AOR IMSA Lights Endurance S1 - ROUND 1 - Circuit of the Americas | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR IMSA Lights Endurance S1 - ROUND 1 - Circuit of the Americas

Logan

F1 2nd Driver
Aug 13, 2018
Welcome to the Lone Star State, where everything is bigger and badder than everywhere else. Down here in Austin the Circuit of the Americas is host to a number of races such as the US Grand Prix round of the Formula One Championship, a round of the IndyCar Championship and the first round of the AOR IMSA Lights Endurance Championship. This 60 minute round will test driver skill with its uphill braking, dangerous esses and the triple apex right-hander.

Event Information:
Date: 24.01.19
Lobby opens: 20:00(PM) (UK time)
Event starts: 20:15(PM) (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race: 1 hours

Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Calendar.

In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 10/03/18 - 12:00(PM) - Light Cloud
- Race start time: 10/03/18 - 13:00(PM)
- Time Progression: x1
- Weather progression: Sync to Race

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Formation Point.jpg

Acceleration Zone:

Acceleration Zone.jpg

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Driver list for Race:
LMP3 (14):

@Flaming Parrot
@Minesco2
@D.Brezancic
@Beau
@J Peaches
@IntergalacticGentleman
@mpc-v1
@Smolda
@Scott Burnett
@Ruddybird
@Logan
@Martinez Maxime
@Andrew Harper
@GTS - Jeremy

GT4 (12):
@TicklishPicklewickle
@BrakeCheck101
@GTS - FusionFR
@AndrexUK
@Col.McCoy
@GTS - Pushdum
@Nila
@Milogamer1986
@David Simon
@Traxxou
@GTS - Nahli
@GTS - Carlito

Reserves for this series will be handled so that reserves will replace the drivers in their class only, i.e if the main GT4 class has a spot, a GT4 driver will be taken before an LMP3 driver. The remaining slots after each class is filled to its main capacity will be taken in order of the sign-up list. We are also hoping to create a sort-of second tier where any reserves not accepted into the main will still be able to race each round.

Reserves:
1. @GTS - Slawek_9
2. @XzweN
3. @Twyst3r
4. @RT93 Clown 93
5. @ScottV
6. @monjessenstein
7. @Pirate
8. @TM aidtheace
9. @GTS-Oliv
10. @F4H MaR4uDer
11. @Justin || Taz
12. @dakuza
13. @BMW /// M-Power
14. @Reymps
15. @GTS - Kimaille
16. @ESc Inferno
17. @Rascal
18. @EIPayton1331
19. @I_Barclaycard
20. @MonkeyMadness
21. @Doogle_Gamer84

LMP3:
Reserve List
1. @Twyst3r
2. @RT93 Clown 93
3. @monjessenstein
4. @Pirate (Reserve by choice)
5. @TM aidtheace
6. @GTS-Oliv
7. @Justin || Taz
8. @Reymps
9. @GTS - Kimaille
10. @ESc Inferno
11. @Rascal
12. @EIPayton1331
13. @I_Barclaycard

GT4:
1. @GTS - Slawek_9
2. @XzweN
3. @ScottV
4. @F4H MaR4uDer
5. @dakuza (reserve by choice)
6. @BMW /// M-Power
7. @Doogle_Gamer84
8. @MonkeyMadness (No class selected, so putting is GT4) ???

Reserves are expected to inform via the Main Thread if they will be a no-show for each race. Most tracks allow for 32 drivers so at least 6 reserves will be taken each week. The reserves will be rotated based on attendance and participation for each race. Note that just because you are listed as a reserve, you are not necessarily going to miss every race during the season, we hope to give every driver the opportunity to race. However it is up to you as a reserve to make sure that you get that opportunity, by showing for each race in discord and informing the coordinators when you will not be able to make a race. No-show, no inform will affect your placement in the reserves list.

Confirmed No Shows:
@GTS - FusionFR (GT4)
@Logan (LMP3)
@Twyst3r (Reserve)

Race:

Results:
Qually:

Last edited by a moderator:

aidtheace

2-time AOR XB1 GT3 Tier 1 Champion
Nov 9, 2016
Why is there only 1 tier based on who signed up first?
There is enough people to have 2 tiers based on speed.
27 LMP3 and 18 GT4 is more than enough for 2 tiers.
I took part in the evaluation race with the assumption I would be racing this season.
Im now on the reserve list based on when I signed up.....
I dont understand, when there is this many sign ups that 22 people have to sit out.
Yes, 6 get to race based on the grid size of the track but that wont always apply.
And what happens if a reserve does well in the 1st race, ans is in the hunt for a championship win for the season and then you give there spot to a different reserve?
I dont think its very fair as some wont get to race ever.....
I was the 25th sign up to LMP3.
Il never get a spot based on order of sign up, and wanted to do the whole season, thats why I signed up. Otherwise there is no point.

