PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - Driver Introduction | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - Driver Introduction

poisike78

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Feb 28, 2018

AOR Project Cars 2 GT3 Leagues - Season 11
PC Tier 3 - Driver Introduction

Hello and welcome to Season 11 of the AOR Project Cars 2 GT3 Leagues.

The purpose of this thread is to give you a chance to introduce yourself to the other drivers, so we can get to know about each other's situation and aspirations from this season.

Questions:

1) Tell us about yourself. (e.g. name, age, occupation, favourite track etc.)
2) Did you participate in season 10? If so in which tier and how did it go?
3) What do you hope to achieve during this season? Any rivals you want to beat?
4) Do you like some of the new changes for this season. (e.g. what do you think about increased tire wear?)

Feel free to ignore above template and introduce yourself in your way!

LiboCZ

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jul 25, 2016
Hey guys!

here is something from me.

1) My name is still Libor, now 35y old, coming from Czech Republic.

2) In last season I realized that at the end it does not matter which tracks are selected for the season because after the time I spent on every track I felt in love with all tracks. I was part of S10 in Tier 4 (now I am in Tier 3 so getting higher :D) and I have to say I did quite well, except reverse grid races, that was quite nightmare for me. Overall I finished 5th but something is telling me this season will be much harder, but we will see.

3) I am hoping again in fair and clean racing, Top 10 finish will be nice but we will see.

4) I hope increased tire wear will be fine, the only thing I am not looking forward are reverse grid races but maybe it will be better this season, trying to be positive!

Anyway I wish you all good luck and I hope in fair and clean racing, basically fun for everyone :)

Clank24401

AOR PC GT3 Am S8 Champion
Oct 31, 2017
Hey everyone, I'm Jake and 17 years old. I'm studying computing at college and my favorite track is Le Mans, or Imola, I can't decide. :unsure:

I didn't take part in season 10 as I didn't have the time to do so, but was nice to take a break. My first season was season 8, I was in tier 4 and managed 1 race victory and the drivers title. :cool: I moved up to Tier 3 for season 9 but I didn't perform as well as I wanted to and had a lot of issues throughout the season.

Obviously it would be nice to finish high up, but as long as there's good close racing I don't really mind where I am in the end.

I'm looking forward to the reverse grid races as I haven't done them yet in GT3, should be good fun.

krop

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2018
I'm Jerzy (George) from Poland, aged 26, currently working in logistics engineering related to automotive industry as a constructor :) I don't have favourite tracks or cars, I've got tracks that I absolutely despise (Oschersleben being one of them).

Hadn't participated in season 10 since I've only had a wheel for 3 months. I have, however, finished 3rd in the Ginetta GT5 league in tier 2.

Maybe go up to tier 2? I don't know really, that would be my dream but for now I'd rather work on my consistency.

Increased tire wear is definitely a plus, puts more emphasis on strategy as it is the case in real life GT3 races.

Last edited:

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
I'm Joe and I'm 20, living in the UK currently working as an electrical engineer. Favourite tracks are probably Le Mans, Nordshleife and despite not racing it until last season, Donington Park.

Last time out I was in Tier 4, finished 9th overall in the drivers standings and 8th overall in the teams standings. Notable achievements include getting a podium, managing to consistently ruin my race in the last 5 laps, and angering the FIA greatly. Although my best drive was probably recovering to 10th place after picking my car out of a wall and going a lap down on Lap 3 of the season finale.

This season I'm aiming for a top 10 overall finish again, and hopefully top 5 teams too :) maybe I'll manage to steal a podium from a track I've never driven before, who knows. Other goals include not crashing at the Nordshleife, finding new and inventive ways to ruin my races in the closing laps, and angering the FIA enough to be handed a race ban in time for Oschersleben. There are a few familar faces from last season, we had a lot of fun there and I look forward to losing to you guys in particular ❤

The calendar looks pretty good this season bar a couple of truly hateful creations, deep down I'm looking forward to Oulton Park most. I seem to get along with bumpy British tracks, for reasons not known to me. The increased tyre wear probably wont make much of a difference, maybe make us consider changing if we use softs, that's probably about it. I'm most looking forward to the promised lack of 30c track temp races, only to find out it wasn't the temp that makes everything feel slippy, and that I need to find something else to blame for this phenomenon.

