AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 2 - ROUND 1 - Algarve | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 2 - ROUND 1 - Algarve

Lindholdt

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018
So many had lag issues this round, and it's not only in our Tier. Wonder if the last patch did something to provoke this?
And i agree with @ZeroStefan that it really takes the fun out of the game. You spend hours opon hours training to be fast for the race, and then all that is wasted because of a technical issue.

Reactions: ZeroStefan

Seamas111

AOR PC GT3 S10 T5 Champion
Jun 9, 2018
Hi all,

I had some minor lag but nothing like others reporting.

My race was a great introduction to T2. Firmly in the mid pack, with some great side by side racing with @-L.X.- I was feeling the pressure big time. Intense racing but super clean and fair. Locked together from about lap 15 passing each other multiple times. Great fun :cool:

We were also joined by @eaZed neptune towards the end. Great drive (y)

Reactions: eaZed neptune

eaZed neptune

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jun 22, 2016
great race guys i was only ever in the mid pack and finally finished 14th from p20 but considering how fast you are all im happy with that..and the mclaren didnt kill me..yet!:ROFLMAO:
also want to say much respect for the people i was racing with @Mattster @ShaggyDan @-L.X.- @Seamas111 could be others but was great racing and clean..sorry if i startled you 2 on my pit exit i just wanted to get out of your way as you guys were closing so fast so i just cut the corner so you guys had the line as you were having an awesome battle(y)
i forgot to turn on crew chief so apologies if i squeezed anybody during the race i only had the red markers
congrats to the winners you guys are super fast (y)

Insulaventus

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 20, 2018
Hey all,
the ones who have disconnects and lags, please check if you have disabled the UDP Broadcasts, if not this will sure fix your problems.

@Kapo nice race :)
That could very well be the issue, since i just started using Pc2tuner which uses udp for telemetry readout! Will turn it off and see if it works for tonights endurance stream

WMDRMartin

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 31, 2017
Despite a decent lap only managed to qualify P17 out of the 26, which kind of surprised me considering my practice race pace, but then again, I tend to be slow in qualifying no matter what so :p

The race itself went quite well for once! Hope this will be a trend throughout the season :D
I didn't make up as many positions as I expected on the opening lap, only about 2 I believe (compared to 5-7 in the practise race), so I had to take it easy and follow through the pack for a bit.
Very early on I'd caught up to @StormENT, who had the same pace as me during practise, but he had brake issues, almost taking me out in sector 3. Thankfully he decided to take it easy and save a lot of people on track, so respect to you mate (y)
After a few laps of gradually overtaking, I passed @ShaggyDan around the outside down at the hairpin whilst he was trying to get rid of a slowdown penalty, after which I had to chase down @eXcole who was a second or two up the road.
This guy was running at my optimum pace the whole time, so it was very very tough to stay in touch, didn't think i'd catch him that way!

But after chasing him down for at least half the race I managed to pull a move around the outside of turn 1, though I had to compromise my line and slow down to avoid track extending. But it was definitely enough to pressure ExCole into pushing himself some more, which lead to him getting a halfspin a corner or two later, allowing me to pass and gain a 4 second lead on him.

From here on it was quite a lonely race, and since I no longer had @eXcole's slipstream I was a tad slower as well :whistle:
At that point I was in P9 or 10, and I decided to take a late pitstop to see if I could be in P1 for at least one glorious parade lap, but alas, it wasn't to be :cry:
I pitted from P2 about 16 seconds behind @tRIP.. , who pitted the very next lap (penultimate lap), and those 16 seconds were enough to seperate us by about 6 places, him finishing P4 and myself in a distant P10.

I have to say, i'm a bit surprised by how quick the grid is this season, as in the past if nothing went wrong (*cough*never*cough*) I could surely manage a top 5 finish, but this time a perfect race could only yield me P10.
I'll have to adjust my targets, but i'll gladly take that top 10 finish anytime, especially with how competetive y'all are these days ;)

See you on track next week!

Reactions: Kapo and eXcole

DoR

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 11, 2018
I have to say, i'm a bit surprised by how quick the grid is this season, as in the past if nothing went wrong (*cough*never*cough*) I could surely manage a top 5 finish, but this time a perfect race could only yield me P10.
I'll have to adjust my targets, but i'll gladly take that top 10 finish anytime, especially with how competetive y'all are these days ;)

See you on track next week!
I may have an explanation of sorts :)

I was T3 last season along with a good number of the guys also now in T2. Throughout last season I checked between the two tiers and noticed a fairly large overlap. The top 2/3 of T3 were matching their counterparts in T2 except maybe 1st or 2nd of T2 who were very fast ..

I see we have nearly all the fast guys from T3 in this season's T2, and other than losing a couple of the very fastest from T2 last season, we basically have the fastest of T3 + the already fast T2 in one league this time around!

This is going to be a very highly competitive T2 this season, which is exciting :D

• Agree
Reactions: Lindholdt and Kapo

tRIP..