Last edited:

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
We decided not to run 2 Tier's, as we want to have full grids each race.
As we have seen in the other Endurance League, the number of dropouts is very high.
Either ppl don't turn up from the start, or do 1 race and not come back, or leave half way through the season.

The other endurance league had over 10 reserves, yet we had empty grid slots in the last couple of races in the season.

If we split up the 27 LMP3 and 18 GT4,
That gives 14 LMP3's + 9 GT4's in each Tier
23 cars in each race (IF everyone turns up, which won't happen!)
Racing against 13 / 8 other drivers in your class (ignoring No show's / dropouts) is not as fun as driving against 17 / 14 in your class.

The lineup was selected from order of signup, and who did the TT / Eval race

Reserves will be rotated, and from experience, there will be many that don't turn up each race / leave the league. So I'm very confident each driver will be able to race.

It was close to being enough for 2 Tier's, but we don't want half empty grids. So we decided against it.

If there is enough ppl after filling up the lobby, to run a 2nd lobby, then feel free to run a social race, but I would be suprised if there is enough to make that worth-while :(

aidtheace

Nov 9, 2016
I understand you don't want to have empty grid slots on race day, but now with me being a reserve I feel like if im going to be missing even 1 race there is no point.
The Championship will be decided from those who race every race, and who have a full time slot and that's it. And that will be purely based on order of sign up.
I didn't see this championship until late hence the late sign up, but now that has hampered me in being able to take part in every round.
Even though I put the time and effort in to get a good TT time and then a 1 and half hour race which I won, I then dont get to take part fully in the series.
I was debating actually dropping out of GT3s to do this instead but now I may as well do GT3 anyway.

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
It purely depends if you are driving to win the championship, or driving for the fun / challenge.
If winning is everything, and the likelihood of not being able to win the championship means to you that there is 'no point' in joining, then that's a call only you can me :(

The TT was only for deciding which tier each driver would go into if there was enough for multiple Tiers (as is the same for all leagues).
The Evaluation Races are for detecting any potential dangerous racers, with a view to fixing any driver issues, or removing them from the season before they cause damage.

These have no effect on league placement (other than Tier).

I'm afraid we have to go by 'First come = first Serve'

aidtheace

Nov 9, 2016
Winning is not everything but taking part in a full season is. I don't want to commit to 2 rounds only and not be able to race again, I wont get anything from the season that way. There is no point me practising aimlessly each week if I cant race.

So what chance do I have of racing? What reserve am I in LMP3?
Because if you allow 6 extra drivers at only 5 of the rounds. That's 3 per class only and the reserves are almost guaranteed to miss out on the Laguna Seca Round because it only has enough gird spots for full time drivers and only a few will miss it so if I am say 9th in the list, Il never get to race or will only be selected to do a select few races and for me Id rather be able to fully commit or not at all.
If I was allowed to do Round 1, and did well, and then couldn't do Round 2, Then for me there will have been no point in doing Round 1 at all.

I really enjoyed the evaluation race as well and was super excited to get the season going. :(

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
I believe you are #7 reserve for LMP2 (ScottV is the only reserve ahead of you that is GT4).
Pirate is reserve by choice. Not sure as to why, but that may mean he can't attend some of the races.

I would probably expect race 1 would be attended by most, so perhaps a couple of reserves would fill in any empty spaces.
So, if we say (at a guess) 3 reserves fill in the LMP3 gaps for race 1, then you would be 4th reserve for race 2.
So I would probably guess there is a good chance you will get to race for race 2.
Then for race 3, you will be put back to the bottom of the LMP3 reserve list (Which I think is 8 in total).
But by then, there may be ppl that have dropped out, so a reserve would take the place of a full time driver (again, from the order of signups), therefore, bumping you up the order of reserves.

Obviously, I can't say for sure, but at a guess, I'd say you will probably be able to race every 2nd or 3rd race, but it's purely depending how many don't turn up / drop out.

Logan

F1 2nd Driver
Aug 13, 2018
@TM aidtheace and any other reserve with the same concerns.

I do understand your frustration and believe me it frustrates us as coordinators that we could only do one tier. I would absolutely love to have a second tier of drivers, it would make it more competitive and everyone would have an opportunity to race, however based on past experience in Endurance, about 50% of the drivers will drop out by the end of the season. I would love to see this proven wrong but there is know way to guarantee it not happening. And there is no way for us to know who is going to drop out.

What you also should understand is that this league isn't necessarily about being the fastest. It is an ENTRY LEVEL league and thus we would like to get as many racing on a FULL GRID as possible. With a high tendency for dropouts it's just better to make sure that we have nearly as many reserves as expected drop outs. In this case 13 are likely to drop so we need at least 13 reserves. That then leaves only 8 for a second tier and racing multiclass with fewer than 16 is not a great experience, just ask the console guys. Part of the PC experience is large grids and a lot of drivers are excited about the large grid, it's a huge part of multiclass.

