PC - AOR IMSA Lights Endurance S1 - ROUND 2 - Watkins Glen | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR IMSA Lights Endurance S1 - ROUND 2 - Watkins Glen

aidtheace

2-time AOR XB1 GT3 Tier 1 Champion
Nov 9, 2016
Had massive screen freezes throughout the race.
First few times im managed to stop dead in the track costing me around 10 seconds.
Then the big 1 happened about an hour in after Id just pitted. I hit the wall and got tons of damage. Got it to the pits which cost me another 2 minutes getting it out of the wall and pitting.
Very annoyed with it as its not the first time its cost me a good result.

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Obviously a rather mixed race for a few people.
Some experiencing lag / other issues.

For me, it was (almost) the perfect race!
Qually saw me in 4th this time. but behind @Col.McCoy again.
As before, it was just a case of getting the early laps done and out the way, then I could think about pushing on / fighting.
It's not the easiest track to pass, and certainly not when you are doing almost identical lap times to the car ahead.
There were places I was a tiny bit faster than he was, and others where CM was a little faster than me.
But he made a little mistake on the exit of Turn 1, and I managed to show my nose up the inside of the right hand part of the uphill.
I hadn't actually planned on going for the move, as it's probably not the best place in the world to pass - But the GT4 cars are slow enough that there isn't just 1 line trough that section. I didn't think it was actually going to work, and that he would have the better line at the top of the hill, but we did manage to go 2 wide all the way through, and I had just enough extra speed that I was able to get into 3rd. But I have to salute McCoy, as that was epic from my point of view!
I felt perfectly safe beside him (I've shared the track with CM plenty of times to have complete faith in his driving!) but that's probably a pass that I will remember for a long time! Thank you Sir!

Then it was a case of just finding a good pace, and I managed to find mine a couple of laps before McCoy found the same pace, so we held a fairly steady gap of about 5 seconds.

The lapping LMP3's did a very good job to be honest, and maybe only 2 or 3 times when I felt it might not have been the best option to go for the pass, but no problem for me! Good job guys!

I was actually keeping @BMW /// M-Power and @ScottV in sight, and even withing 10 seconds at worst, which was a huge suprise! I was fully expecting them to be gapping me by about 1 sec a lap! I think they were having a bit of a battle which was slowing themselves down, but either way, I was never really going to be of any real threat to either of them.

M power pitted early to get clean air and go for the Undercut against Scott, However, Scott must have swapped his engine out for a Diesel or something, as he was able to run the full race without pitting for a top up, where I had to dump 18L in. Granted he was fuel saving like hell at the end, but that was mega impressive!

Cant remember when, but @Logan wanted to check what I had in my boot of my car (maybe a spot 'park ferme' check mid race?.
Looked like he had slightly missed his braking point, and then went a little wide, as I was going wide to let him through. Not a massive shunt, but enough to spin me round and pick up some damage to the rear. But sounds like it was lag related, but no worries either way!
Car wasn't feeling too good, and I had to pit for fuel anyway, so in reality, it cost me the 5+ secs of the incident itself, maybe another 1 seconds of lost lap time, and a rather quick aero repair (about 5 secs).
It did however, allow McCoy to sneek past at the Pit entry.
Once CM had pitted, he had the 5 seconds repair time lead on me, and it was looking like it was going to be a P4 finish. Was a little disappointed to loose out on P3, but I was aiming for a top 5, so was still fine with fourth to be fair!

I was closing CM up a little bit over the last 20 mins or so, but not sure it would have been enough, but he spun the car on the exit of T1, which handed me P3 back again.
Sad for CM, but I guess without the bump, I would have probably had the same lead, so from my side, it all worked out even :)

Was catching Scott as well, since he was running on fumes, but wasn't quite enough, and even without the contact, I don't think I would have been close enough.
But frankly, loosing to only M Power + Scott is as good as a win in my books!

And another AWESOME bucket of points for ScoRex Racing with a P2 + P3!

Really fun race guys! Shame some had technical issues :(

My point of view of the race:

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottV

Col.McCoy

F1 Multiple Champion
May 26, 2016
Your welcome @AndrexUK.. I have to say likewise it was an awesome 2by2 up the hill and the amount of overview and trust we have in each other makes up for this awesome racing! So a big thank you back, allthough I lost the place ;-).
@Logan I had small problem with Andrex as well during Qually, where he just suddenly appeared in front of me allthough he was 2 car lengts ahead just a moment before that. Luckily it didn't have the influence on it, as Turn 1 is never going to be my friend. TBH I just don't like this track, I just don't like many of corner in whatever car... but yeah.. was some great racing once more, LMPs besides from a turn 1 incident, where I had 2 of them pushing themselves alongside of me, hitting my side door and pushing me of the road, luckily without damage, the rest was of very good driving!

