PC - AOR IMSA Lights Endurance S1 - ROUND 4 - Long Beach Street Circuit | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR IMSA Lights Endurance S1 - ROUND 4 - Long Beach Street Circuit

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Only 2 points required for ScoRex Racing to secure the GT4 Team Championship!
I scored 0 pts last night at the GT3 race, so @ScottV, the pressure is on you! :)

Reactions: ScottV

Col.McCoy

F1 Multiple Champion
May 26, 2016
As for announcing pit entry/exit... please use your IN-GAME name... so for me Col.McCoy entering/exiting the pits... this is way clearer than P whatever... cuz than I have to look at the relative tracker to see if maybe this guy is close to me ;-).
And also.. don't announce a pit entry if there is nobody behind you.. keep the chatter at a minimum :p.
Pit exit yes.. cuz relative speeds are high and you dont know who is coming

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 6, 2017
Yes. but some names are harder to pronaunce or to understand to others, especialy mine I suppose :) So maybe for tis time I will stick with P or DBR (first three letters) :)

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Well, thought I was free to do this race but then my uncle decided to show up at our door. I don't know when he will head home so not sure if I'll make it or not. If I'm not there at the scheduled time, don't wait for me

• Friendly
Reactions: Col.McCoy

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Should be ok to do this.

Also, it doesn't really matter to announce WHO is leaving the pits, just that SOMEONE is leaving the pits!

Minesco2

Formula Karter
Nov 6, 2018
Have just realised that I'm not going to be able to make it for this race due to a family outing. Have fun to those who do.

aaren

Formula Karter
Jan 27, 2019
What can i say, I'm new to this thing of a proper organized league of sim racing, yeah i know my opinion doesn't count much but i still want to share my frustration.

Even if i'm new, i'm not a noob in racing since a little boy i played on my playstation 2 on gran turismo 3 of all games all those hours getting the gold medals on the tests :D
Well no more rambling about the past, last month i decided to buy project cars 2 and i saw on the online lobbys a lot of password locked with interesting names, so i jumped on the web to look what that could mean, found this forum and got so excited to finally be able to do some proper online racing without those idiots ramming everywhere.

Now after 3-4 races i participated in this race i learned two things gt4s don't like to be passed by the faster cars and that breaks this league completely, the exception being the leaders cuz they are able to pass everyone people even get out of their way that's a bit unfair even if i'm totally aware i'm not «tier 1» material because of lack of experience but still sometimes i'm doing very fast times for 4th or 5th position but can't do a comeback of a mistake or something random because of the danger of passing the slower cars.

This race i was really determined to not let it be the failure that laguna seca was soo I trained and trained and trained more than 20 hours of driving in this track to «prevent» all the mistakes that everyone was saying and writing on the forum, i was fully prepared for this race but then after the first corner the mess started, the lmp3 car behind me i don't quite remember who soo i prefer not to say names, passes me on to the second corner when i'm going slow to let the cars in front get together . okey i understand he wanted to gain the position sure no danger but not very nice to do. After some laps another lmp3 car crashes and rejoins directly without seeing if there are cars coming i had to go hard in the brakes on the apex of the corner after the second long straight, okey that happens frustrated because of the incident wanted to rejoin fast i understand very dangerous but no damage taken. Then gt4s fighting side by side again on the second long straight just occupy the whole track size then suddenly i see an opportunity and there's an accident because i lock up, my fault shouldn't have gone for it yes but gt4s occupying the whole track not very nice. After this one or two incidents with gt4s happened and that just made lose it easy corners i wasn't having problems i just got lost completely.

I just want to ask about your opinions about this because again i'm new here and not a lot of experience on properly organised leagues.
I want to ask for honest answers not the rules answer because i read them and on the track they don't happen most of the time.

I'm very sorry of the huge text but after this race i had to open up about what i was feeling.
Thank you

BrakeCheck101

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans GTE tier 2 Winner
Apr 19, 2017
I imagine it'll still be processing for an hour, but here's my livestream if anyone wants to watch.

Apologies If I was rude about you at any point P3 drivers :LOL: I realise it's just one of those tracks where close calls will always happen.

Reactions: Nila

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 6, 2017
Good position at the end, which I not expected. In the middle of the race some of gt4 stacked or stopped or whatever in hairpin...I couldn't see him and hit him. Got a lots of aero and bit of suspension, limping one lap to pit....,lost a lot of time in pit. But somehow got 3rd position which was over expectation according to my pit stop.
Almost half of the race I was chasing @Ruddybird and surprisingly find him again in front of me, so chasing began again :). I expected you to see way in front of me...what's happened???? At the end he made a mistake so I got 4th position! Saw my team mate about 15 sec in front, so couldn't catch him, but suddenly he was in box! What happened @Pirate ???
And then I got podium! Lucky after that incident!
Good race people, and yes some people in gt cars don't like to lift of a little bit in some situations! Please we lost the time so you have a lost too!!!

