AOR IMSA Lights Endurance S1 - ROUND 1 - Circuit of the Americas | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR IMSA Lights Endurance S1 - ROUND 1 - Circuit of the Americas

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
I do apologize but I will not be able to make the race tomorrow, (I know my own league's first race and I am missing), I have some medical issues that i have to take care of tomorrow that can not be delayed (urgent last minute issues). I will do everything I can to try to watch the stream so good luck to all of the drivers and to @Twyst3r who will be taking my spot, assuming he shows up. I will see you all on track at Watkins Glen next week!
Doesn't matter if it's your own league mate. Your health comes waaaaay before some sort of stupid video game :p
Luckily we are still 2 cods racing tomorrow, so we got your back while you're away ;)

• Agree
Reactions: AndrexUK

Pirate

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 7, 2017
Is the driver list updated? Are there not 32 slots on this track? Am I right to assume I won't be racing even if 6 reserves can race since I am #4 on the LMP3 list?

Logan

F1 2nd Driver
Aug 13, 2018
@Pirate You should be racing today. The way it'll work is that the reserves from each class will fill their class until it is full, so with one LMP3 missing today and one GT4 missing, the first driver from each of those reserve classew will replace the main. That'll leave 6 open spots so then drivers will be selected from the reserve of 20 or so list in order to fill those slots. Looks like you are currently #7 on that list and with one reserve leaving the league and at a minimum one LMP3 and one GT4 missing that would mean that you would be the 4th driver from the main reserve order to be taken. So yes you will be racing today of you show. Hopefully that makes sense. Let me know if I need to clarify anything. Be glad to do so since the way we are doing reserves is a bit confusing.

• Happy
Reactions: Pirate

Andrew Harper

Pro Karter
Aug 2, 2018
Sorry @AndrexUK quick question.

Is a pit stop mandatory for this one?

Don't know if the Ligier will do an hour if you are careful (probably not) but just quickly asking now.

Thanks, :)

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
Sorry @AndrexUK quick question.

Is a pit stop mandatory for this one?

Don't know if the Ligier will do an hour if you are careful (probably not) but just quickly asking now.

Thanks, :)
Reading from the rules and info threads, there are no mandatory pit stops for this league. Obviously if the car doesn't have a fuel tank that goes the whole race distance then you have two choices in terms of strategy:
- try and stretch the fuel for the full race distance.
- make a pit stop to refuel.
Which is the best option for the race and the one you choose is down to you and your strategy :)

• Agree
Reactions: Col.McCoy and Logan

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
@Pirate You should be racing today. The way it'll work is that the reserves from each class will fill their class until it is full, so with one LMP3 missing today and one GT4 missing, the first driver from each of those reserve classew will replace the main. That'll leave 6 open spots so then drivers will be selected from the reserve of 20 or so list in order to fill those slots. Looks like you are currently #7 on that list and with one reserve leaving the league and at a minimum one LMP3 and one GT4 missing that would mean that you would be the 4th driver from the main reserve order to be taken. So yes you will be racing today of you show. Hopefully that makes sense. Let me know if I need to clarify anything. Be glad to do so since the way we are doing reserves is a bit confusing.
I also want to add that as a reserve driver in any of the endurance leagues it is ALWAYS worth it to show up on Discord on race night, as some drivers may no-show without saying it on the forums. Meaning you might get a spot even though you are one of the last reserves in line. Worst case that you don't get to race, you will highly likely get to race in the next race after that. Long story short: as a reserve driver, always show up for every race night as you might get a spot. A lot of reserve drivers last endurance season missed out on a lot of racing simply because they never showed up as soon as they found out they were put on the reserve list

Reactions: Andrew Harper

XzweN

Pro Karter
Nov 18, 2017
Won’t be able to participate today. Have to go into hospital for the day

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
For anyone who wanted 2 tiers/is sad about being a reserve:
The PS4 Endurance League is experiencing 2 hour+ races with 7 car grids right now. Some drivers stream their races, and their POVs show their is a distinctive lack of racing

Good luck to everyone for tonight though, I will be hopefully watching the stream.

Reactions: BrakeCheck101

aidtheace

2-time AOR XB1 GT3 Tier 1 Champion
Nov 9, 2016
Hi guys! Im trying to understand the way the reserves are being selected tonight and cant figure out if I will have a spot or not?
Just wondering what are my chances of racing this one? Because 1 LMP3 and 1 GT4 from the main list aint racing and also 2 reserves aint racing ahead of me on the list.
If someone can let me know that would be great. Thank you. Aid.

