PC - AOR GT3 S13 - PC Tier 3 - Round 2: DONINGTON GP - 12.06.19 @8PM UK TIME | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S13 - PC Tier 3 - Round 2: DONINGTON GP - 12.06.19 @8PM UK TIME

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Welchy10

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 25, 2017
All in all that was a rubbish race for me with my brake issues! @Welchy10 i may well have been one of those that were all over the shop, apologies if I got in the way but as I’ve since found out that my brakes were jammed on slightly all the time.

To all in regards to the chattering I agree that full blown conversations during the race is really off putting, I have no problem with people saying “thanks”, but any major discussions need to be left until every driver has finished the race.
Honestly its fine, it wasn't meant as a moaning post on that regard so apologies if it came across in that manner. I mean, I really can't complain with some of the racing standards I have displayed in the past ! haha

Maybe it was just because of the amount it was said and the amount of lapped cars there were that there was an unusually high amount of lapping going on so opportunities to thank people where greater. It was just an observation. As I said if it is just me on this, then it is totally fine :).

Reactions: PhantomHamster

morphee7

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
well what can i say.....
it seems like im heading for another season of carnage.
for qualifying i had a nightmare, the rear was sooo twitchy but that could of been dirty air because it is kinda hard to find space for 32 cars that are trying to find there own space
As for the race erm,,,, i think this sums it up

i didnt even see you @ShaunNEVS rejoining, i thought you had hit me from being spun by someone else as i was focused on chasing down the two cars infront of me.
Just a word of advice to everyone and that is if you end up off track from a punt or by self infliction look at your relative and track map and rejoin as safe as possible

But after that incident i tried for a lap to race with the damage but it wasnt possible so i ended up pitting and it felt like forever in there so my race was over

Na Scoitear

AOR PC GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Premium Member
May 16, 2019
Couple of points I would like to raise with the group about the race though:

1) Way too much chatter on the discord during the race. The standard of driving was for the most part good but there was clearly some drivers who were struggling and were lapped multiple times. They did a great job in my experience during the race of moving out of the way but I feel that saying "thanks" on the discord everytime this happens, is not needed. It should be expected for you to give way and when you are concentrating hard, hearing "thanks" every minute was off-putting at times. I might be alone in this thinking so if its just me that feels this way then feel free to ignore me :).
I totally agree with this, its good to be friendly on track but saying thanks everytime a car is lapped is overkill in my opinion and i was guilty of it myself a few times but it can be very distracting as sometimes you can't hear exactly what is being said on discord and can easily make a slight error because of it

morphee7

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
I totally agree with this, its good to be friendly on track but saying thanks everytime a car is lapped is overkill in my opinion and i was guilty of it myself a few times but it can be very distracting as sometimes you can't hear exactly what is being said on discord and can easily make a slight error because of it
well i only said thank you once because i felt guilty because everyone else was saying it lol

Reactions: Na Scoitear

ShaunNEVS

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jun 3, 2018
well what can i say.....
it seems like im heading for another season of carnage.
for qualifying i had a nightmare, the rear was sooo twitchy but that could of been dirty air because it is kinda hard to find space for 32 cars that are trying to find there own space
As for the race erm,,,, i think this sums it up

i didnt even see you @ShaunNEVS rejoining, i thought you had hit me from being spun by someone else as i was focused on chasing down the two cars infront of me.
Just a word of advice to everyone and that is if you end up off track from a punt or by self infliction look at your relative and track map and rejoin as safe as possible

But after that incident i tried for a lap to race with the damage but it wasnt possible so i ended up pitting and it felt like forever in there so my race was over
Ever so sorry Morphee7 - I was awful for how I rejoined and ironic due to what happened to me at Imola! I did wait before the hairpin but pardon the pun 'the damage was already done'. Very unlucky situation - I should have be more spatially aware and I would say to take me to the stewards because I did destroy your race. If it helps I got a 10 second penalty for speeding in the pit-lane in a result of pitting to fix the crash damage.

