PS4 - AOR GT3 S12 - PS4 Tier 1 - Round 1 - Brands Hatch GP - 06.02.19 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S12 - PS4 Tier 1 - Round 1 - Brands Hatch GP - 06.02.19 @8pm UK time

KrypticTMG

F1 2nd Driver
Apr 4, 2015
Yeah, probably the AMG could be fast around here. The main problem with the AMG is that the tires don't work when it's cold and we are driving in february :cautious:

By the way, why aren't you driving in the PS4 Tier 1? It would be a pleasure to drive against ypu again :)
Thanks man i still jump on my ps4 every now and then but i'm in the PC elite tier this season dude.

scld1808

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 27, 2018
I do not like how cold that track is and softs don’t work and neither do hards

KrypticTMG

F1 2nd Driver
Apr 4, 2015
My experience has been, that whatever pace is expected for the race it is usually much slower during the actual race, I would not be surprised if nobody manages a 23 during the race.

It'd be great to have the same level of grip as it is in the PC Version of the game
I was going to do a video on the difference between PC and console. I've noticed a few things even tho i can get the same times on both but with PS4 the kerbs seem to be more slippery and its easier to lock up your brakes but i feel like the cars turn in more on ps4 doesn't seem to be as much understeer as PC. PS4 does have the advantage in terms of how the tires heat up its not as harsh for example when i ran TT laps around catalunya by the time you get to the last sector on PC the tires are on fire on PS4 they are perfectly fine also wet weather driving is a lot more grippy on ps4 for some reason you really notice difference.

The FFB is a lot more full on PC I would say which is why i have different wheel settings for different platforms.

Archil

PS4 S1 Ginetta GT5 T1 Champion
Apr 22, 2018
I was going to do a video on the difference between PC and console. I've noticed a few things even tho i can get the same times on both but with PS4 the kerbs seem to be more slippery and its easier to lock up your brakes but i feel like the cars turn in more on ps4 doesn't seem to be as much understeer as PC. PS4 does have the advantage in terms of how the tires heat up its not as harsh for example when i ran TT laps around catalunya by the time you get to the last sector on PC the tires are on fire on PS4 they are perfectly fine also wet weather driving is a lot more grippy on ps4 for some reason you really notice difference.

The FFB is a lot more full on PC I would say which is why i have different wheel settings for different platforms.
That is insightful, cheers!

Yup I have noticed, that during wet weather ps4 times were better and on the dry the other way around.

That should be the reason

KrypticTMG

F1 2nd Driver
Apr 4, 2015
That is insightful, cheers!

Yup I have noticed, that during wet weather ps4 times were better and on the dry the other way around.

That should be the reason
I have to mess with my wheel settings on ps4 to try and make it feel like pc but somehow it's not that hard to match the times I set on PC it's pretty weird.

Archil

PS4 S1 Ginetta GT5 T1 Champion
Apr 22, 2018
I have to mess with my wheel settings on ps4 to try and make it feel like pc but somehow it's not that hard to match the times I set on PC it's pretty weird.
Mate if you are talking time trial, I am fine with it. But when it comes to online full lobby, there is just no comparison.

I watch Jardier's stream and if I did the things he does to that Lambo, I'd be on the gravel all the time. The car just sticks on PC when you are online, on PS4 it does not really

But the most fascinating thing about this is, that if you force default setups, the grip somehow restores and the times get faster. Then if gives a false promise that with a setup you can be much faster, but once default setup is not forced anymore, and you can make adjustment the grip is gone somewhere.

I did a 1:28.8 with a default setup Ferrari on Red Bull Ring, then a 1:54.8 with an NSX on the Nurburgring GP. After that, a 1:46.1 with a default setup AMG GT on Monza. 1:26:8 on Donnington Park with an Audi and so on. All these times in a lobby where. default setups are forces.

I mean, even if I find tune my Lambo, in AOR lobby these times would be quite amazing.

ESR_theschmid

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T1 Champion
Oct 31, 2017
Today I did my first practice and the 15°C are a big problem for the AMG... to cold for the hard tyres and to hot for the softs... In my opinion the middle and high 23 will be the pace to hit during the race!

the other thing is all the blind corners where you don't have any brake points and have to brake and turn in when you feel it's the right time :cautious:

It's not my favorite track and a good qualifying will be the half rent of the race.

Reactions: Jarryd Vermeulen

KrypticTMG

F1 2nd Driver
Apr 4, 2015
Mate if you are talking time trial, I am fine with it. But when it comes to online full lobby, there is just no comparison.

I watch Jardier's stream and if I did the things he does to that Lambo, I'd be on the gravel all the time. The car just sticks on PC when you are online, on PS4 it does not really

But the most fascinating thing about this is, that if you force default setups, the grip somehow restores and the times get faster. Then if gives a false promise that with a setup you can be much faster, but once default setup is not forced anymore, and you can make adjustment the grip is gone somewhere.

I did a 1:28.8 with a default setup Ferrari on Red Bull Ring, then a 1:54.8 with an NSX on the Nurburgring GP. After that, a 1:46.1 with a default setup AMG GT on Monza. 1:26:8 on Donnington Park with an Audi and so on. All these times in a lobby where. default setups are forces.

I mean, even if I find tune my Lambo, in AOR lobby these times would be quite amazing.
I mean jardier is a top driver and he makes it look easy but the one thing i've noticed with the lambo on PC IS it has so much more understeer than PS4, on Ps4 the lambo is a lot more loose and i actually prefer it to be honest i don't like the way it feels on PC so thats why you have to use a different setup for that car on the two platforms.

I know what you mean about the weird grip levels when you go into the AOR lobbies where all of a sudden you cant get anywhere near the times that you you should be doing but trust me its exactly the same on PC mate its just a game issue when i did my eval race at Hockenhiem Quali felt normal managed a 36.9 then the race starts and all i can do is a 39.2 race pace when i was doing 38.1s 20mins before the race started its the game.

The one thing i think does help tho which ppl on Ps4 dont do is when you practice make sure you have a full lobby because it gives you simular conditions to what your going to race in and i find you end up changing your setup abit and it helps when you actually race.

VSR Thomasethan

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans LMP1-H tier 1 Winner
Apr 10, 2018
Today I did my first practice and the 15°C are a big problem for the AMG... to cold for the hard tyres and to hot for the softs... In my opinion the middle and high 23 will be the pace to hit during the race!

the other thing is all the blind corners where you don't have any brake points and have to brake and turn in when you feel it's the right time :cautious:

It's not my favorite track and a good qualifying will be the half rent of the race.
It's horrible, we all just have to grin and bare it for now :unsure:

Reactions: Mildenman27

ESR_theschmid

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T1 Champion
Oct 31, 2017
When does the weather center tells us the conditions for the race? does anyone knows? :unsure:

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
Dont forget to add me to your PSN guys so i can invite you (PSN: Davidben85 )

Last edited:

scld1808

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 27, 2018
What's the issue??
It could be PSN but I joined a party and had no issues with lag. Joined a pC2 lobby and **** started, lag everywhere but when I left everything was fine. It happened yesterday to me aswell which is why I thought it was my game at first but now PSN is having a large number 2