VoodooChild

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
Hello!
I'm Claudio, I'm 42 years young :whistle:, I'm Italian and i live in the south of Switzerland.

I'm a looooong time video gamer but I only started SimRacing in january, I found an extremely welcoming community in Project Cars 2 and then joined AOR for Season 10. I was placed in the Amazing Tier 5 and ended up 2nd overall with 6 podium placements and 3 fourth places, but sadly (and quite frustratingly) no wins. As my team mate @Seamas111 dominated the tier, our Hurricane Racing handily won the team championship.

Despite not really being comfortable in most of season 11 tracks, my goals are to stay consistent, a little bit faster and possibly score some podiums (even though the real dream would be to finally snatch a win).

Welchy10

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone,

I am Chris, 29 years old, British living in the south of England.

Long time gamer, with a twitch channel (twitch.tv/gamingnationuk1 if anyone is interested). Recently fallen in love with racing games again after playing on an incredible sim rig at EGX at the NEC in Birmingham in England. Playing on a rig with a chair that moved, kicked you in the back everytime you changed gear or hit a bump in the road, all in VR was incredible! So here I am signing up to an online PCARS 2 league. I did race in one similar - not sure if it was AOR or not - around 5 years ago on PCARS 1.

My goals for this season is to not humiliate myself haha. I am happy with the calendar, most of the tracks I am ok with. The things I struggle with is understanding car setup and sometimes my consistency is an issue. Little mistakes here and there like running wide, or getting on the power too early that sort of thing are too common for me but hopefully the more I race the more that consistency will come.

Hoping to have a great time here, competing with others of similar ability who hopefully wont drive off into the sunset from me! :)

spacemonkee78

Formula Karter
Jun 5, 2018
Hello everyone, my name is Adam, I'm 40 years old and live in Glasgow, Scotland and work in the emergency services here. Only just started simracing properly just under a year ago. I participated in S10 of this league but it was a pretty poor season for me. Spent most of the season in the Porsche which turned out to be a mistake, I wasn't really enjoying the racing in it but that all changed in my last few races when I changed to the Audi.

Really looking forward to this season now with my current car choice of the lambo and my new teammate Voodoo (although I expect him to outperform me in every race). I see a lot of names from S10 T4 and some new ones too, look forward to racing with you all, learning some new tracks and hopefully getting faster myself.

See you on the track!

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
Thought I'd "fill this in".

I'm Paul, 44 from Northern Ireland. I work as a Lead Developer/Technical Architect for a small indigenous (to N.I.) software company, but am currently out on contract with a large international bank writing Big Data email surveillance software to watch trader communications for miss-conduct. I am Big Brother.

Been a casual, once in a while, sim racer for decades, but only started playing hard with PCars1. Never really done online racing until now, so I'm pretty green at it.

This is my first online season and in order to be competitive I have to run 100s of laps every week, attend all practices and pray for a good chunk of luck.

Some races I have done well so far, others not so much, but I'm extremely nervous at the start of races, at least until my race face comes on. I am generally at the ragged edge of my skills every lap.

As @AndrexUK, @poisike78 and others have found, if you are clearly faster than me (and it's not near the end of the race) I will probably let you through pretty quickly as I don't have much ability left to fight with. However, rather unfairly maybe, if I am faster than you in front, I will catch you, I will hunt you, I will pressure you, I will intimidate you and I will pass you. :D

If it's not night and my lights are on, I'm coming for you. If they are off, you can relax.... or maybe I'm just playing with you :D

Last edited: