PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 8 - Spa-Francorchamps | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 8 - Spa-Francorchamps

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
Well that was an abortion.

Lap, seen a multi-car spin on the Kemmel straight, jinked right, over shot, put two wheels on the grass, spotted another spinner ahead, jinked back on, lost the back end and nurfed the wall. Completely my own fault. 30 second pit stop lap 1.

My setup went wrong which I was expecting around lap 6, barely able to keep the car on the road doing 2:23s. When that slowly ebbed away and tyre wear set in I decided to pit and change tyres.

Got a 20 second penalty for putting one wheel on the pit exit line. B*******t game.

Managed to some good laps for about 6 laps until my setup went into shopping cart mode again.

Then... I glanced the wall down the hill into Eu Rouge and 100% Engine Damage, game over. I mean I barely touched it, that wall usually grabs you if you touch it hard, but I just glanced off and was still going race speed up the hill but without an engine.

With Poisike and me out that will most likely compress the top of the championship even more, should make the last few races interesting.

LiboCZ

F1 2nd Driver
Jul 25, 2016
Well that was race, and now really exhasuted but really happy as I never ever dream about 5th place with reverse grid. Anyway would like bit appologize for my overtakes with @D.Brezancic and @kralor - we had slight contact nut no damage on my car, so no problem for me. At the end I was bit catching @Zachflange who get 4 seconds penalty and and the end I made it!!!! Looking at the resutls I was only 3sec from podium, but I am happy with P5. Also congratz to podium guys, @Xeonski , @dr_green and our winner @Captain Slow

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
That was nerve wrecking. I tried to stay out of trouble and at the back for the first few laps and by others' misfortune gained a few places. Then realized that I had to start passing people. I had a low downforce setup which was horrible behind somebody but perfect in clean air, my only chance was at the end of the main straight and thanks to all for good clean battles and not bumping me out! I gained the lead around lap 17, was planning to pit and change tyres but as I was extending my lead I decided to stay on. On lap 25 my tyres died completely so had to pit and change tyres. Luckily the car felt perfect after that and was able to make the final passes. Thanks for a great race and I'm really sorry for seeing other guys having bad luck and crashing out. It was my turn to be lucky.

• Winner
Reactions: LiboCZ

Deerladog

Premium Member
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
As usual I sabotaged my own race, but it was probably the most fun I've had in an AOR race. I ended up doing a 360 against my will on the Kemmel straight when @Capitalist put 2 wheels on the grass and had a chain reaction resulting in many deaths, then I spun it the next lap at no-name killing a few more drivers for good measure. I'm sorry if my little accident ruined anyone's races, sometimes we have a little spin every now and again. Had to pit on lap 4. Made up a bit of ground, was catching the leaders somewhat in my first stint. Pit again mid-way through the race for some more fuel and a fresh set of tyres, and made up 7 positions before I binned it a few laps from the end at Stavilot. Ended up with 13 aero damage and 20 suspension damage, and to borrow a phrase my car also went into shopping cart mode. I considered retiring it until I noticed I was catching up on the positions I lost, even with the damage. I managed to overtake @Andrei Voicu and @VoodooChild carrying the damage, and somehow managed to pull out a gap to Voodoo so he wouldn't get the place back after penalties had been applied. No idea how I managed it, but that's definitely the hardest I've had to work for a 12th place, and the happiest I've been to receive one.

Ranno

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Results are up.

@VoodooChild I'm really sorry if I ruined Your race. At the time I thought You were almost standing in the corner because You hit someone in front. I asked on discord if it was my fault, but You didn't reply, so I continued. Otherwise I would have waited for You. Had no chance of stopping the car when I saw the standing cars in the corner, but either way, I'm sorry. I was trying to take it as easy as I could, but apparently that wasn't enough. If it was my fault then I should have waited, so You are free to take it to the stewards.
On the other hand I saw some really respectful and careful drivers, so well done for others!

Not much to say about my race, game stopped responding in the pits. I guess it's like real racing, **** happens.

Zachflange

Pro Karter
Apr 17, 2016
sry @dr_green for the intimate moment we had, i realised to late that @Nila had no exceleration at all and reacted as fast as i coud
then project sticky cars 2 decided that we belong togeather for a little moment ;)
but in the end i´m pritty releaved that we both survived and i hope you didnt get any damage

yea @LiboCZ , i got in traffic and consistancy wins :rolleyes:;)

edit: that was definetly one of the most fun races i had in AOR, i´m very happy on how close our skill level is and i´m very happy with my position with the lawnmower on this track

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: LiboCZ and dr_green

Capitalist

Formula Karter
Jul 15, 2018
First of all, sorry you got hit by me @Deerladog , we went three wide and I feel like @Gurken Koenig didn't leave me enough space so I put up a steward's inquiry about the matter.
Regardless, I had a great race and managed to go up to P9, would have been 2nd if I didn't have the lap 1 incident.

