PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 2 - ROUND 5 - Dubai GP | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 2 - ROUND 5 - Dubai GP

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

S4Howie

GP2 Reserve Driver
Nov 1, 2017

ROUND 5 - Dubai GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday November 7th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race: 30 laps (29 race laps + 1 AOR formation lap)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit Weather Center

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 18 November 2018 - 01:00 (AM)
- Race start time: 18 November 2018 - 02:00 (AM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Shows:
@Seamas111

Last edited by a moderator:

S4Howie

GP2 Reserve Driver
Nov 1, 2017

Welcome to Dubai,

Leave the umbrellas and rain tyres in Germany, because there is no chance of rain during the race in Dubai. However tire management will be a returning factor as the tires can really melt away on the extremely hot track surface if you aren't careful. Hopefully racing at night helps in that regard, with cooler temperatures.

If you have some money to spent, consider staying in the Burj Al Arab Jumeirah hotel, known as the only 7 star hotel in the world.

Overcast conditions for both qualifying and race.

*Also note the in-game date which is set to 18 November to achieve colder track temperatures.

• Informative
Reactions: Lindholdt and Kapo

tRIP..

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 7, 2017
Jeez, hope everything's all right with everyone involved and that it's not too serious :(
Think it's for the best I don't drive tonight, my whiplash is starting to kick in.

Typical drive home, reasonably busy traffic, everyone going 50-60mph ish (2 lane highway). Suddently, brake lights all over. I get my car stopped (just), the Mondeo behind me gets stopped, the Clio behind him didn't. 3 car pile-up, I'm definitely shunted hard but my car is pretty much ok. Bumper damage only from a visual perspective, no idea what it's like underneath but I drove it home ok.

Feeling stiff now though. Neck hurting.

• Scared
Reactions: Insulaventus

StormENT

PC GT3 S9 AM Champion
Nov 1, 2017
Think it's for the best I don't drive tonight, my whiplash is starting to kick in.

Typical drive home, reasonably busy traffic, everyone going 50-60mph ish (2 lane highway). Suddently, brake lights all over. I get my car stopped (just), the Mondeo behind me gets stopped, the Clio behind him didn't. 3 car pile-up, I'm definitely shunted hard but my car is pretty much ok. Bumper damage only from a visual perspective, no idea what it's like underneath but I drove it home ok.

F**K - Glad you're not banged up too bad. Presume you'll be opening a stewards enquiry on the Clio :ROFLMAO: Shame you can't race as you were looking good here! Rest up and hope to see you next week.

• Winner
Reactions: tRIP..

DoR

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 11, 2018

Take it easy tRIP- glad to hear you're not hurt bad !

• Friendly
Reactions: tRIP..

Pitti

Pro Karter
Mar 20, 2018
What a mess, got disconnected the second time today, once just before the quali and now within the race. :(
maybe it has something to do with todays windows update.

Have a nice race

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
What a mess, got disconnected the second time today, once just before the quali and now within the race. :(
maybe it has something to do with todays windows update.

Have a nice race
I saw you tried to reconnect a couple times. Please don't do that in the future. It can make the server unstable when people disconnect and connect all the time. You should also know that it says so in the rules as well (so consider this a small warning ;)). Once disconnected, don't try to reconnect as you won't be able to race again anyway

• Informative
Reactions: Pitti

Lindholdt

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018

Waoh, damn! Good to hear that you okay given the circumstances. Hope the neck pain will go away fast.

Reactions: WMDRMartin

WMDRMartin

GP2 Test Driver
Oct 31, 2017
Best result of the season!
After starting P9 I quickly managed to work myself up to P7, which turned into P6 as @TM Touring made another mistake early on.
My pace wasn't quite the same as in the practice race however, so I was struggling quite a bit on pace in the early stages (Started with 18, ended with 5 people, so track conditions weren't as accurate. Shoutout to @dakuza from Tier 1 for the titanic battle though!)

