PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - Main Thread

Xeonski

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
Also, DNF puts you in a huge disantvantage for the 90-minutes races.
Are you sure about this ? From what i read during the announcement there will not be 3 different classement, just reversed championship order regardless of DNS/DNF/DSQ

Pirate

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 7, 2017
Are you sure about this ? From what i read during the announcement there will not be 3 different classement, just reversed championship order regardless of DNS/DNF/DSQ
Oh my bad then. I thought they used the same system like last season.

poisike78

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oh my bad then. I thought they used the same system like last season.
A lot of people complained about this last season, so it was changed for this season.

The idea behind it was good in my opinion, unfortunately it just didn't work or people didn't understand why it was like it was. Let's hope everyone likes the new solution better.

VoodooChild

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
A lot of people complained about this last season, so it was changed for this season.

The idea behind it was good in my opinion, unfortunately it just didn't work or people didn't understand why it was like it was. Let's hope everyone likes the new solution better.
there was a big fault in the execution of that idea, which was penalizing people who actually started the previous races but wasn't able to finish them.
if someone got crashed out of a race, he got screwed twice, which was unfair.

poisike78

Feb 28, 2018
there was a big fault in the execution of that idea, which was penalizing people who actually started the previous races but wasn't able to finish them.
if someone got crashed out of a race, he got screwed twice, which was unfair.
I somewhat agree. Problem is that it's almost impossible to keep track of who disconnected because he couldn't be bothered to drive until the end or who actually got disconnected because of reasons out of his control.

Now everyone is in the same situation, even the people who just miss races without a good reason or just quit because it wasn't going how they wanted. I personally don't think that's fair either.

VoodooChild

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
imho whoever bothered to show up at the race start should have been counted in "group 1".
but anyways that's the past, we got a new blanket solution now and i'm perfectly fine with that too.

Reactions: poisike78

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
Yea only top 20 get points, so in reality it doesn't matter whether 21st is ahead of the DNF aside from the fact he actually finished the race. When I saw it I just assumed that somehow 21st place completed less laps than the DNF driver, although I wasn't there so I don't know. And like I said, both get 0 points so I didn't really care.

poisike78

Feb 28, 2018
I assume the table only looks at points, nothing else. Get some points and the problem will be resolved :)

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
Okay lemme just crash into enough drivers so I am guaranteed P20. Points will be on the cards for Norfolk & Chance :p

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
We upset him last season :( poor Cravgar. Either way, he would easily be challenging for the leader's points in T3 anyway, and from what I've seen the staff don't like adding drivers mid season who are capable of winning races in their tier :p

poisike78

Feb 28, 2018
We upset him last season :( poor Cravgar. Either way, he would easily be challenging for the leader's points in T3 anyway, and from what I've seen the staff don't like adding drivers mid season who are capable of winning races in their tier :p
Yes, that's true. We tried to avoid adding drivers to a tier where they could potentially interfere with championship fights in S10. TBH, I don't know if this unwritten guideline is still in effect.
As far as I know, there has not been a placement decision made about the mid season signups. But T2 is full, so there aren't many options available to place @Cravgar .

Cravgar

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 1, 2018
I agree with you all whole heartedly on not placing drivers who might interrupt things, racing with most of you was great but only having the option for a 3 way battle isn’t really that fun which is my main hesitation.

Having said that I signed up for the last two gte races so I’m hoping I’m in there which will see me through to pretty much the end of the season so bring on s12. I did lol at seeing all the lobbies with only 22 or so people though, at least 20 people bailing is a shame

• What?
Reactions: VoodooChild