PS4 - AOR GT3 S13 - PS4 Tier 2 - Round 5 - Zhuhai - 03.07.19 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S13 - PS4 Tier 2 - Round 5 - Zhuhai - 03.07.19 @8pm UK time

kovy34

Pro Karter
May 22, 2019
Guys I Am sorry but i will miss this one. I just moved in to a new place a there is connection issue, so iam with no internet. It will be sorted out tomorrow :/. I am really pissed but nothing i can do about it. Good luck today.

JR-Lock-N-Load

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Mar 27, 2019
what happened to slicker ?
still figuring out how to run hards' forgot to put TC on that did not help ... what can i say if i kept it together would have had a good result ... i span out a few times over cooking the rears .. you guys drove mint you were all so fast and consistent hats off to you all ... will have my stream up shortly for anyone to view , catch you guys at the next one

Massive Congrads to Essa well done pal :) and to the other podium guys

Last edited:

planettoon

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 31, 2018
Overall a fairly satisfying points finish, but I was a lot quicker in practice just before the race with Frank but that's how it goes in practice mode I guess.

Firstly, sorry @Chickano for the kiss on your rear bumper, got caught out with the dirty air under breaking. That cost us both quite a few places so it was somewhat pleasing to see you got a podium after that. I got 4 damage from it and it cost me about 0.5 a lap based on the times I was doing after repairing. I had a good view of the racing Chickano and another Ferrari in the early laps. It allowed Frank to pull away but it was good to watch.

After that it was just putting in some lap times, finally managed to break into the 1:33's near the end. I thought I was going to have a lonely finish but @C-FOGARTY started to come into view. Just as I was getting within 5 seconds a bloody spider started swinging in front of my eyes, thinking I got rid of it the pesky thing returned a few laps later costing me about 3-4 seconds in distractions! With about 10 laps to go @Billiejoe97g decided to join in for some midfield racing and he and Fogarty were swapping positions and I was hoping I'd catch again. I got within a few seconds and got caught out in dirty air again going onto the grass and ending any challenge.

Oh, I nearly forgot the start! @Dannyboy aka as the flying torpedo :eek: I had to turn left on turn 1 entry :D That was close.

Good qualifying from all as well, 1 second splitting the top 10.

I will post a link to my stream when YouTube shares it with me!

Last edited:

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Overall a fairly satisfying points finish, but I was a lot quicker in practice just before the race with Frank but that's how it goes in practice mode I guess.

Firstly, sorry @Chickano for the kiss on your rear bumper, got caught out with the dirty air under breaking. That cost us both quite a few places so it was somewhat pleasing to see you got a podium after that. I got 4 damage from it and it cost me about 0.5 a lap based on the times I was doing after repairing. I had a good view of the racing Chickano and another Ferrari in the early laps. It allowed Frank to pull away but it was good to watch.

After that it was just putting in some lap times, finally managed to break into the 1:33's near the end. I thought I was going to have a lonely finish but @C-FOGARTY started to come into view. Just as I was getting within 5 seconds a bloody spider started swinging in front of my eyes, thinking I got rid of it the pesky thing returned a few laps later costing me about 3-4 seconds in distractions! With about 10 laps to go @Billiejoe97g decided to join in for some midfield racing and he and Fogarty were swapping positions and I was hoping I'd catch again. I got within a few seconds and got caught out in dirty air again going onto the grass and ending any challenge.

Oh, I nearly forgot the start! @Dannyboy aka as the flying torpedo :eek: I had to turn left on turn 1 entry :D That was close.

Good qualifying from all as well, 1 second splitting the top 10.

I will post a link to my stream when YouTube shares it with me!
Yeah sorry about that, slipstream just caught me out completely and missed braking point by miles. Thankfully missed everyone and had to give the places back so hopefully no harm done :)

Barker95

AOR PS4 GT3 Semi-Pro S7 Champion
May 26, 2015
Somebody hit me at the hairpin on
lap 1 I believe but it didn’t let me save my replay so I can’t have a look. Did anybody see it by any chance?
It was a scary first corner with that Bentley coming into view from no where I had to laugh when I saw it.