I was driving carefully since I lack car confidence in the early stages, something which Touring apparently noticed as he blasted past me in sector 1 and continued his redemption charge. For a little while it was going well, speeding up by about 1-2 tenths a lap, until I span in turn 1... :cry:
I thought for sure I was a goner, as my car was heading straight towards the inside wall at a much higher speed than preferred. But I was saved due to some miracle and the car stopped about 10 centimeters from the barriers.
I'd lost some positions though, so I had to try and regain those 10 seconds it had cost me.

Somehow the spinning had helped my tires and I was gaining half a second a lap on my best times, allowing me to immediately charge towards @Mattster. I was really impatient to catch up with my rivals ahead so I went for the earliest opportunity I had. I took a compromised line into the corner, and to make sure I got a decent exit I had to make some major corrections with my pad, which sadly isn't as gentle as a wheel. This caused me to veer left a bit, touching @Mattster on the right front end. Thankfully I didn't force him off the track, but I'd like to apologise for the contact anyways, it would have annoyed me as well.

The next guy up the road was @StormENT . I expected to catch him rather quickly, as my pace was improving, but he was driving really well and was making good use of @jaycoool 's slipstream to stay ahead by about a second for multiple laps.

I decided to pit on lap 11 so I'd have less engine damage to repair, hoping for an undercut on the rest, but I almost binned it on the pit entry (to be fair, it did make for quite an epic downhill drift). I also figured it was a good idea since as long as @StormENT had that slipstream I probably wouldn't get past him. I came out in the middle of nowhere, so I expected quite a lonely race from there on, however Storm pitted 2 laps later and came out right in front of me. I continued to follow him as a lap or two later @jaycoool pitted as well and came out behind both of us. I thought I could finally attack Storm properly without him benefitting from the slipstream. Boy was I wrong...

I'd always get really really close to him in the braking zones, only for him to absolutely rocket his way down the straights, rendering the slipstream pretty much useless :LOL:
Anyways, I was starting to consistently stay closer, and as we lapped @S4Howie , I actually bumped Storm a little since he was taking that corner extra cautiously.
On lap 23 @StormENT let me pass, presumably for a slowdown, so I tried taking off, but made too many small mistakes under pressure to really pull away.

Then on lap 26 of 30 I lost the car again in the same exact spot i'd spun earlier, but I managed to catch the halfspin and only lose 1.2 seconds. Of course, @StormENT had blown past me once again, so now I had to try ACTUALLY passing him with only 4 laps remaining. I could tell he was really pushing hard, because he started making more and more small mistakes in the slower corners, probably to avoid spinning like me.

At the end of lap 28 however, I tried faking a lunge down the inside of the final corner, and @StormENT , being the gentleman he is, left space ahead of me, compromising his run into lap 29. I was finally close enough to get a good run on him down one of the straights, and sure enough, by the time we got to the long straight at the start of sector 2, I was practically glued to his bumper. To my surprise, he didn't defend at all, even giving me the inside line. But he then tried to do the switchback, which would've worked if I hadn't absolutely parked my car on the apexes of the next three corners, :sneaky:

After that, we both backed off a bit on the pace to just bring it home for the last lap, and we finished pretty much 4 tenths inbetween us.
My sincerest apologies to @StormENT for ruining his first celebration donut after the race by absolutely smashing into him :ROFLMAO:

As for the stream, I really enjoyed watching that! Lots of battles everywhere for pretty much the entire race and good commentating to top it off made it an enjoyable thing to watch right after the race. @Insulaventus @King-kodiak
As for my defensive line at the end of the back straight, which the commentators noticed, the reason I took that line is because I prefer track position and controlled car rotation in slow corners over momentum. Carrying momentum into a slow corner on a pad is really really dangerous, which is why I avoided it as much as possible ;) (It does look rather odd from the trackside cameras, but I didn't actually lose any time as I could plant the throttle into the ground after rotating the car instead of feathering it while turning)

See y'all next week!

(Pictured below is my car basked in @StormENT 's braking light)
20181108210518_1.jpg

Last edited:

WMDRMartin

GP2 Test Driver
Oct 31, 2017
An hour later, I realize I forgot to mention where I finished lmao. That was P9 folks.