Beau

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 20, 2017
Not really sure where to start with that race to be honest, awesome race with @aidtheace for pretty much the first 40 minutes. i went for the undercut and finally came out ahead then had a bit of contact with Logan which forced me back into the pits then my monitor decided to turn itself off and well never come back on.
apologies to @Ruddybird for spinning in front of you and holding you up a little
also just a reminder for a couple of the lmp3s, blue flags apply to same class cars

Ruddybird

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 1, 2018
@D.Brezancic I expected to see you very far ahead of me after our pits haha. I got bumped in the back by nila into the hairpin just enough to spin into the wall. I got some suspension damage so I decided to pit right then. After a long pit me and beau got together on the pit exit as he said so I got a bit of damage and held up a bit. As for that I wouldn't worry about it @Beau sounds like your race was a lot harder than mine.

Reactions: D.Brezancic

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 6, 2017
@D.Brezancic I expected to see you very far ahead of me after our pits haha. I got bumped in the back by nila into the hairpin just enough to spin into the wall. I got some suspension damage so I decided to pit right then. After a long pit me and beau got together on the pit exit as he said so I got a bit of damage and held up a bit. As for that I wouldn't worry about it @Beau sounds like your race was a lot harder than mine.
Well that was that situation then. @Nila bumped you in that hairpin and I couldn't see and hit him.

BrakeCheck101

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans GTE tier 2 Winner
Apr 19, 2017
What can i say, I'm new to this thing of a proper organized league of sim racing, yeah i know my opinion doesn't count much but i still want to share my frustration.

Even if i'm new, i'm not a noob in racing since a little boy i played on my playstation 2 on gran turismo 3 of all games all those hours getting the gold medals on the tests :D
Well no more rambling about the past, last month i decided to buy project cars 2 and i saw on the online lobbys a lot of password locked with interesting names, so i jumped on the web to look what that could mean, found this forum and got so excited to finally be able to do some proper online racing without those idiots ramming everywhere.

Now after 3-4 races i participated in this race i learned two things gt4s don't like to be passed by the faster cars and that breaks this league completely, the exception being the leaders cuz they are able to pass everyone people even get out of their way that's a bit unfair even if i'm totally aware i'm not «tier 1» material because of lack of experience but still sometimes i'm doing very fast times for 4th or 5th position but can't do a comeback of a mistake or something random because of the danger of passing the slower cars.

This race i was really determined to not let it be the failure that laguna seca was soo I trained and trained and trained more than 20 hours of driving in this track to «prevent» all the mistakes that everyone was saying and writing on the forum, i was fully prepared for this race but then after the first corner the mess started, the lmp3 car behind me i don't quite remember who soo i prefer not to say names, passes me on to the second corner when i'm going slow to let the cars in front get together . okey i understand he wanted to gain the position sure no danger but not very nice to do. After some laps another lmp3 car crashes and rejoins directly without seeing if there are cars coming i had to go hard in the brakes on the apex of the corner after the second long straight, okey that happens frustrated because of the incident wanted to rejoin fast i understand very dangerous but no damage taken. Then gt4s fighting side by side again on the second long straight just occupy the whole track size then suddenly i see an opportunity and there's an accident because i lock up, my fault shouldn't have gone for it yes but gt4s occupying the whole track not very nice. After this one or two incidents with gt4s happened and that just made lose it easy corners i wasn't having problems i just got lost completely.

I just want to ask about your opinions about this because again i'm new here and not a lot of experience on properly organised leagues.
I want to ask for honest answers not the rules answer because i read them and on the track they don't happen most of the time.

I'm very sorry of the huge text but after this race i had to open up about what i was feeling.
Thank you
Too be honest dude, just sounds like you’ve not had a lot of experience of multi class racing:)

The slower class are entitled to the racing line. I know that must be frustrating sometimes, but that’s the beauty of multiclass. It’s not all about your outright pace, but also how quickly and safely you pass the slower class :)

If you haven’t already, I recommend watching some real life IMSA or WEC races, if you’re struggling to understand it all.

Please stick at it though, you’ll enjoy it when it all clicks into place.

I’m miles off the pace of the quickest guys in this league’s GT4 category, so I’d need miracles to win - but I just love the challenge of multiclass endurance racing, Every lap is different to the one previous.

dakuza

F1 2nd Driver
Feb 8, 2018
That was a fun race battling with @ScottV! We were glued to each other for half of the race.