Pirate

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 7, 2017
Hi guys! Im trying to understand the way the reserves are being selected tonight and cant figure out if I will have a spot or not?
Just wondering what are my chances of racing this one? Because 1 LMP3 and 1 GT4 from the main list aint racing and also 2 reserves aint racing ahead of me on the list.
If someone can let me know that would be great. Thank you. Aid.
So this is how it works I think.
Since COTA has 32 slots, the top 3 LMP3 and the top 3 GT4 can race. Als one no-show for LMP3 and one no-show for GT4 each. So #4 of both reserves can race aswell. Twyst3r, who is #1 reserve for LMP3 is a no-show. You are #5 for LMP3, which would mean you have a spot.

Reactions: aidtheace

Logan

F1 2nd Driver
Aug 13, 2018
@TM aidtheace and @Pirate

From what I can see you both will be racing. The way reserves work is that there are 14 LMP3 slots and 12 GT4 slots and then 6 non-class specific slots. So what will happen is that we will fill the LMP3 up to 14 drivers using only the lmp3 reserve order. Then we will fill the 12 GT4 slots with only GT4 reserves. From there the remaining 6 slots will be filled based on the general reserve order, so that could mean 5 LMP3s make it in and 1 GT4 or it could mean only 2 LMP3 make it in and 4 GT4s. Basically we want a minimum of 14 LMP3s and 12 GT4s, then after that class does not matter just reserve order. I hope that makes more sense.

So in the case of the race today, the first available LMP3 reserve will fill the open LMp3 slot and 1 GT4 reserve will fill the empty GT4 slot. Then the remaining slots will be filled based on the general reserve order. Looks like @TM aidtheace you'll be #5 on that list and @Pirate is just ahead of you.

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
My message to all reserves are still the same. Show up, and you might get a spot. If you don't show up you will certainly not be getting a spot so might as well. Maybe we have 2-3 additional no-shows tonight that we don't yet know of. So just show up every night, and depending on how many show up, you might get to race

Pirate

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 7, 2017
Well, well...
Got taken out by the lagging @Andrew Harper at the end of the formation lap. Then I took out @Scott Burnett, which I am really sorry for. Feel free to make a Stewards Enquiry. After my pitstop for repairs I got right into the GT4s, someone locked up very badly at the end of the long straight and I got some nice airtime. Repairs would've taken forever so I decided to retire.

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 6, 2017
horrible race for me....despite my old problem my car feels like on ice in online races, I had a plenty of small and big freezes so it was very very hard to control the car. So I apologize for that to @Nila and @ScottV I think and eventually others if this issue of mine made any troubles.
@Andrew Harper mate you were lagging a lot....

• Friendly
Reactions: Nila and ScottV

ScottV

PC GT3 S9 Pro Champion
Feb 8, 2018
Wow what an eventful race - after qualifying I was thinking I would win although after some events it wasn’t going to be a clear victory. I pulled away from the start and around 20-25 minutes in @D.Brezancic went for the inside to overtake and went in too fast which spun the car right in front of me. No hard feelings mate just next time make sure you don’t spin ha! After this I had I think 11 suspension damage and around 7 on the front. My pace had dropped rapidly so needed to pit and repair. That put me out in 5th and my main goal was to just smash out lap times to catch @AndrexUK, 20 so seconds in front. Managed to get behind him towards the end with 10 minutes to spare!

On my screen @Andrew Harper was lagging a lot and hit me twice while lapping me, to no fault of his own. Luckly no damage occurred.

Great race by all, I found no problems with any of the LMP3 drivers. Good job guys and congrats to @aidtheace.
Hopefully I can race next round - even being a reserve.

Andrew Harper

Pro Karter
Aug 2, 2018
Hi,

Well that was a tough race, went the wrong way on setup and the car was just evil through the first part of the lap.

I see the comments about lagging, not sure why this is happening as I do lots of online leagues with no issues, maybe it's a game thing. too much data to process.

Although I've done PC2 races before with no problems, admittedly the field wasn't as large.

I can't afford the faster broadband on Guernsey at £50 per month (which is still a third of the speed of fibre so I envy you guys!)

I'm connected straight to the router so there's not much else I can do. So I may as well drop out of the league.

Uploading the replay file now will update my post once it's done.

Thanks for letting me race with you :)