Another point I should make here is that some of your questions can be answered just by reading the OP. Please please read these before asking your question, and if your question isn't something that should be kept private please ask in the Main Thread. It makes it a lot easier on us as coordinators to not have to repeated answer the same question.

Last thing is that if you are disappointed with your placement I do apologize but given the intended purpose of this league, first come first serve was the absolute best way to place drivers (assuming they did a time trial and evaluation).

In the next season, to avoid this issue again, help us get to 60 or 70 sign-ups! Spread the word around and get others excited about this league. I want it to be bigger and as good as it can be but I do need your help to do that. Whether it be feedback or driving interest.

And please prove us wrong about drop outs. I would love to be able to confidently create a second tier knowing that the grids will remain full.

-Logan

Last edited:

BrakeCheck101

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans GTE tier 2 Winner
Apr 19, 2017
I understand the frustrations of some reserve drivers, but the coordinators are completely correct.

I came from PS4 where the maximum people in a lobby was 16. Given at least a couple of people couldn't make every race, multiclass endurance racing with just 14 (or sometimes even less!) people was an absolute snoozefest.

Reactions: Andrew Harper

ScottV

PC GT3 S9 Pro Champion
Feb 8, 2018
@Logan - It will be useful if you could put GT4 / LMP3 against the reserves (example in quote) so people know where they are in the queue. For example I am the second GT4 reserve driver although looking at the list I am the 5th driver down. I had to work out if I was most likely going to be racing or not by comparing with the signup forum.

I think this will help out a lot of the drivers in the reserve list.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Andrew Harper

Pro Karter
Aug 2, 2018
I understand the frustrations of some reserve drivers, but the coordinators are completely correct.

I came from PS4 where the maximum people in a lobby was 16. Given at least a couple of people couldn't make every race, multiclass endurance racing with just 14 (or sometimes even less!) people was an absolute snoozefest.
Yes I was part of a PC GT3 league on another forum, nearly 30 signups but we only ever got maybe a dozen people show up for each race (and the races were 120 minutes). Final round we only had five cars.

Same for an endurance league on RF2, we had 48 people sign up, by round three we have ten cars, and it was like that till the end of the season.

I know it's easy for me to say as I'm on the main entry list, but don't be disappointed, most of you will probably be there for round one.

The only leagues where I haven't seen this happen is on RaceDepartment. Simply because you have to pay a membership fee to race there and you can lose your membership if you miss league races. Has it's good points and bad points but it does (almost) guarantee full grids. The current mini league has two full servers of 30 cars so can't complain I guess for a tenner a year.

Reactions: BrakeCheck101

Logan

F1 2nd Driver
Aug 13, 2018
Driver list for Race:
LMP3 (14):

Was pointed out to me that the league info page contradicts what the race thread says about qualifying. To be clear, qualifying will only be 15 minutes with both classes on track at the same time. Also the weather for every race will be sync to race not Real time. I apologize if there was any confusion about this. Also if you have not yet registered your car or team please do so before tomorrow.

Reactions: Col.McCoy

Slawek

Pro Karter
Jan 26, 2018
Capture.PNG

it's a joke? now I am LMP3 driver ? I think you miss a little respect. The race will take place tomorrow and I discover tonight that I am in another category.
It's a total lack of seriousness on your part :cautious:

• Disagree
Reactions: BrakeCheck101

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
it's a joke? now I am LMP3 driver ? I think you miss a little respect. The race will take place tomorrow and I discover tonight that I am in another category.
It's a total lack of seriousness on your part :cautious:
Are you serious?
He made a mistake (easily done when dealing with over 50 signups!) and you jump on him like this?
And you talk about "I think you miss a little respect" ???
"a total lack of seriousness on your part" You clearly have NO idea how much personal time and effort goes into building and managing a league!
It's ok for the drivers to just do their practice, turn up and race, then not really have to think about it till next week.
Behind the scenes, there is a LOT of work co-ordinating a league! And the ppl that run it sacrifice a lot of their free time to provide these leagues.
If you feel you can do a better job, I fully invite you to propose a league, and make it happen!

How about:
Hi Logan, I think you may have put me as LMP3, when I signed up for GT4, I would much rather drive GT4 please.
Thanks.

Want to talk about respect?
RESPECT THE COD'S, and everyone else for that matter! or you can find somewhere else to race!

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
FYI, Reserve list fixed with Slawek changed to GT4.
And because I'm in a good mood (just!), you have kept your P1 position in the reserve list!

Slawek

Pro Karter
Jan 26, 2018
I no longer wish to participate in this championship. I wish you good luck for the future.

• Burn
Reactions: ScottV

Logan

F1 2nd Driver
Aug 13, 2018
I do apologize but I will not be able to make the race tomorrow, (I know my own league's first race and I am missing), I have some medical issues that i have to take care of tomorrow that can not be delayed (urgent last minute issues). I will do everything I can to try to watch the stream so good luck to all of the drivers and to @Twyst3r who will be taking my spot, assuming he shows up. I will see you all on track at Watkins Glen next week!