PC - AOR GT3 S13 - PC Tier 3 - Round 1: IMOLA - 05.06.19 @8PM UK TIME | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S13 - PC Tier 3 - Round 1: IMOLA - 05.06.19 @8PM UK TIME

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Welchy10

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 25, 2017
So my wheel worked fine with ACC after last nights issues. No idea why it decided to suddenly stop working with PC2. So frustrating as I was really looking forward to a strong race as I like Imola and my lap times looked good compared to the front runners in the race results. :-(

• Sad
Reactions: Jul!en

morphee7

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
well what can i say i was really hopeful; with this race until the unfixable black screen of death with the rift s so had to cowboy a way to use a monitor again and damn i really dont want to do that again as it was that bad on my vision i couldnt even tell the make of car that was infront or behind me
as for the race i clipped the grass on the left before turn 1 which kicked my car to the right and made me side swipe my team mate @Jordy van Oosten which then spun me, lster in the race i hit a spinner which damaged my suspension so had to pit then got more damage later from a spin of my own but when you are getting laped from lap 10 onwards from bad starts your race is already kind of over
i just hope i get my headset sorted, i still had some fun at the back th9ough chasing guys down and avoiding spinners which make me have to take to the grass to avoid a couple

Mearcat

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 9, 2018
Enjoyed the race greatly, I managed to avoid the spin in the first corner. Very unfortunate for that Lambo as he clipped the grass, deadly on this track. Seeing the spin I took to the greenery myself to avoid squashing an Audi that got caught up in it. But because I passed him whilst on the grass I had to give the space back. I ended up having to lose 5 spaces until the warning disappeared.

Settled down to start catching up, almost made a great move on Hamster into the last corners but had a loose rear exiting the turn and couldn't hold on to it.

Quite a few wheel to wheel moments as well which was a real treat.

Getting towards the end, the Mcat curse of "Last5spinnertime" bit as usual causing me to lose my hard held 7/8th?? Heading down to the last 2 corners, a tiny bit late on the brakes caused the front to wiggle over the bump clipping the grass and a 90mphish 300 degree spin followed, FFFFFFFFF.............. OOO, no damage! I'd missed all the fences and tyre walls, wahoo! lost 3 places though but got going again for the last 5 laps tried to chase down those that past.

Great race!

When racing I try and remember to follow 3 things:
not sweeping wide out of corners with a car on the outside​
don't turn fully into the apex with a car on the inside​
Most importantly - the front bumper does not constitute being alongside, try and get a big chunk of your car, at least half or front wheel to rear wheel, side by side for an overtake or back out.​

I have to say that despite the first corner that was an unfortunate spin, what I saw and have been able to watch in the replay so far, everyone behaved similar to me, which is great to know that I am in a group of like minded racers. It was fun racing with a few unfortunate mishaps (for me anyway).

Race 1 has been one of the races to remember and I hope the quality of this season starter will continue and get better! Lets make T3 the cleanest Tier in the Season.

Donnington here we come.......