I was proud that I could fight my way back through the field to gain 19th or whatever position I got but am deeply sorry for the people who got clipped from the footage.

wolfgang

Formula 3 Test Driver
Aug 5, 2016
Skipped the Quali. Wanted to start last. Think it was a good idea: when I could see all the different crashes, overrolling cars etc. , I think there was no great difference to all the crash races with the public servers. From behind to 18th in lap 3: it was a good start. Then I crashed in a car coming back from the green. An early pitstop, came back as 24th. The rest was looking for the guys who lapped me. I hope I did not hinder too much the top guys . I had one very short touch with eskimo. Saw too late that he went inside to pass me.
Sorry for that.
I finished 20th, for me its o.k.
To the chat problems: When someone says: Thanks wolfgang , and anyone feels disturbed in his concentration, then maybe it's not the problem of a friendly competitor, but for a hypersensitive attitude to simracing.
I know this discussion from german simracing communities, where I was aggressively approached by name because I coughed for a second.

Jordy van Oosten

F1 2nd Driver
Sep 12, 2016
damn what a race.
had an okayish qually to p13.
during the race some awesome battles, apart from one bad move up to the inside.
but finishing in p5 was good enough for me. looking forward to next week!

Welchy10

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 25, 2017
At the end of the day I can deal with it. I just think it's unnecessary chatter. It's a personal preference.

Also not sure who it was but someone was flashing their lights at me whilst I was running P3 attempting to put me off. This isn't allowed right ?

I personally don't care about this one as I actually think it should be allowed. Especially for when lapping people. But just thought I'd highlight it in case it happens in future races.

wolfgang

Formula 3 Test Driver
Aug 5, 2016
But after that incident i tried for a lap to race with the damage but it wasnt possible so i ended up pitting
You crashed in lap 3, after the repair in the pit there had been another 38 laps with possible exciting matches with all the guys,
who had the same problems, but raced on to finish the race.

RedTerrier

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 4, 2019
On the lights issue, having headlights on should be reserved for when they are needed (dusk / dark) or to warn cars ahead that they are about to be lapped. Some people seem to leave them on all the time, which can intimidate drivers ahead but also makes it harder to tell which are the lapping cars... being a slow guy, I feel I can say something on this since I have lots of experience of being lapped! ;)

From the rules..
● As a means of helping with blue flags, we advise the leaders to flash their lights at cars due to be lapped. This should not be done excessively. This is their cue to inform that the driver on the lead lap is about to pass the driver being lapped, and should let the lapping car pass at the next safe available opportunity.
Flashing your lights at a competitor you are racing for position is not to be used as a "distraction technique" or in anger at an incident.

• Informative
Reactions: PhantomHamster

morphee7

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
You crashed in lap 3, after the repair in the pit there had been another 38 laps with possible exciting matches with all the guys,
who had the same problems, but raced on to finish the race.
oh sorry i miss wrote that, i did finish the race. What i should of said was i was in the pits forever fixing the damage but after that my brakes eemed to consistantly lock under braking no matter what my ABS setting was but carried on to a glorious 24th place lol

Reactions: wolfgang

JackGame88

Formula 4 Test Driver
Apr 15, 2019
An interesting race for me...

Quali went reasonably well - P12 even though I think I could have done better was a good place to fight for top 10!

The start of the race was much better than on the previous track, from mid-pack it felt like we’ve started racing not much later than the first few cars and we didn’t drop far behind. Starting in the middle of the pack I expected carnage in the first corner, but to my great surprise nothing like that happened and everyone went smoothly through the initial right-hander. Good track position (left hand side of the grid) let me stay close to the racing line, get a good exit speed, move to P11 and get closer to P10, so far so good!

Third corner of Donington Park, full-throttle left-hander was in my nightmares for the next couple of nights… When getting closer to P10, I thought it would be a brilliant idea to get inside of the car in front of me in turn 3. How foolish was I?… While having speed advantage, the inside seemed to be open for a split of a second, @Vallla closed it by following the racing line; what caused my spectacular spin while driving over 120 mph (200kph)! A had to give everyone a way and rejoin the track on P30, not the best start in the end...

Few corners down the track, in the middle of the Esses, @DJesse_GamingNL ended on his roof and 5 seconds later @Claes Landbo sent him on a space mission! Unfortunately unsuccessful one and Audi rocket started falling down quite quickly, landing right in front of @Evangelist , whose car impacted by the crash moved towards the right side of the track taking me with him.

Having some damage after the crash, I had to pit earlier than planned and when I rejoined the race once again, I was 26th at the beginning of lap 2… I didn’t give up and lap by lap I was advancing through the field: lap 10 - P21, lap 20 – P13. At around lap 26 I caught @duce and our fighting began! Initially I was able to move to P12, but not being used to long races, I started making mistakes and he managed to overtake me. One or two laps later it was me in front again, advancing to P10 due to one of the drivers pitting, but I couldn’t get away from @duce farther then for just 1s. His consistency and me making mistakes meant we were fighting on and off till the and of the race, him being victorious over me this time.

