PC - AOR IMSA Lights Endurance S1 - Evaluation Race - 15.01.19 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR IMSA Lights Endurance S1 - Evaluation Race - 15.01.19

RT93 Clown 93

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 9, 2018
Je suis désolé, j'ai dû abandonner la course parce que la voiture a décroché dans tous les coins, je ne peux pas l'expliquer.

Logan

F1 2nd Driver
Aug 13, 2018
@RT93 Clown 93 You still need to complete an evaluation race. I hate having to make it this way however with only enough drivers for a single tier it's just a rule that has to be made. You can still complete the evaluation race on Thursday however without completing at least one evaluation race you are very likely to be placed as a reserve.

Logan

F1 2nd Driver
Aug 13, 2018
For those that did not complete this evaluation session, make sure you complete the evaluation session on Thursday. Remember that those which have completed both the time trial and at least one evaluation race, start to finish, will be the first to be placed. Those that did not complete both will most likely be placed as a reserve driver.

A few notes from this evaluation session

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND AOR MANUAL START. Silverstone starts with odds on the RIGHT and evens on the LEFT.

Remember this race is not to evaluate your speed, but rather your consistency and safety on track. Position does not really matter for this race.

Be sure to have a pit stop setup to change from wets to slicks. The track does dry out.

If you have not practiced at this time of day take some time to do so. The combination of the sun and rain is brutal for a period.

Lights are to be ON for the duration of the race.

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
ok but i am disappointed .. to be a reservist
It's very likely that you will get a spot for every race as there's always people no-showing a race. Especially in an endurance league like this. You might even end up getting a full-time spot as people will probably start to drop from the league after the first couple races. So don't worry, you will get to race :)

Nila

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 21, 2018
Hi all. If you want to watch my perspective live or after the race, here's my stream:

Good fights we had there!
Yeah, i got like 12 aero dmg after i ran in to your behind, so that's why i could not compete whit you after that. No worries though. It was just an incident :)
Also didnt fill up whit any fuel so thats why i was out on the track faster then you. Also did put on Hards and they where blue for like 6-7 laps so i was not as fast as you guys whit softs.

Twyst3r

Formula Karter
Mar 26, 2018
sorry, I was ejected from the server after qualifying last night.
I can not race on Thursday.

BrakeCheck101

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans GTE tier 2 Winner
Apr 19, 2017
Good fights we had there!
Yeah, i got like 12 aero dmg after i ran in to your behind, so that's why i could not compete whit you after that. No worries though. It was just an incident :)
Also didnt fill up whit any fuel so thats why i was out on the track faster then you. Also did put on Hards and they where blue for like 6-7 laps so i was not as fast as you guys whit softs.
Yeah, was great fun at the start of the race! My Aston's pace down the straights was great, but your corner speeds were better.

I still feel guilty about the incident. I was stupid. Was so desperate with understeer, I shifted down to first gear to try and swing the car around the corner better and then of course the back end stepped out and I spun right in front of you. Apologies again dude.

Ah, make sense now about the pit stop. I think your pace was still slightly better than mine once your hard tyres had got up to temperature.

Reactions: Nila

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Good racing last night guys!
Think I only had 1 contact from a late braking LMP into Turn 3. A little suprised to get away with no aero dmg from that, but 'some you win, some you don't!'
But on the whole, the lapping was very good!
It's a good track for lapping on, but still, I think everyone did a really good job!

If I had to single anyone out, I'd maybe mention @Martinez Maxime ? Sounds like there was a couple of cases of slightly over aggressive passing (resulting in contact with the KTM on one occasion, having watched Brakecheck's view of the race! (Another good drive there mate!)

Had a great battle with @ScottV during the early stage, although I suspect he was just toying with me!
Had a nasty screenfreeze, and ScottV was very gentlemanly and let me catch back up again to carry on the position swapping.
Then my brakes decided to stick on again, and we kept around the same pace.
I pitted a little earlier than anyone else, but managed to get the undercut, but sounds like Scott's crew decided it was still too wet, and put wets on again, so he had to pit again.
(luckily for me! as he was clearly faster, and managed to catch back up to P2 again before the end! Gj fella!

Thanks all!
Feel free to join in on Thursday's run as well!
Bumps up the numbers on track, and more practice as well! (ideal to test another car choice too!)

Looking forward to the start of the season with you guys!

InFeRno

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 1, 2019
I'm sorry I could not be here last night. I am currently sick.
I do not know if I will be able to be present for Thursday's race

Col.McCoy

F1 Multiple Champion
May 26, 2016
Had a lot of fun in the BMW, but I'm afraid it's not gonna be a car that contest the Aston... just purely when putting the power down the Aston edges away so slightly and I have the feeling the front downforce is non-existent... but therefor its drifting skills make up for it. The BMW is really fast when you are able to drive it on the edge, which unfortunately has never been my driving style.
I'll try the Ford tomorrow I think... it at least has the power to drive away from the Aston... ;-)

As for lapping incidents.. had one with @Ruddybird into turn 3, but you appologised immediately, so I hope you'll take it easier in such occasion.
Another incident with @Martinez Maxime of which I didn't hear any appology... small video clip of my point of view is here

All other overtakes were done in a very professional matter, so good job!

Martinez Maxime

Junior Karter
Jan 3, 2019
I’m sorry about who i’ve Touched. It wasn’t my attention but I’m truly sorry.
It was my mistakes and I apologise for that. I’m still learning how to manage multi class but for the championship I will be ready I hope so. Especially for this kind of track where it’s not easy to pass. So @Col.McCoy sorry man. I didn’t notice who I touched. And didn’t apologised soon because I was at school. So sorry.

Ps: sorry for my English

Pirate

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 7, 2017
@AndrexUK That was me into T3, im sorry.
It was my first time driving the faster class in multiclass racing, so I found the lapping quite hard on some occasions. Im sure the more I race these cars, I will get a good feeling for the speed of the slower class and when to go for it.

• Friendly
Reactions: AndrexUK

Col.McCoy

F1 Multiple Champion
May 26, 2016
Thanks @Martinez Maxime we are here to learn and seeing/understanding where/why it goes wrong is the important step.
You overtook me in a lot of good places as well, so no grudges ;-). Just wanted to show you the vid and understand how the situation developed

Reactions: Martinez Maxime

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Indeed!
That is what these races are for!
It's the first time a lot of people are dealing with lapping / high closing speeds!
It's expected that some will get it wrong! But this is the time to do it and learn from it :)
I suspect the first race(s) in the season will be a little scary at times! and they get better with each race!

I would always strongly advise to try any practice with the AI on to get the different classes on the track with you!
It might not be perfectly like human drivers, but it WILL give you a good idea of closing speeds and when / where should be safe to pass.

Not real issues at all from my side! (apart from only gaining 4 rating for 90 mins of work :p )

Reactions: Martinez Maxime