repeat it for the rest of the season, but I'd rather not risk it either way.
Not to use it as an excuse in any way, but I don't think anyone had any issues with me joining at the time, possibly for a number of reasons: being polite / not expecting I would have the pace I did / felt I would certainly be safe on track / maybe even feeling they can't tell a CoD not too join in...
But,
Was it a mistake to join? Probably yes, for which again, I am sorry :(

I'm sure you will have your revenge during future social races!!!

jaycoool

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 6, 2018
There is no question that you are a very clean gentleman driver @AndrexUK. I didn't have the impression at all that you're participating to ramp up your ego, not all. I think everyone including you was surprised by this McLaren pace, didn't expect that at all. Hopfully the stars will align like this for me too just once - the next race would be a great point in time for it ;-) It certainly was a great example of what you can achieve by being consistant and don't overdrive the car.

I'd like to add that I did not realize that you @AndrexUK are not actually taking part of Season 11 (i thought you might be a reserve and that the tier 1 roster was full for race #2). In my view you're clearly a Tier 1 guy on par with the fastest guys in there, at least its what I think from having seen you racing. So as much as it is enjoyable to race with you, I think you definetly should run in tier 1 if you'll (hopefully) come back for Season 12.

• Friendly
Reactions: Pitti and AndrexUK

AndrexUK

May 6, 2015
Thanks, I think I'm done for GT3's for a while...
Missed about 2 seasons since Season 1 / race 1.
I wouldn't say it's gotten a little boring to me, but I've lost a bit of love for it.
I may return, but I'm quite enjoying the time away from it (having time to play other games / work on the Endurance league / fun races)

AndrexUK

May 6, 2015
Aaaaaaah, may have just figured it out!
Got glasses for the first time in about 10 years (Had them lasered about 10 years go! (Very weird being able to smell your own eye burning!!! but that's another story...)

Maybe I can finally actually see the Apex of the corners now!

DoR

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 11, 2018
@AndrexUK I have no qualms with your pace and I'd welcome you in to T2 as a full driver in the league (we've not maxed out the grid yet?).

I just want you all in (you've got something on the line and I'll gladly race against you) or not in and not affecting race positions with what I mentioned before.

It's not any one person's choice, but that's my opinion.

I actually don't think your pace was above my own or the top of T2 guys.

Other than getting wiped at T1 and then a coming together with StormENT mid race losing me another 10 seconds, I would have been right there with you...

Additionally your pace didn't irk me whatsoever- I've made my opinion on here due to others potentially having their race affected (however big or small the butterfly affect of your entry was) without you having any impact on my own race, despite me running up at the top.

Lastly I want to reiterate, I'd actually welcome your full entry in to T2. I'd genuinely enjoy the challenge you'd present! :)

• Friendly
Reactions: AndrexUK

AndrexUK

May 6, 2015
Maybe I'll come back next season with the Sexy Aston, and see where that puts me!
I love the car, but it's not T1 material (certainly not in MY hands anyway!)
I was about 1 sec+ slower in that thing, which would probably be about mid T2 on a good day!

But for the time being, I'll maybe just stick to the social races in the Aston instead - Should give a decent picture of what Tier I would be in for next season.
I certainly don't want races like Silverstone! (regardless of how enjoyable it was on a personal side - Not the getting to the front, but FINALLY actually having pace to have to overtake others, as it's normally the other way around, was a welcome change!)

Last edited:

DaWu

AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro S8 Champion
May 22, 2017
@AndrexUK
Dont worry :) all good

we guys at the front kicked us out on our own exept p1 i guess.
So it may be a harder race if we didnt.
So p2-p4 were at the back after T1 xD

McLaren should not be too bad, the Lambo wasnt too good here (atleast in T2).
And if you join some more races with the McLaren i dont think you'll make this run again so easy xD
I would love to see you in some more races, its a plesure to have you with us :)

AndrexUK

May 6, 2015
I'm very certain I wouldn't be able to repeat that!
Another good reason to 'leave on a high' (even though the high does carry a large amount of guilt with it...)

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Driver update #1

@borates has been removed and blacklisted from the league due to 3 uninformed no-shows. This means that @DaWu has been promoted to main driver

Driver update #2

@-L.X.- has asked to be moved to reserves due to the fact that he doesn't have the time needed to do a full season because of other commitments in his life. He has therefore been moved down to reserves. Which means that @rillo7105 has now been promoted to a main driver

Last edited:
Reactions: -L.X.-