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 7, 2017
I qualified 7th. I had hoped to get a little higher, but I'm not great in qualy so wasn't particularly unhappy with my qualy position. I had hoped to get ahead of @GreaseMonkey as we'd always been close in previous practice races, but he just pipped me by 0.016 seconds.

The beginning on the race was slow and steady. It didn't take long however for the front 4 to pull out a bit of a gap to @DaWu, GreaseMonkey and myself. I let them two battle it out for 5th, I just wanted to stay in contention if anything went wrong. It took until the beginning of lap 11 for GreaseMonkey to get ahead. DaWu let me by on lap 14 so I could have a battle with GreaseMonkey who was still only a couple seconds ahead. GM put some great laps in for the next couple and pulled a lead of 3.5 seconds, before I managed to start closing up. By lap 20 I was within a second again. On lap 21, GM went wide on the double-right hander over the crest and I went through the inside for 5th.

I'm only 12 seconds behind 1st, but 8 behind 4th. Looks like they're having a great battle ahead. My only hope was to put in some great laps and hope my pit crew do me proud. Gradually, one by one, they each make their way to the pits over the next few laps and I take the lead end of lap 30. My pace has been great - low 43's, and my first 42 in race conditions. I decide to stay out in the lead for a few laps and assess what's going on around. The pits seems to have split those 4 drivers up a bit. There's now a 10 second spread between them all, and @Murph and @dopey401 are 24-25 seconds behind me. Enough for a pit stop overtake? Hmmm. Maybe. I have a trick up my sleeve.

Lap 33, I pit. 1.3 second pit stop and I'm out! I see Kapo go past. I'm back on track now, picking up speed in the pit exit. Damn, there they go, getting to turn 1 just a second before me. 2 laps left - it's not enough time. I'm 4th - 6.5 seconds behind winner @Kapo.

In summary, I think I need to work a bit more on hotlap pace. If I wasn't stuck in 6th/7th for the first 20 laps, I've no doubt I would have been closer to P1. Still, delighted with what's been a great start to the season. Pretty much mistake free race with consistent pace. Looking forward to some more clean racing this coming season - I thoroughly enjoyed this weeks challenge. Congrats on a well deserved win @Kapo

Murph

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Mar 8, 2018
So my overview of the race :) Started the race in 3rd. Very happy with being that high up in the grid, a marked improvement compared to last season's perfomances in T3 but in a way, a slight sense of what it could of been, as I threw away a lap pushing a bit too hard which I was on course to break into the 1:41's (Just drifted that little too wide that ended up being a little bit too far over the white lines at T8's exit.)

Knew I had decent race pace similar to the others at the front. First few laps was quite happy to hold position in 3rd with @Kapo and @DoR, which I think helped as all 3 of were close to one another but maintaining the pace to pull away from the pack. Come to the just after the middle of the race (Around lap 20-22, @dopey401 caught up to the back of myself and I saw DoR who at the time was leading and about 2-3 seconds up the road coming into some backmarkers and felt this was the time for the pit and maybe the undercut, slight problem was I wasn't comfortable with how the fronts were wearing down a little too much for my liking at this point of the race. I could of made it too the end if i didn't change any tyres but I took a gamble which was to change just the front tyres...

8/9 sec pit stop and I thought 'that's it, my gamble backfired, that was too long'.... Then all of a sudden my car just went into hyperspeed... the next 4/5 laps my car was on rails and was FAST! I think I ended up doing the fastest lap of the race in that period aswell as other laps close to it... I saw DoR had pitted and I drove past while he was the pitlane and felt like how?!

Then things got interesting, the rears which I left untouched were the problem. Car started to become a bit harder to control on corner exit and the pace dropped a little. Dopey then pitted and on exit, suddenly it turns out we're pretty much neck and neck into turn 1 (He actually got ahead for a bit). Luckily his tyres were still coming up to temps/pressure as I got back passed and it was just a case of trying to hold on until the end. Kapo took the deserved win, pretty much a flawless race by you :) and @tRIP with almost the pit strategy of dreams coming scarily close to taking 2nd place (coming out on pit exit to be about 1 second behind from outta nowhere)

But all in all, Porsche did me proud... See you at Silverstone :)

DoR

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 11, 2018
@Murph I had a few wobbles infront of you during lap 6-9 I think. I was worried you might get past, but luckily there was enough of a gap during those mistakes. I took almost the same strategy as you other than I changed full tyres instead. What a mistake! I never recovered and let tRIP and dopey in as a result.

@tRIP.. - you had a belter of a pit stop! I was completely at a loss as to how you gained so much time and I hadn't found out about the pit stop glitch till after the race (hadn't checked the forums) :rolleyes: I'm wiser now so you better believe your next pass on me will have to be done on track :LOL:

tRIP..

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 7, 2017
@DoR I wasn't even aware it was a glitch. I just found a strategy that worked for me since the last patch - I wasn't aware of the forum thread either lol. :cool: