AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 2 - ROUND 2 - Silverstone GP | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 2 - ROUND 2 - Silverstone GP

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016

ROUND 2 - Silverstone GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday October 17th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race: 30 laps (29 race laps + 1 AOR formation lap)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit Weather Center.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 8 April 2018 - 13:00 (PM)
- Race start time: 8 April 2018 - 14:00 (PM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Shows:
@-L.X.-
@IAteAGnomeOnce
@TheRipper

Last edited:

-L.X.-

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 21, 2018
gonna have to miss this one out :(
a school evening got in my way, but i'll be back on the next round
good luck & have fun y'all on this cold track ;)

Lindholdt

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018
I am having a small surgery in the morning on Wednesday, but I should be ready to race in the evening. Unless I am in too much pain or still drugged up I will drive, but wanted to give a heads-up and a reason for not showing up, if that happens. Also, If things are bad, I might be sleeping most of the day, and might not be able to writhe here.

Insulaventus

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 20, 2018
Thought this was a GT5 race for a second, considering how much fighting there was! Big incident at the start shook up the field, ending in a brilliant recovery drive from @Murph ending up in 10th after reentering the race in 23rd. Good race and a comfortable win for @Kapo, pushing him even further up in the lead. @Midweekcoma who was in p1 for the first half pitted to let of pressure from Kapo behind, and ended up in some traffic which allowed Kapo to perform an overcut, thereby midweekcoma ended up in second. The person on the bottom step of the podium could be either of the two GC racing teammates of @Migzorn and @dopey401, who battled hard in the dying laps of the race with dopey ending up on top. The GC Racing guys take first spot in the team championship with their strong finish :)

Massive thanks to @King-kodiak for joining me in the box! Always a pleasure.
Here's the vod:

Last edited:

Murph

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Mar 8, 2018
I felt bad for the start. My framerate took a massive dump at t1 and i just couldnt do anything.. Thankfully sounds like it was just me that seems like that had aero damage and just wanna apologize to @DoR specifically.. While recovering, I tried to keep the car in the middle of that track and then got sandwiched by @AndrexUK and @Mattster (nothing malicious but scary, real scary haha) as i was slowing down to let everyone go around me while my game was going mad...

Luckily after about 3 laps when the field spread out the game sorted itself out and it was recovery from there.. The aero damage (9 front aero) was hindering me so i had to pit a lot earlier that what i would of like (lap 8, wanted to pit at around lap 20). But was fun going back through the grid at least and happy to take what the end result was in P8 i believe

Last edited:
Reactions: DoR

DoR

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 11, 2018
Hey @Murph as I mentioned after the race no hard feelings, knowing that it was a PC issue for you (y) Think it's just my luck as I've had a few races I could have won last season, if it weren't for my own PC issues!

Regarding the incident, at the time it happened I wasn't really sure if I had shut the door on you, but looking at the footage and you confirming your PC issues, I'm relieved I hadn't !

Anyway, after that happened I knew I had a task on my hands as I was dead last after qualifying 2nd..

After that I went to task picking people off as best as I could, and we ended up together again not long after in tense battle ! It was some nice close racing which was clean I think, so that was quite enjoyable :D

Had things have been different, with qualifying 2nd and looking at the time I lost due to that T1 incident, I think I would have been in with a shout of 1st :cry: Happy to have clawed it back from the very back all the way up to 5th so that is a positive and again Murph it's water under the bridge :)

There's always the next race :cool:

I want to make my own apology to @StormENT for the bump in the middle of the race- I wasn't honestly expecting your breaking so early. Sorry for that :(

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: StormENT and Murph

StormENT

PC GT3 S9 AM Champion
Nov 1, 2017
I started with a nightmare in qualifying! My setup didn't load properly in my first run so I had loads of fuel and some strange handling but at least managed to get a lap in. I then loaded the correct setup but under pressure pushed too hard and cut a corner. With not much time left I didn't slow down so I could make it to the line to have a 3rd and final attempt. Then the message came through.... Your current and NEXT laps have been invalidated! So with only 1 BAD time on the board I was starting last!!!!!

The start of the race went great for me. Starting from 24th I had made it up to 12th by the Hanger straight on the first lap so felt I'd made up for my bad starting position. Over the next few laps and some great racing with @rillo7105 @TicklishPicklewickle and @S4Howie I worked my way up into 9th. I sat in 9th a couple seconds behind neptune for 10 laps or so, not able to make much of a dent in the gap.
Then at the mid point of the race I broke too early for the fast paced @DoR and he hit me from behind sending me into a spin. After a few more spins attempting to point in the right direction again I attempted to pass @DoR who had kindly waited for me. Unfortunately my rear left had rocketed to 112 degrees and I simply slid off the track again. Oh well...... at least it wasn't caught on the stream with @King-kodiak documenting my errors for the world to see :ROFLMAO:

After making my pit stop I came out right behind @TicklishPicklewickle and @S4Howie where we resumed our enjoyable battling for another few laps.

@DoR Thanks for the apology. I think waiting for me while I spun around the track like I was auditioning for dancing on ice was probably more punishment than you deserved!

Seamas111

AOR PC GT3 S10 T5 Champion
Jun 9, 2018
Hi all,

Well my race had its ups and downs.

Qually was ok. Struggled to run fast enough on my outlap to get heat into the tyres, whilst at the same time giving myself a gap in traffic. Started P11/12ish

For the race I managed to avoid the drama in the first corner. Narrowly missing @WMDRMartin who was spinning trying to avoid contact. Went 3 wide into the fast left sweeper b4 turn 2 with @GreaseMonkey and @eXcole. Great driving by both equaled no contact (y)

Ended the first lap 7th and set about chasing after greasemonkey. After a few laps greasemonkey and @Pitti made half errors and I snuck through to 5th. Unfortunately that all ended when I spun on exit of the hairpin in sector 2. Unlike @StormENT my off track antics happened to coincide with @King-kodiak @Insulaventus panning to me at that exact moment.....:oops:

That dropped me down to 9th. After the pit stops cycled through had some great battles with @S4Howie and the recovering Murph. Great fun guys :cool:

Clawed my way back to 9th position and then proceeded to throw it away by spinning for the second time. In the last lap I got to the back of Pitti and I made a move into the final chicane. I assume @Pitti you over cooked it on exit and we touched so the move didn't pay off.

All in all an entertaining race :)