Apr 28, 2017

ROUND 2 - Silverstone GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday October 17th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race: 30 laps (29 race laps + 1 AOR formation lap)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the weather centre

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 8 April 2018 - 13:00 (PM)
- Race start time: 8 April 2018 - 14:00 (PM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Shows:
@tR DutchMan

Last edited:
Reactions: Lorentzen_94

GaryWasHere65

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Apr 28, 2017
Had a run at it last night with my default setup, nissan felt ok, but just have to dial it in better. Your race pace looks real good,

Callum246

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Dec 9, 2015
I play all the f1 games and used to play forza motorsport. So this track was easy for me to get used to. I have ordered an ethernet cable so Wednesday should be a go. I did the quali setup and run first, made a few tiny changes for race setup and did the hour long race. Tyres are amazing with my setup.

GaryWasHere65

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Apr 28, 2017
Cable will make a lot of difference, wireless suffers a lot of interferance from anything electrical in the home, phone chargers, power packs etc.

Also

You can priortise your router setting for xbox. You have a MAC address on your xbox under internet settings, it will be something like BC 82 83 83 82.......
note it down and then go to your routers address on the internet, it may be ... http://192.168.1.1/index, look on the back of your router, enter the user and password to log into it. User is usally admin.

go to advanced settings and look for traffic mapping under QOS i think and you should be able to prioritise your xbox MAC address by entering it in.

This will ensure you get maximum internet when you are using xbox.

https://allvirtualracing.com/index.php?/forums/forum/34-dirt-4-setups/

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron and Callum246

Callum246

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Dec 9, 2015
Well hopefully after this race they could do something about it, and besides I'm not fast at a lot of circuits. It's just certain ones like this one I'm quick

Reactions: willyblackhamer

Callum246

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Dec 9, 2015
Hmm I could always tell you all some secrets to get around the track faster, but that will be telling haha

Royall92

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 22, 2018
My race pace is currently 2.05.5 with default setting. With a bit of tinkering a think a 2.04 is possible for race pace and maybe quicker for quali

GaryWasHere65

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Apr 28, 2017
Think this will be a cracker of a race and looking foward to it.

GaryWasHere65

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Apr 28, 2017
I Havnt got the driver briefing details as yet, but just to advise you i think everyone stuck to track limits ok at algarve, but Silverstone is a different matter so please bear in mind that i will be looking closely that everyone complys to the track limits rules.

Reactions: seppel165

Royall92

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 22, 2018
Think this will be a cracker of a race and looking foward to it.
Due to the nature of the track, I think there will be a lot more battles and close racing. Didn't feel like Portimao allowed much of that. There are sections of Silverstone which require balls and commitment, so will be good to see how each driver handles them. I'm really looking forward to it!

Wesselll

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 30, 2017
Put me up as a no show for tonight due to work. I might might might make it but then I will send you a message to invite me.

o Coxon o

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 17, 2016
Someone Help!!! my car was again virtually undriveable again & I just dont know why??

GaryWasHere65

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Apr 28, 2017
Think about half the field had problems again last night. Wheel shake was unbelievable, worse i have experienced, it was impossible to drive straight at times and would catch me out mid corner and fire me off the track. \\\disguted with the game at this point, I could run with up to 15 people season 10 at time with no problems, now with patch 7 its worse than ever. I am honestly on the virge of quitting because of this.