VoodooChild

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
Results are up.

@VoodooChild I'm really sorry if I ruined Your race.
don't worry, mate, you didn't!
yes i got spun in that pile up and -as usual- got the shortest stick in a situation like that, but that wasn't your fault at all. @Deerladog spun after no-name causing a 6-7 cars pile up, i hit someone in front of me and then you spun me. Nothing either of us could do about it... textbook racing incident. I blame doggo. :censored:

After that i didn't pit immedietely, i kept on running with 24 front damage (that cost me about 3 second per lap) until lap 6 to try to do only one pitstop. Unwittingly i miscalculated the pitstop and after my tank was filled up again i realized i was still missing 5 liters, so i had to pit again after few laps. After that, had a spin on the exit of bus stop which caused me minor damage (5 front aero) and my tyres started sto struggle quite a lot. Finished up 13th, it was a quite disapponting race but at least i finished it (unlike Nurburgring, or @poisike78 and @venquessa tonight... i feel your pain brothers)

POV (once uploaded and processed):

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Ranno and Blunboi

Deerladog

Premium Member
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
Ill throw in my POV on that thread when I get home @Capitalist saves me making a thread ;) I was lucky to escape almost unscathed in all honesty. I did a full 360, assisted by bouncing off the barrier at high speed and got 2 aero and nothing else. I ruined my own race the following lap at no name, so I'm not too sad about my 360

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
Thanks for uploading the video @VoodooChild. My hitting the wall on lap one is captured well. It would have been such a sweat move "if it wasn't for those pesky kids!" I probably should have braked like everyone else, but we take risks and sometimes they don't pay off.

Ranno

Feb 28, 2018
Do I remember correctly that we had 25 cars at start?

Xeonski

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
Well, mixed feeling about this race, managed to get P2 and maintened it until lap 38 where steam decided it was important to reduce my game to tell me that i was inactive in a voice chat, get 50 suspension damage but still managed to keep P3. Happy with my first podium but very disappointed by this incident

• Winner
Reactions: Ranno

ZeFau

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 2, 2018
This one really sucked for me. No grip all race. In a practice lobby 10 minutes before the race I did 1:21s, in our session I could hardly remain in the 1:23s. The car was sliding all the effing time. It was just horrifically not funny. At all. Fighting my car for one and a half hours .... just Gaaaaah! Before it was just fine. On and offline. It felt comfortable. And then Pirate also t-boned me. But that was okay, considering my pace was crap and he was lagging and probably didn't even see me. I wouldn't have gotten much further up anyhow. Erase and rewind.

Ranno

Feb 28, 2018
Yes we did but Duip dropped out because of lag
Yes, just wanted to make sure that the total number was correct. So we had no uninformed no shows this time (y)

A few questions for everyone:
Did anyone have problems with the lobby stability or performance yesterday (mainly interested in things you usually don't have problem with when someone else is hosting)?
In general, would You say there is a noticeable difference based on who hosts the lobby?
Would You be OK with me hosting the remaining 2 rounds? If no, can You name anyone who would be a better choice?

As I can only influence myself being there on time and I would like to make sure yesterdays delays don't repeat, I would prefer to host the remaining races. I personally don't see any evidence that the host matters when the session is already running. I have seen really bad stuttering and multiple disconnects with a known "good host" and I have also seen people hosting with really low spec PC's without a problem. Hosts connection may matter for initiating the transitions from one session to another, but I believe I have a above average connection, so don't really see a problem there too. Of course it doesn't really matter what I think and that's why I asked the questions above. Please share Your thoughts so we can find a solution that's acceptable for everyone.
One more thing, I'm not saying @Zachflange has been bad or anything like that, in fact he has been very helpful and I appreciate that! He is in no way required to show up before 8PM and host our sessions. That's actually my job. I stopped hosting because people complained and I started thinking maybe there is something that I'm missing, but I'm still not seeing it.

ZeFau

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 2, 2018
I'm totally fine with you hosting, @poisike78. :) Connection wise all lobbies for me have been the same this season. Each one had their tiny bits of sporadic lag stutter, but it was all tolerable. No difference whether you or Zach hosted.