Feb 28, 2018

ROUND 9 - Texas Road

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday December 5th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race: 47 laps (46 race laps + 1 AOR formation lap)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit Weather Center.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 14 October 2018 - 01:00 (AM)
- Race start time: 14 October 2018 - 03:00 (AM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Shows:
@mikeself
@Anduaa
@Andrei Voicu
@chabas

Last edited:

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
I have never driven here but looks like a simple track with few corners. First hairpin propably the only passing place. Let's see how the weather will be like...

Blunboi

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 26, 2017
From early testing my quali pace is 1:16 flat, feel like there's still half a second somewhere to find though.

Edit: Managed to get it down to 1:15.5.

Last edited:
Reactions: D.Brezancic

Blunboi

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 26, 2017
Also have to remember that drafting is massive on this track, feel like if you come out of the pits behind someone quick in quali, then chances are you'll earn around half a second to a second just through the draft :unsure:

poisike78

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Feb 28, 2018

Welcome to Texas Roadway!

Once considered one of the fastest tracks on the NASCAR circuit, overtaking should not be a problem for our GT3's! Under the lights at night, it should be a fine looking one as well.

Along with this, there should be no rain to be seen as both the race and qualifying will be under medium cloud conditions.

Good luck all!

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
Managed about a 1:16.2 in my first ever practice at this track not with race fuel though.

LiboCZ

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jul 25, 2016
And I am still having hangover from yesterday's Xmas party, not sure when I will be able to practice :D

• Winner
Reactions: poisike78

poisike78

Feb 28, 2018
I was stupid enough to race the Clios yesterday. It was great, but today I realized how terrible this M6 is to drive. Also proved how terrible I am at driving different cars between races. On Thursday, in my first practice on this track I did 1:16,5, but today I couldn't get below 1:17,9 and it felt like drifting a school bus. :)

On the positive side, I got a new 2080 as a replacement for the faulty one. In yesterday's Clio race the frame rate was basically flawless (except when someone left, then it still dropped a few frames), but we didn't have many cars on track, so...

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
Clio's are great fun once you get the hang of them. Shame I had to drop.

I have done a few 1:16s with qualy fuel and a mixture of 1:17s and 1:18s in race trim. My PCars says that Blunboi holds the world record here. Blunboi and the aliens are doing 1:15/14s.

I did try the Lambo, but after 30 minutes of doing a basic setup on it I only managed to match my Audi time. The tricky part with the Audi is you have to set the downforce, practically to 0 and drive turn 1 at full speed with your fingertips. Still have test if this will be possible after 48 laps and worn tyres.

Not expecting to do well here and I have no idea about how well I will do at Laguna, so I think the championship fight will come down to Libo, Poisike and Slow.

Last edited:

Anduaa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 2, 2018
Hi, Sorry i probably cant make to race tomorrow :( ... i have volley competition at same evening :)

• Informative

Nila

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 21, 2018
Well.. i hate this track. i know hate is a strong word, but this is by far the least fun track in this game. i had to set my TC to insane levels. Loads of interference and managed to stay stable from low 16´s to high 16´s. i guess i could get a top 15 if i stay on the track.

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
I don't know. My lap board looks in practice race looked like a random number generator tonight. 16.2 with help of a tow, but mostly 17s and 18s with worn tyres a few 24s for good measure and some sight seeing across the infield backwards. It's not faster but it has less corners. Grass needs watering though. :)

Sneezing in VR in the banked turn one is ... amusing. Not recommended.

For some reason I just can't take this race seriously. My bets are on Slow, then Voodoo, then Poisike with Blunboi landing in there amongst them no doubt. If I get top 10 I'll feel lucky.

poisike78

Feb 28, 2018
Driver briefing is up > https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-gt3-s11-driver-briefing.48246/post-693595

For some reason I just can't take this race seriously. My bets are on Slow, then Voodoo, then Poisike with Blunboi landing in there amongst them no doubt. If I get top 10 I'll feel lucky.
I have nothing. Haven't done much practice, don't even know if my setup works the whole race. Got a weird pain in neck when I turn my head, started yesterday evening and is still there. No idea whats up with that and if I can even drive like this. But I will give it a try, if it gets bad I will park my car and @Captain Slow receives his well deserved championship title tonight.

Pirate

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 7, 2017
I didnt change anything for my connection, so if you see me lagging, just call me out again and I will retire.

• Friendly

Pirate

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 7, 2017
holy fucking **** im so fucking mad at myself right now
i raced for the whole day, now in the middle of the race myfucking wheel decided to go off my table so i thought sure i will readjust the screw of my wheel while on the straight amd boom my car goes **** you
@dr_green im very sorry your dnf was the result of my stupidity
this was one of the best races i ever had and i even had a very good chance of a top5 finish which I was far away from for the whole season and that tilts me even more
i guess **** like this only happens once
fml

Blunboi

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 26, 2017
Great race tonight, surprised the Audi actually had the legs to go to the end and win... Sorry again to @VoodooChild for the tap, I did let you go and I'm hoping I didn't give you any damage, sorry again :(