PS4 - AOR GT3 S13 - PS4 Tier 2 - Round 8 - Fuji - 24.07.19 @20:00 uk time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S13 - PS4 Tier 2 - Round 8 - Fuji - 24.07.19 @20:00 uk time

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
Couldn't quite hook it up in qualy as I had an hour before, and was 8th. Picked up a place halfway round lap 1, and another a few laps in as someone dropped it. Was having a decent fight with @danjbirch and he passed me after a few laps as I run wide at t1. Pitted lap 11, new boots, cr was instantly better but the consistency didn't come. Brakes lacked confidence, this cost me, even though I occasionally managed a time in the mid 46's it was 47s too often. Came out in front of @Slicker but gifted him the place, a corner later as again I ran wide. I found I had bad traction on to the main straight, was always close to him and @JR-Lock-N-Load but they disappeared out of the final turn.

Fought for a few laps with these two, had some contact with JR as he hung it out round the outside and I drifted wide with 3 to go. On last lap I gave him 6th, as it could have been seen as a push off the track but in hindsight shouldn't have done this, but hey ho it's only a point or two. Cheers lads,

Looking forward to the next one, hopefully I'll be off crutches for it and will save the grief from wifey. ;) Congrats to the podium runners, different class in that race and thanks to Cods n hosts and streamers!

biba99

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T2 GTE Champion
Mar 17, 2018
I had no expectations, but after qualy and P4, I thought maybe a podium is possible. It was not :) , went off track early in the race and spun while trying to get back on track.
Sorry @Slicker (and someone else I don't remeber) for the contact. Was not my day :(

JR-Lock-N-Load

Formula 3 1st Driver
Mar 27, 2019
i think ultimately its down to the car behind to make sure there's no contact when over taking for position ... I Struggled with Straight Line speed the 488's were just to quick to make the time up around the bends .. i feel i was faster than my pace showed and i am gutted i dropped 5th ... but it tells you something when you have had a Crappy Position but did enjoy the Racing on track ... Personally i think the Position swap at the end was the right choice its something i would have done under the circumstances.. i could say with out that Tap that sent me sideways with no control over the car in to the 2nd to last corner i would have had that position covered but then the 488 speed down the straight was impressive so who no's .. if you watch my stream i had some great fights with @Slicker who deafened Brilliantly .. me Slick and @Chickano was fighting pritty much the hole race i felt i had the speed especially in the corners you were struggling in would have been good to fight it out with no contact but it happens when racing .. Take a look at the time stamp for the tap i was a passenger at that point .... non the less the stream was great the action was there and had a good laugh Racing last night even tho the result was poor ... Thanks @Slicker For the host glad you got back in the Lobby + Rob for the Broadcast 100% Need a Commentator :) .. Thanks Lads see you on the next one

@Chickano Contact (Time-Stamp 1.00:40) BTW i am not moaning about this dude just trying to show you my Pov and why the Swap Postion made seance
@Slicker Defending + Me trying to probe and work out were i could pass Great fun (Time-Stamp 51:56)

Last edited:

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Jan 30, 2018
Yeah I know you ain't moaning dude. What I was saying though is that I wasn't obliged to give you the position but i did, as I was being nice ;). It was only a small touch, and in reality a racing incident. In truth if you are going to brave it round the outside in the wet, you take a risk, which is what you did. If it doesn't come off that's on you really. (tbf you left alot of room on the table on the right that you could have used) .I'm only saying this in case of future repeat which most likely won't happen. But anyway, it's not an issue man, contact like that happens from time to time and it was unintentional and extremely minimal, a gesture of good will, Good luck next week.(y)

Last edited:

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
i think ultimately its down to the car behind to make sure there's no contact when over taking for position ... I Struggled with Straight Line speed the 488's were just to quick to make the time up around the bends .. i feel i was faster than my pace showed and i am gutted i dropped 5th ... but it tells you something when you have had a Crappy Position but did enjoy the Racing on track ... Personally i think the Position swap at the end was the right choice its something i would have done under the circumstances.. i could say with out that Tap that sent me sideways with no control over the car in to the 2nd to last corner i would have had that position covered but then the 488 speed down the straight was impressive so who no's .. if you watch my stream i had some great fights with @Slicker who deafened Brilliantly .. me Slick and @Chickano was fighting pritty much the hole race i felt i had the speed especially in the corners you were struggling in would have been good to fight it out with no contact but it happens when racing .. Take a look at the time stamp for the tap i was a passenger at that point .... non the less the stream was great the action was there and had a good laugh Racing last night even tho the result was poor ... Thanks @Slicker For the host glad you got back in the Lobby + Rob for the Broadcast 100% Need a Commentator :) .. Thanks Lads see you on the next one

@Chickano Contact (Time-Stamp 1.00:40) BTW i am not moaning about this dude just trying to show you my Pov and why the Swap Postion made seance
@Slicker Defending + Me trying to probe and work out were i could pass Great fun (Time-Stamp 51:56)

yeah - we're making a bit of a habit of these three-way battles - and big thanks to @PRG_FrankForest for quitting his lap to get me back in the lobby :)

• Friendly
Reactions: PRG_FrankForest