AOR IMSA Lights Endurance S1 - ROUND 1 - Circuit of the Americas | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR IMSA Lights Endurance S1 - ROUND 1 - Circuit of the Americas

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Think @TicklishPicklewickle had to make a long pit stop after me
Indeed, I was pushed wide by @mpc-v1 in the quite tight flat-out left hander before the hairpin leading onto the back straight. There just wasn't quite enough space for both our cars and I drifted wide onto the outer killer kerb, spun and hit the wall with 120 kph. Got 17 front dmg and 21 engine dmg. Tried to drive with it but I lost 20 kph in the staights and a heavy loss of downforce through the esses. People overtook me left right and center, so decided to pit. Was in the pits for 45 secs which put me well down the order and was last for the rest of the race.
I watched the replay and I honestly can't really blame @mpc-v1 for it since it was mostly the killer kerb that killed me. He did push me a bit wide but he couldn't know that that kerb would kill me. Just be more careful in the future guys. These GT4s does not have a lot of DF so we can't take the outside line through these mid to high speed corners, but you have the DF to overtake around the outside if there's space of course. Just in the future, if in doubt it is better to wait until the exit of a corner where you have way superior acceleration for example :p

• Agree
Reactions: Nila and AndrexUK

GTS - Carlito

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 5, 2019
First of all, Sorry Carlito(?). I touched your left rear ever so slightly and that sent both of us abit sideways in to a corner taking out some one in a LMP3 car. He caught some air and and landed on hes side :(

Cant remember who i was but if that person reeds this im sure he´ll know who im talking about. <--- was this you @Pirate
Soo so sorry for that. ive been racing for quite a while and, im not known for making such stupid mistakes.

After that incident i was feeling so much guilt that i had a hard time concentrate and pulling up any type of consistency.
After a spin i also decided to hit the pits witch put me in the last spot. Think @TicklishPicklewickle had to make a long pit stop after me, so that meant me ending up second to last.

I hope i can have a better race next week.

Also.
The stream on youtube that @Yorkie065 commented on shows as 1.39h long. but when i click it, it looks like only the last 52mins is watchable? Am i doing it wrong or why is that?
Hello Nila, I admit that I was not very happy about this event but I also know that we can all make mistakes. I am not mad at you. You were not the only one pushing me, lmp3 or gt4, I had contacts and this from the first corner ... On an endurance of one hour I find it early. I also hope that the next race will be better for everyone.

• Friendly
Reactions: Nila

BrakeCheck101

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans GTE tier 2 Winner
Apr 19, 2017
Yup, make sure to give it a watch! Would love to hear feedback from you guys for improvements next time :)
You did a great job. Considering you had two classes of cars to commentate on, plus being the director, I thought it was really good. The video had finished processing by about 11.30pm, so I watched it in its entirety before going to bed.

Looked really good mate!
Was nice that there was some racing going on almost all the time somewhere in the field!

Enjoyed @BrakeCheck101 video too! gj!
Thanks Andrex. Would be great to see your recording too if you do decide to upload.

I'll have my usual race highlights video up at 5pm tomorrow.

aidtheace

2-time AOR XB1 GT3 Tier 1 Champion
Nov 9, 2016
Well what a race!
Properly enjoyed that one! Took the pole with a nice clean lap after finding a gap on track.
The race was very hard, with avoiding the traffic of the GT4 cars without getting held up too much, whilst trying to not be dangerous whilst passing. Sorry to anyone I put the frighteners on. Fuel was an issue as I had no idea if it would get to the end. So kept an eye on it and did some fuel saving whilst trying to keep @Beau and @GTS - Jeremy at arms length. Luckily I had over estimated by 1 lap so got to finish with 3.7L remaining!
Very enjoyable race, and I just hope that even with me being a reserve that I can race the remaining 5 rounds also.
Well done all!

Reactions: Beau

mpc-v1

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
Oct 20, 2015
Indeed, I was pushed wide by @mpc-v1 in the quite tight flat-out left hander before the hairpin leading onto the back straight. There just wasn't quite enough space for both our cars and I drifted wide onto the outer killer kerb, spun and hit the wall with 120 kph. Got 17 front dmg and 21 engine dmg. Tried to drive with it but I lost 20 kph in the staights and a heavy loss of downforce through the esses. People overtook me left right and center, so decided to pit. Was in the pits for 45 secs which put me well down the order and was last for the rest of the race.
I watched the replay and I honestly can't really blame @mpc-v1 for it since it was mostly the killer kerb that killed me. He did push me a bit wide but he couldn't know that that kerb would kill me. Just be more careful in the future guys. These GT4s does not have a lot of DF so we can't take the outside line through these mid to high speed corners, but you have the DF to overtake around the outside if there's space of course. Just in the future, if in doubt it is better to wait until the exit of a corner where you have way superior acceleration for example :p
Can only apologize if I did this to you. I certainly didn't mean it and tbh didn't realise this had even happened. Like I said my screen was jumping all over the place. Will take more care next time out.

BrakeCheck101

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans GTE tier 2 Winner
Apr 19, 2017
Was a really enjoyable race on Thursday. Here's some highlights from my point of view:

Looking forward to Watkins Glen, albeit I don't have much experience around it!

00:00 – Intro
00:29 – My quali hot lap
00:59 – GT4 qualifying results
01:29 – LMP3 quali results
01:59 – Race start. I overtake @GTS - Carlito for p5, but I can't get past @GTS - Pushdum
02:31 – Lap 2 – Defending p5 from @F4H MaR4uDer
03:09 – Lap 3 – @Col.McCoy and @AndrexUK spin, as me, @F4H MaR4uDer and @GTS - Carlito fight for places
03:54 – Lap 3 – @Pirate involved in a massive crash with @GTS - Carlito and @Nila (I think?), while @AndrexUK takes p3 and p2 from @F4H MaR4uDer and @GTS - Pushdum. I overtake @GTS - Pushdum for p4
05:37 – Lap 9 – @F4H MaR4uDer makes contact with @mpc-v1, but I can't take advantage
06:21 – Lap 10 – @ScottV pits due to damage and I move up to 3rd
06:34 – Lap 12 – @Col.McCoy overtakes me for p3
07:37 – Lap 15 – @ScottV overtakes me for p4
08:25 – Lap 18 – @F4H MaR4uDer and @Col.McCoy spin and I move up to p3
08:56 – Lap 25 – @GTS - Jeremy makes contact with me as he laps towards the end
09:38 – Lap 26 – Crossing the line for p3
10:08 – GT4 results
10:38 – LMP3 results

Logan

F1 2nd Driver
Aug 13, 2018
Not even sure if it is possible but is someone able to upload their replay file for this round? Looking to get some images sent out to the AOR Instagram account and possibly pull together a highlights video.