PC - AOR GT3 S13 - PC Tier 3 - Round 2: DONINGTON GP - 12.06.19 @8PM UK TIME | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S13 - PC Tier 3 - Round 2: DONINGTON GP - 12.06.19 @8PM UK TIME

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016

ROUND 2 - Donington GP

Event Information:

Date: Wednesday June 12th 2019
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 41 Laps (1 formation lap + 40 race laps)

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying:
Clear
- Race start:
Clear -
Medium Cloud

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 12/05/19 14:00
- Race start time: 12/05/19 15:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:

Uninformed No Shows:

Reactions: morphee7

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
● If you are unable to attend a race, you have to give sufficient notice for your absence before the race starts. ;) ESPECIALLY seasoned AOR racers!

PhantomHamster

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jun 23, 2016
Hi Guys
I just want to make sure everyone understands the manual rolling start rules after Round 1 went a little wrong.
  • After the green lights go out stay in your grid slot for 5 seconds then the pole sitter can move off and accelerate to 80mph/130kph.
  • Remain in single file weaving and warming of brakes is allowed but be careful of other drivers
  • When the formation point is reached the leader MUST slow to 50mph/80kph.
  • Grid will them form up 2x2. MAINTAIN 50mph/80kph.
  • No tyre warming manoeuvres are permitted past this point.
  • When the acceleration point is reached it is up to the pole sitter to decide when to accelerate in a clear manner. Don't jump on and off the accelerator to try and trick other drivers.
Hope this clears it up and we can have a more even start!

Phantom

Na Scoitear

AOR PC GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Premium Member
May 16, 2019
sorry lads i just saw the replay and i was going a bit too fast at the end of the formation lap, this was my first time on pole and i wasn't expecting it to be honest but thats no excuse, really sorry to the guys at the back that didnt get a chance to catch up before the race start

Reactions: GIXXERosg

morphee7

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
sorry lads i just saw the replay and i was going a bit too fast at the end of the formation lap, this was my first time on pole and i wasn't expecting it to be honest but thats no excuse, really sorry to the guys at the back that didnt get a chance to catch up before the race start
no worries @Na Scoitear it was the first round if mistakes are made id rather it be this one that later in the season
and...... what!!!! wait!!!!! a dry donnington? what is the world coming to

VoodooChild

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018

Mearcat

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 9, 2018
I am in...Hopefully no strange wheel issues this week!
You got your wheel some therapy or did you just threaten it :LOL:

That worked for mine. Its connection played up so I threatened to send it back, its worked ever since :ROFLMAO:.

Reactions: Welchy10

Welchy10

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 25, 2017
You got your wheel some therapy or did you just threaten it :LOL:

That worked for mine. Its connection played up so I threatened to send it back, its worked ever since :ROFLMAO:.
Well annoyingly, I ran ACC after I missed the cut off for the race, and the wheel worked. So no idea what happened. So the wheel is still alive thankfully so fingers crossed I can join the race this week.

Reactions: Mearcat

Mearcat

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 9, 2018
Just a reminder about the first corner (Redgate), its slightly elliptical in shape. The line sweeps in aggressively from the outside of the start straight.

You can see the narrowing in this aerial shot (Redgate bottom Right):
Image result for donington park

The approach is 3-4 cars wide (with the pit exit) to begin with, but narrows quickly to 2 cars wide towards the apex and exit within seconds. I have tried it out, and have many experiences with it in PC2 and RL. Anymore than 2 cars will result in minimum 2 cars going off. 2 cars that are very close side by side can just about make it out of the exit without squeezing one onto the kerbs.

So pretty please avoid trying to shoot up the inside or squeeze up the middle of 2 on the first lap. It looks like there's space but there isn't.

Looking forward to tomorrows race, Good luck all.

Jul!en

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
I'm not sure, but I may not attend this race.
My cousin will have a party in case she passes her exams which I will probably go to.

• Informative
Reactions: PhantomHamster

Na Scoitear

AOR PC GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Premium Member
May 16, 2019
congrats @GromozekA you were wicked fast tonight and a great win, had good clean battles with @Krikkos and @Jordy van Oosten, krikkos i tried to force a mistake from you but you were very good under pressure (y)

second half of the race i really struggled with tyres and pace really dropped off with a couple o spins, kinda weird!
congrats also to @atlasgehirn424 and @BlackEskimo i think for reaching the podium

atlasgehirn424

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 4, 2017
congratulations @GromozekA You had an exceptional pace in both Qualifying and the race.
Congrats to all too who I had good battles with MarcoThePirat and @BlackEskimo. That was really fun towards the end of the race, I had to drive Quali laps to keep you at bay.

Also I have to give a shoutout to the lapped drivers, great awareness when I was lapping them and that at a track which is pretty sketchy to do so at some points. Sure there are always a few situations that are pretty close, some miscommunication stuff, but overall they did a good job. :)

Welchy10

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to @GromozekA that was an impressive drive. Comfortable gaps in qualy and in the race. Was great for me to get racing. My best ever qualifying in this league to grab 4th. Would have been 2nd if i didnt run wide on the last corner of the last lap and have the time wiped. Then in the race, got up to 3rd on the first corner and the top 3 began to pull away from the rest. I was close to 2nd pace for a good amount of time, we seemed to both be faster than each other in certain parts of the track and it was a huge amount of fun.

Then 3 mistakes of my own doing in the space of 10-15 laps put me down to 9th. Fought back to 4th in the end so it was a great result for me, equaling my best ever race finish too. But I feel I could have got a podium without those mistakes!

Couple of points I would like to raise with the group about the race though:

1) Way too much chatter on the discord during the race. The standard of driving was for the most part good but there was clearly some drivers who were struggling and were lapped multiple times. They did a great job in my experience during the race of moving out of the way but I feel that saying "thanks" on the discord everytime this happens, is not needed. It should be expected for you to give way and when you are concentrating hard, hearing "thanks" every minute was off-putting at times. I might be alone in this thinking so if its just me that feels this way then feel free to ignore me :).

2) There were several occasions where drivers were all over the shot, felt a bit like Project CARS 2 Battle Royale at some stages. If you do go off I get it, but you have to make sure you come back on to the track safely and not when a car is coming past. I had to take avoiding action several times during the race to make sure I didnt get smashed by people returning to the track.

Overall though, a great race. So happy my wheel lasted and I will post some clips from my stream in here tomorrow as I am very busy with work today :).

PhantomHamster

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jun 23, 2016
All in all that was a rubbish race for me with my brake issues! @Welchy10 i may well have been one of those that were all over the shop, apologies if I got in the way but as I’ve since found out that my brakes were jammed on slightly all the time.

To all in regards to the chattering I agree that full blown conversations during the race is really off putting, I have no problem with people saying “thanks”, but any major discussions need to be left until every driver has finished the race.