Feb 28, 2018

ROUND 2 - Silverstone GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday October 17th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race: 30 laps (29 race laps + 1 AOR formation lap)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit Weather Center.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 8 April 2018 - 13:00 (PM)
- Race start time: 8 April 2018 - 14:00 (PM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Shows:
@Anduaa
@ddd3
@Corvo7
@Szekely915
@Clank24401

Reserves allowed to race:
@chabas
@Pirate
@Szekely915
@spacemonkee78
@Welchy10

Last edited:

Ranno

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018

Welcome to Silverstone, the home race of many!

For the second round of the season, we’re visiting one of the most popular tracks in racing! Home of the first Formula One World Championship Race, this track has seen many great moments in its time. It makes its AOR GT3 Comeback after appearing in S9, but missing out on S10.

Usually England can be well-known for its poor weather, but expect only overcast conditions for the race - with no chance of rain throughout. Qualifying is set to be clear also, so a perfect opportunity to get in the perfect lap!

Good luck!

Deerladog

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
Me showing up to this one hinges heavily on if I have a working wheel or not on race day. Hopefully its fine, but there's a chance it may not be.

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
Wheel magically fixed itself. I'll be able to race, until it decides to die for no reason on Wendesday night again.

Reactions: kralor

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
Wheel magically fixed itself. I'll be able to race, until it decides to die for no reason on Wendesday night again.
You have a T300 right? Did it just turn-off completely?

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
@Marvin I have a T300 yea. And it was strange, everything worked perfectly, aside from the force feedback. It span around like a madman as it usually does on power-up, it worked fine in the menus etc. As soon as I got to qualy, no FFB. I tried restarting my game and my wheel, still the same issue. I turned it on today to try and fix it, and it magically worked all of a sudden. I didn't even have to do anything.

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
@Marvin I have a T300 yea. And it was strange, everything worked perfectly, aside from the force feedback. It span around like a madman as it usually does on power-up, it worked fine in the menus etc. As soon as I got to qualy, no FFB. I tried restarting my game and my wheel, still the same issue. I turned it on today to try and fix it, and it magically worked all of a sudden. I didn't even have to do anything.
Ah alright, then it probably isn't a problem with your power supply. Me and @GIXXERosg had problems with our power supply.

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Finally a track that I have raced on before. From what I have read, it should fit the M6 too, so this promises to be interesting :)

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
The PSU is just a 240V mains cable, unless you mean its internal one. Either way I'm going to use this as a fantastic excuse to buy a Fanatec shortly, although its no longer urgent. I blame @GIXXERosg for making me want a Fanatec when I don't need one :p

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
@Deerladog or find a TS-PC Racer on the cheap during the holidays but I want a Fanatec as well lol My PSU did fail but I was extremely lucky that the repair center is pretty close.

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
I mean you could 0 stop tyres if you're insane. Based off what some people have seen with tyre wear it might be enough to persuade them to 2 stop, but I don't know how viable that will actually be.

LiboCZ

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2016
So spent some time on practice and that middle sector is making me crazy, it seems I am loosing there a lot of time. Also it is very funny that I have the AI set up on same level and on Algarve I was easily getting poles but here for some reason the AI is doing the world record in quali, so no wonder I am usually starting pretty from the bottom. Also the front left tyre looks very bad at the end, better to change it or try to stay until the end of race without changing tyres?

Reactions: Blunboi

CRC Slade

Junior Karter
Sep 21, 2018
Hey guys, today is a practice race, right?
I would like to take part, even if im not participating in the league this season :) any chance?

• Friendly
Reactions: LiboCZ

Shooter80

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Indeed there is:

https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-gt3-practice-race-round-2-silverstone-gp-sunday-14-10-18-8pm-uk-time.48408/

Its a 'social' race, as opposed to the 'official' Tuesday practice, so certainly, feel free to sign up and take part if you wish.

EDIT: Btw...its overcast, and 11c track temps, I expect most (if not all) people to run softs, I'd say it would be worth it to get a few laps in with those conditions before the race, to prepare yourself for the quite surprisingly 'challenging' grip levels.

CRC Slade

Junior Karter
Sep 21, 2018
Indeed there is:

https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-gt3-practice-race-round-2-silverstone-gp-sunday-14-10-18-8pm-uk-time.48408/

Its a 'social' race, as opposed to the 'official' Tuesday practice, so certainly, feel free to sign up and take part if you wish.

EDIT: Btw...its overcast, and 11c track temps, I expect most (if not all) people to run softs, I'd say it would be worth it to get a few laps in with those conditions before the race, to prepare yourself for the quite surprisingly 'challenging' grip levels.
thx bud!

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018

ddd3

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 17, 2018
Hey, sorry for the late notice but I won't be able to participate in tonight's race. Something changed in my travel plans last second.

• Informative
Reactions: Ranno