Andrexs overtake on me

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott Burnett

BrakeCheck101

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans GTE tier 2 Winner
Apr 19, 2017
Your welcome @AndrexUK.. I have to say likewise it was an awesome 2by2 up the hill and the amount of overview and trust we have in each other makes up for this awesome racing! So a big thank you back, allthough I lost the place ;-).
@Logan I had small problem with Andrex as well during Qually, where he just suddenly appeared in front of me allthough he was 2 car lengts ahead just a moment before that. Luckily it didn't have the influence on it, as Turn 1 is never going to be my friend. TBH I just don't like this track, I just don't like many of corner in whatever car... but yeah.. was some great racing once more, LMPs besides from a turn 1 incident, where I had 2 of them pushing themselves alongside of me, hitting my side door and pushing me of the road, luckily without damage, the rest was of very good driving!

Andrexs overtake on me
Nice move Andrex. Very ballsy round there.

Col.McCoy

F1 Multiple Champion
May 26, 2016
Does anybody happen to know where the 'vehicle setups' are saved in Steam?
I need to re-install my PCars2 for once (been training without delta times for over a year now and want to change that)... but I don't want to loose any setup data and so on

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
I wouldn't exactly say that only some people had technical issues. We had 11 DCs in that race, which was more than a third of the grid. But I really don't think we can pinpoint it on anyone. We had problems with the lobby I hosted as well, with the commentators not being able to connect + a few people DCing at the end of qually. Already in the lobby people were complaining that Steam didn't work properly, so that was probably what lead to that many people DCing. Some were just more fortunate than others and didn't have any lag whatsoever :p

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Not sure to be honest :(
Not looked, but worst case, run a Time Trial in the car, and you will be able to get it back again.
If you have hundreds, then maybe not such a viable option though...

dakuza

F1 2nd Driver
Feb 8, 2018
Does anybody happen to know where the 'vehicle setups' are saved in Steam?
I need to re-install my PCars2 for once (been training without delta times for over a year now and want to change that)... but I don't want to loose any setup data and so on
Setups are saved in My Documents\Project Cars 2\savegame\somerandomnumber\project cars 2\tuningsetups (at least for me, your mileage may vary)

Reactions: Col.McCoy

dakuza

F1 2nd Driver
Feb 8, 2018
Quite an interesting race to start my GT4 career. Took the M3 for two reasons, it seemed to be reasonably fast and it's not an Aston. Car worked well, just had to use my H-shifter to get the shifts feeling better. Haven't really used the shifter that much so was a bit worried I might make a mess of things at some point. And that I did...

Might have been a very tight race with @AndrexUK and @Col.McCoy but right in the middle of fighting with @Col.McCoy I lost the rear in the Esses and ended up facing the wrong way in the side of the track with no way to turn around before most of the field had passed me. :oops: Almost managed to keep my car out of the walls and got only few percent aero and suspension damage, not worth a repair stop.

Once I got into the rhythm my concentration with the H-shifter eventually started to lapse and instead of switching from 4th to 5th I switched to 3rd. Instant 30% engine damage and quite a hairy oversteer moment as a bonus. Made the same mistake few times more but had learned my lesson and was quick enough to switch to correct gear without damaging the engine any more. :rolleyes:

Had pretty bad stutters all through the race but unfortunately can't blame my disaster moments on them.

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Well, it's awesome to see it on the track!
I would have used it, but I hated the shifting, and...it's not an Aston!

Reactions: ScottV

BrakeCheck101

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans GTE tier 2 Winner
Apr 19, 2017
As you may have already seen...this didn't go spectacularly well for me, but hey here's a few bits and bobs from Watkins Glen.

Hopefully those that had issues with lag and disconnections give the league another go at Laguna Seca. It will be worth it!

00:00 – Intro
00:47 – Last time out at COTA
01:48 – My quali hot lap
02:43 – GT4 quali results
03:15 – LMP3 quali results
03:39 – Hello darkness my old friend
04:51 – GT4 race results
05:33 – LMP3 race results
06:20 – Looking ahead to Laguna Seca next week

Logan

F1 2nd Driver
Aug 13, 2018
Not even sure if it is possible but is someone able to upload their replay file for this round? Looking to get some images sent out to the AOR Instagram account and possibly pull together a highlights video.

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Yeah, I've still got this one and CotA.
Will put them up on Drop box and link when they are synched.

Reactions: Logan