PS4 - AOR GT3 S13 - PS4 Tier 2 - Round 1 - Imola - 05.06.19 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S13 - PS4 Tier 2 - Round 1 - Imola - 05.06.19 @8pm UK time

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
I've watched some tutorial videos on youtube yesterday after the race regarding setups and temperatures etc. (yeah I'm a pure rookie on car setups on this game, my McLaren setup is quite close from the default stable one) and realized that track temp is part of the tyre choice. (so I also realized how far are the details regarding these stuffs on this game).
So, like a rookie, I went for soft slicks all race long. But my race pace was pretty much the same from start to finish. Dunno if it could have been better with hards.
Hmm Interesting :) (y) seems im a rookie also , since having the game from release. Maybe certain tracks you can get away with it. But thought or from testing it was completely impossible to use softs in such high temps.

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
Hmm Interesting :) (y) seems im a rookie also , since having the game from release. Maybe certain tracks you can get away with it. But thought or from testing it was completely impossible to use softs in such high temps.
i tried the softs but found after a few laps the rears reached 90+ C and started breaking away unpredictably resulting in uncatchable spins

Reactions: kovy34 and FOGGY #7

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
Guys Im really sorry about formation lap, right before formation zone i was checking mirrors and missed breaking, then i panicked because i managed to qualify well and rejoin the track. I hope its ok and i didnt affect anybody. Once again I’m really sorry it wont happen again. Thanks for the race. It was my first here and it was great!
Umm Sorry to say this could be in breach of rules.

Qually - P4
Never could get really going in qually, threw away my last lap :( Was Happy to start the season on the 2nd Row though .
Race - P7
Loads of confusion at the start of the race. Just a huge Cock up , which put half the field outta sinc and Position for the Start (Check Rules for Formation lap please) . A win by Default it seems . :confused: I really did feel for you though @kovy34, that was so unlucky dropping your Fezza there. Damn unlucky ;)
Got of to a poor start really , and had to defend Turn 1, shutting the door pritty quickly to maintain position in P4. Got up to P3 as a spin by @Essa.Racing at the Chicane. Lap 5 i think . Held P3 the opening laps , and was chipping away time on the lead guys. Decided to pit lap 7 , just to get some space on track. As I was settling down, getting more comfortable with my race pace. I had a little off about lap 10 , costing me 6secs . A mountain to climb to challenge for a Podium here on in . By Lap 21 , the Car was getting more loose by every lap, and thought Im going to be lucky to finish in the Top 10 here !! Car just went from me and seemed to have lost all grip. I hung on till the final lap, but dropped the AMG at Turn 1 , costing me a 2min lap for my final lap. Gutted as I threw away 2 positions with my Clumsy car. P7 was a dissapointing start to the season, considering, my pace was up there till lap 21. Either way its points , and looking for a more competitive show at Donny Park . Congrats to the guys on the Box. See yers all Next Wednesday. (y);)
Do you have any saved replay of the race, or does anyone have a saved replay from the race.

@kovy34 just to clarify @C-FOGARTY 's post - the following is a quote from the league rules ( https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-gt3-s13-league-rules-and-regulations.55618/#post-777657 )

• If a driver spins off at any point in the formation lap, they are to hold their position, wait for the train of cars to pass through and re-form at the back of the grid in last position.
i didn't see what happened, but i'm told you attempted to regain your position after going off - unless someone who saw it posts a steward's enquiry , you've probably got away with it this time, but please don't let it happen again

kovy34

Formula Karter
May 22, 2019
@kovy34 just to clarify @C-FOGARTY 's post - the following is a quote from the league rules ( https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-gt3-s13-league-rules-and-regulations.55618/#post-777657 )

• If a driver spins off at any point in the formation lap, they are to hold their position, wait for the train of cars to pass through and re-form at the back of the grid in last position.
i didn't see what happened, but i'm told you attempted to regain your position after going off - unless someone who saw it posts a steward's enquiry , you've probably got away with it this time, but please don't let it happen again
Fair enough, i definitely broke the rules. As i was saying i just panicked. I will accept any kind of punishment.

planettoon

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 31, 2018
By Lap 21 , the Car was getting more loose by every lap, and thought Im going to be lucky to finish in the Top 10 here !!
I was watching your battles and yeah, your car seemed really erratic! You'd have a few really fast laps then it was wobbling everywhere.

Some good battles out there from what I saw.

Reactions: FOGGY #7

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
I was watching your battles and yeah, your car seemed really erratic! You'd have a few really fast laps then it was wobbling everywhere.

Some good battles out there from what I saw.
It became undriveable- really frustrating. The Battles on track were really good , we should all be in good shape to continue the great racing we saw at Imola , for the rest of the champs. We got a good group of racers in our tier. Its going to be fun . (y);)

kovy34

Formula Karter
May 22, 2019
i'd just like to welcome everyone to tier2 - new drivers please make sure you are familiar with our rules and particularly the aor rolling start procedure

good luck to all - looking forward to some clean close racing with you all this season :)
This didnt age well :DDD