Finishing P11 after dropping down to the very bottom? I can’t complain!

Thanks everyone for a good race and see you in Catalunya!

Reactions: martin78 and duce

duce

Semi-Pro Karter
May 26, 2019
Also an interesting race for me and a tough track in my opinion.

Quali only 11th this time and lost some places after going cautious into the first corner.
But from there on quite a good race with alot more fights than in Imola last week.

I tried to lap @wolfgang in the hairpin on lap 7 when he probably didn't see me and we touched and I spun but wasn't really a matter. Lost only about 2 seconds and it was a good opportunity to pit.

I then only did one major mistake where I lost control on the hill and spun and lost about 15 seconds and the potential chance to achieve a better position then the final 10th place.

Then @RedTerrier and I had the longest "battle" I have had so far :) Was intense but always fair (y) I could manage to pull away a bit but some minor mistakes here and then and you braking later into the chicane made sure we had it going till the end. I noticed you had a time penalty so it was bit easier to stay cool as I knew I didn't need to fight hard but only stay with you.

Looking forward to Barcelona and I'm curious what times the other drivers will pull off there as there are a couple of corners you can win or loose a lot of time.

Reactions: RedTerrier

wolfgang

Formula 3 Test Driver
Aug 5, 2016
I tried to lap @wolfgang in the hairpin on lap 7 when he probably didn't see me and we touched and I spun but wasn't really a matter. Lost only about 2 seconds and it was a good opportunity to pit.
Couldn't remember an incident like that. So I watched the video and I' m sure you are not right. In round 7 there was no lapping and no duce far and wide.
The first time I was lapped was in round 9 from leader Gromeozeka. You lapped me in round 38 without any problems.

In generell I would say, it' s not O.K. to mention someone negative with names in public if you're not 100% sure. Only when you have checked in the video that the touch has taken place like this, you have the right, to publish other people's mistakes.
And then only if you've really had a serious disadvantage.

But you say yourself , you lost just 2 seconds. You say too it wasn' t a really matter. So why the hell you discriminate me, when it' s not a really matter ?
Imagine when all drivers would write about such mini touches with other guys, the race threads would reach the dimension of a book.
And half of them would be wrong and would again provoke counter-representations.
And, too: we all know that Pcars sometimes show different images to the affected drivers, so once more: no indictment without proof

And even then: the race thread is not the place for such affairs.
AOR has an own ( Stewards ) thread,: https://apexonlineracing.com/community/forums/stewards-panel.343/

btw: I watched your race in lap7: you lapped morphee, but without any problem, there,too, was no contact of cars

It' s very easy and quick done to discriminate against other people.
The more important it is to stay fair and decent when writing.
My name is in the thread in connection with a stupid driving style and I can't delete it
It is no fun to prove my innocent.

Last edited:

PhantomHamster

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jun 23, 2016
Also an interesting race for me and a tough track in my opinion.

Quali only 11th this time and lost some places after going cautious into the first corner.
But from there on quite a good race with alot more fights than in Imola last week.

I then only did one major mistake where I lost control on the hill and spun and lost about 15 seconds and the potential chance to achieve a better position then the final 10th place.

Then @RedTerrier and I had the longest "battle" I have had so far :) Was intense but always fair (y) I could manage to pull away a bit but some minor mistakes here and then and you braking later into the chicane made sure we had it going till the end. I noticed you had a time penalty so it was bit easier to stay cool as I knew I didn't need to fight hard but only stay with you.

Looking forward to Barcelona and I'm curious what times the other drivers will pull off there as there are a couple of corners you can win or loose a lot of time.
Guys if you have a problem with another driver please open up a stewards inquiry and they can look into it.

duce

Semi-Pro Karter
May 26, 2019
Sorry @wolfgang I didn't mean to discriminate, accuse or negatively tag you and apologize if I did offend you. Since this is my first season I only wanted to share my personal race log like some of the other drivers did. In the future I won't tag other drivers in the race thread in a way that can be seen negative and instead create a stewards thread if something noteworthy happens.

I watched the replay again and I obviously wrote down the wrong lap. Sorry for the confusion. I won't talk about it in this thread anymore so if you are interested you can send me a private message.

Reactions: wolfgang