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
lap 1 I believe but it didn’t let me save my replay so I can’t have a look. Did anybody see it by any chance?
It was a scary first corner with that Bentley coming into view from no where I had to laugh when I saw it.
I think I saw the aftermath and just avoided hitting you myself, not sure who hit you but I can watch the replay tomorrow. I was the Bentley :)

Will Friedmann

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 1, 2019
Check my stream at 22mn50. I think you talk about this.
I usually wait for the victim when I judge that I'm in fault.
In this case, I fairly thought that I managed to avoid you cause I heard no bump or anything. I thought you spin by yourself when I checked my mirror. That's why I didn't wait.

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Qually P2
Race P6

Qually went ok , but happy to be on the front row.

Race - Got off to a slow start , and dropped to P3 . @JR-Lock-N-Load had a little moment at the stadium hairpin. Upto P2. I was gradually catching @Essa.Racing , and was on his tail for the opening 15 laps. Taking my time and applying the pressure. It worked P1 . Happy days. I dedcided to pit Lap 19 i think, but it all went wrong after my pit, and before . I hit the pit entrance, costing me a heap of time. The following lap , I dropped the AMG at Turn 1, costing me 12%Aero damage. I decided not to pit for repairs, and continued to push on . It was hopeless, as the damage was costing me 1.5 secs on the leaders. Race over. Really enjoyed the opening 19 laps battling with @Essa.Racing Congrats on the win . But another missed opportunity for a podium at least from me. Im starting to finally get to grips with the AMG , and feel a place on the box, ain't to far away with the pace I showed from this round . Well done to the podium guys @PRG_FrankForest @Chickano , along time coming , I can relate to that m8. I Cant remember last time I was on the box. Unlucky also @Slicker , that just stinks - sorry .
See you at SUGO guys. A tyre shredder , which will give us all a major test for this race.
Cheers
Foggy #7°

Last edited:

Essa.Racing

Pro Karter
Apr 11, 2019
@C-FOGARTY i wondered what had happened to you. It was great fun the first 19 odd laps battling with you. With me finally glancing at the mirror at the totally wrong time going into the first left and out breaking myself. Like you this was the first race for me I felt totally happy with the Audi. But think you would have had the pace for the win

• Winner
Reactions: Chickano

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2018
Q5 Had a bit more to find but 5th was ok.
R3

I had a decent start, clean and for the opening lap tried to get past @PRG_FrankForest but he held me off and this brough @Billiejoe97g into play . Self and Billie then had a great fight for 4th for about 4 / 5 laps and we had very similar pace. I wanted to tell him to stop battling and to stay with frank ,who then pulled away and brought @planettoon closer, who then gave me a slight tag into a hairpin, just as @JR-Lock-N-Load was recovering from a spin and I kept it straight. Lost a few places and was in the middle of a pack of 4 . Avoided 2 spinning Ferrari's, Had a fight with @danjbirch for a few laps but passed him on the exit of 1 . Thought about an early stop for clean air, but then @Will Friedmann dropped it and i was able to ease my way out of the tow and leave the pack behind, very eventful opening 10 laps !

From here it was all about creating the gap and trying to catch @Billiejoe97g again, he eventually dropped it, @C-FOGARTY pitted and after a while i found myself leading the race for a few laps :eek:

AFter i pitted i came out right behind frank forest. I tried to pressure him for 3 or 4 laps, but made an error that cost me 2 seconds and after that he eased away and I settled for 3rd :) Delighted with my first podium for the Scuderia !

Congrats to @Essa.Racing and @PRG_FrankForest on 2 great drives.Very unlucky to my Teammate @Slicker on the power cut ,and also @C-FOGARTY , great pace here and should have been on the steps.

Grazie regazzi, grazie tutti - mods and hosts, Forza!, Siamo noi Ferrari !!

JR-Lock-N-Load

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Mar 27, 2019
Oh yeah I wanted to say kudos to @Will Friedmann , i know he had a bad race with spins etc and was lapped a couple times but he stuck at it and finished the race in spite of this - which deserves respect and is an example to others. Fair play man.
100% Anyone who sticks with it to the end has my Respect ..there was probley the worse turn out of the tier 2 season for china so its good to no there are others that will stick with the race it gives people like me something to chase