AOR IMSA Lights Endurance - Feedback thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR IMSA Lights Endurance - Feedback thread

What classes, day and time would you prefer the league to run?

• LMP3 + GT4

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • LMP2 + GTE or GT3

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • LMP900 + GTO or Group ?

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • SR3 + TC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Sunday

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 19:00 UK

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 19:30 UK

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • 20:00 UK

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Logan

F1 2nd Driver
Aug 13, 2018
With Season 1 completed, I'd like to invite you guys (The drivers) to provide any feedback you have about the season!
Please let me know what you liked (And would keep for S2), and what you didn't like (so that we can look to fix it / remove it)
All I would ask, is to keep the comments constructive, in that if there is something you didn't like, it would be great to hear what you would rather have / would do to improve it!

Obviously, the big one is probably 'Driver drop outs' - There is not a lot I can really do to combat that I'm afraid.
Endurance racing will always be a 'niche' market, compared to the more mainstream 10 lap public races / 60 min league races.

Initial thought is to keep almost everything the same as S1, possibly extending the race lengths to something more in the range of 1.5 and 2 hrs. There is also the possibility that I may be taking a new job that may force me to move the running day of the league to the weekend. S2 will also be run with entirely Oceania or Eastern European tracks.

Please, let me know what you WOULD/WOULD NOT like to have for Season 2!

Suggested aspects to consider:
Car classes used
Race length
Weather / time progression conditions
Other lobby settings
Day and Time of race

There is a Poll for voting on which classes to run and which day and time you would prefer to run this league on, so please vote!

BrakeCheck101

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans GTE tier 2 Winner
Apr 19, 2017
I really enjoyed this first endurance league that I’d ever taken part in. Thought it was well organised and yeah, nothing much more to say other than I looked forward to Thursday nights.

I think LMP2 and GTE/GT3 would be fun for the future.

Would definitely prefer longer races. The one hour ones felt too short. I think 90 minutes minimum and then 2 hours or 2 1/2 hours maximum would be better, but I understand that would probably lead to more people dropping out or not signing up in the first place. I think what I’m trying to say is that 60 minute races didn’t really feel like endurance ones.

Weather doesn’t bother me. Maybe another race with rain would be better than just one though? Definitely keep it to light rain though. Heavy rain on PC2 normally leads to conditions that would be red flagged IRL.

Would definitely prefer a couple of full 24 hour day/night transition races, or even just day to night races like we have at Sebring in real IMSA.

If the league moved to a Saturday though, I wouldn’t be able to attend. Thursday nights are perfect for me. Sunday night would be an ok replacement if it had to move though.

That’s it from me. Overall - loved taking part in this and thanks to all those who came up with the idea and organised it. It was superb :)

Reactions: aaren and Logan

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 6, 2017
Thanks for organizing first, to everyone!!!!
It was nice idea to put lmp3/gt4, I liked it. Looking forward to season two!!!

Suggested aspects to consider: Nothing special, maybe one race more (7 total) and don't count one worst position for each driver. It will leave room for everyone to miss a race, for reason of course, being disconnect or had a bad luck...… which could effect overall championship!
Car classes used: It is ok for lmp3/gt4. If we use a lmp3/gte it will interfere with 'older' endurance league we already did, so think about that. I mean, this endurance league should stay a little bit different than 'older' endurance league. Would be nice to have a kind of classic or historical league-group c + gto for example, but maybe it could be a new CLASSIC Endurance League for example.
Race length: It could be more than 60 min, 90 mainly and 120 min as maximum.
Weather / time progression conditions: Real/accelerated combination! Maybe more time accel than in S1.
Other lobby settings: Nothing I can recall now.
Day and Time of race: Weekend could be problematic to me, so Thursday and even other work days will be fine. Prefer a little earlier start, 19-19.30UK, but 20.00 UK will be fine too.

That's all for now, see you at last race and in S2!!!!!

Reactions: Logan

Minesco2

Formula Karter
Nov 6, 2018
I like that this series uses the lower classes available, it really feels like a "lights" series and better for drivers new to endurance racing as the cars are slower.
The tracks I believe should be selected to balance the class (mostly for gt4), thought. The idea of it being an American series is nice but I feel for those who decided to use the x-bow. Obviously you don't want too much calendar with the main endurance league but surely cooperation between the coordinators can solve this issue as I feel like that this series could work at tracks that the main series wouldn't.
The day and time are fine as they are (works for the main league, and this one why change it?), but if it had to change then it would have to be what the majority wants.

Final note, thanks the coordinators and race hosts for putting on this incredibly fun and competitive season, I'm looking forward to the finally this week and the next season (main season), soon.

John Pecchia

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 25, 2018
Thank you for all your work. It was a challenging and enjoyable season. The class of cars was a good choice, maybe lmp2/gt3 for next season.
thursdays are perfect day. If weekend, need earlier start time.
more weather and time of day progression during race
race length 75 minutes to 120 min
Your patience was amazing. Again thanks for putting this together.

aidtheace

2-time AOR XB1 GT3 Tier 1 Champion
Nov 9, 2016
A very very enjoyable series.
A good balance between the LMP3 cars made for some close racing! GT4 however could maybe do with a few tracks to try and suit the (Not fast down the straight) cars. But on the whole the balance was good.
I think the 60 mins - 90 mins races were perfect as that way its still and endurance but not quite as big as the main endurance league. If you are to run a Season 2 of this series Id keep the class's the same as the main championship will use LMP1 and GTE anyway for people who want that, and no point in running GT3 as we already have leagues for that on Wednesdays.
Weather settings were great, however the 90 minute races could maybe be a 12 hour transition or 24 hour transition from day to night or full day night cycle in that 90 minutes.
Maybe a drop round that you would lose your worst score from would be good as well to keep the championships close to the end.
As for the day of the races Id love them to stay on a Thursday.
But if it had to move to the weekend it would have to be a Late Sunday one for me like 8pm UK. But I think most people hear would agree that Thursdays suit everyone.
On the whole a very good championship so thank you very much to the host and organisers and everyone that raced it!!

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Firstly: @Logan AWESOME league! Really enjoyed the the whole thing to be honest!
Couple of 'not so good races' for me, but we all have those!

@D.Brezancic We are running the 'Drop worst point round' in this this league :)

Car classes used: I think the GT4 + LMP3 were a very good combo! And very nice for the non hardcore races to pick up and drive!
Part of me would love to try some of the older machines, but it is a little complicated with balance / etc - I'd equally be happy to re-run the LMP3 + GT4's again!
Race length: Same as above - I know some would like the slightly longer races, and I wouldn't object, but we don't want to be putting some ppl off joining that might not want the longer stints.
Weather / time progression conditions: As some have mentioned, maybe a couple of races with changing weather, or day / night cycle / 24hr cycle
Other lobby settings: No changes!
Day and Time of race: Thursdays work well with switch between this and the other Endurance league, but for me, Sunday would be the best of the other options.

Some awesome fun racing out there guys! Thanks all!
Fantastic commentary coverage from @Yorkie065 (Top man!)