I tried so hard to make the fuel last and even let @ScottV pass to get some sweet slipstream. Around an hour into the race I realized the fuel saving was for naught and I had to stop no matter what.

Started pushing and quickly caught back to @ScottV and went for a pass into turn 1. First time I got a bit loose and tapped @ScottV. I felt I had to place back as it was a bit of a push. Hope you didn't take damage from that mistake @ScottV. Next lap I got to try the move again, this time went just a bit wide and hit the wall for some suspension damage. Since I had to pit anyway, decided to do it right away. Repairs took about 7 seconds so not the end of the world there.

Hoped that @ScottV would also have to pit for fuel so started pushing like crazy to have any chance for a win. Hotlapping in the middle of a multi-class race can be a bit hair raising so it was fun even though I had nobody on the same lap close by. Because a pit stop takes half a lap, I had no idea how far ahead @ScottV was. Crew chief gave me a slither of hope constantly telling I was doing the fastest laps of the class.

Unfortunately (for me) the Aston was able to finish without refueling so I had to settle for a distant second. Congratulations to @ScottV for the win. Flawless performance and a deserved win!

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
That was a fun race battling with @ScottV! We were glued to each other for half of the race.

I tried so hard to make the fuel last and even let @ScottV pass to get some sweet slipstream. Around an hour into the race I realized the fuel saving was for naught and I had to stop no matter what.

Started pushing and quickly caught back to @ScottV and went for a pass into turn 1. First time I got a bit loose and tapped @ScottV. I felt I had to place back as it was a bit of a push. Hope you didn't take damage from that mistake @ScottV. Next lap I got to try the move again, this time went just a bit wide and hit the wall for some suspension damage. Since I had to pit anyway, decided to do it right away. Repairs took about 7 seconds so not the end of the world there.

Hoped that @ScottV would also have to pit for fuel so started pushing like crazy to have any chance for a win. Hotlapping in the middle of a multi-class race can be a bit hair raising so it was fun even though I had nobody on the same lap close by. Because a pit stop takes half a lap, I had no idea how far ahead @ScottV was. Crew chief gave me a slither of hope constantly telling I was doing the fastest laps of the class.

Unfortunately (for me) the Aston was able to finish without refueling so I had to settle for a distant second. Congratulations to @ScottV for the win. Flawless performance and a deserved win!
Really hoping Scott gets 8 notifications from this instead of the Normal 1. Sometimes glitches can be fun.

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
As was already mentioned by @BrakeCheck101, the GT4s always have to stick to their own racing line when being lapped by LMPs. If you've seen otherwise then that is certainly a bit worrying to me, as moving out of the way will 9 times out of 10 make the situation more confusing and end up in contact. Ideally the only time you should move out of the way is when being lapped by your own class. I know you didn't want a "rules answer" but there's not really another way to answer this than through the rules
A lot of this comes down to experience in the faster class. It requires a certain ability to read the situation well to go for the overtake when it is safe. I did one race in the LMP3s in a pre-season event and I was losing loads of time because I was hesitant when lapping the slower class. That was purely down to me not having enough experience in the faster class. So getting the experience is really key to being able to strike at the right time when overtaking the slower class

This race i was really determined to not let it be the failure that laguna seca was soo I trained and trained and trained more than 20 hours of driving in this track to «prevent» all the mistakes that everyone was saying and writing on the forum, i was fully prepared for this race but then after the first corner the mess started, the lmp3 car behind me i don't quite remember who soo i prefer not to say names, passes me on to the second corner when i'm going slow to let the cars in front get together . okey i understand he wanted to gain the position sure no danger but not very nice to do. After some laps another lmp3 car crashes and rejoins directly without seeing if there are cars coming i had to go hard in the brakes on the apex of the corner after the second long straight, okey that happens frustrated because of the incident wanted to rejoin fast i understand very dangerous but no damage taken.
I strongly encourage you to bring these incidents to the stewards. The stewards panel is not a negative thing to create feuds between drivers, it is a tool we provide so we can learn from our mistakes. If not the first incident then definitely the one with an unsafe rejoin, as that is black on white against the rules.
Then gt4s fighting side by side again on the second long straight just occupy the whole track size then suddenly i see an opportunity and there's an accident because i lock up, my fault shouldn't have gone for it yes but gt4s occupying the whole track not very nice.
To me this just sounds like really bad luck on your side. This track isn't the widest of tracks already so it's not easy to overtake when 2 cars are side by side. But again, per the rules the GT4s have no obligation to get out of the way of the LMP3s. They don't have to stop their fight to let you pass. You have to wait until there's an opening where it is safe to pass. Out of a slow corner you have the superior acceleration so you could get past them on the exit of the last corner onto the straight. Believe the straight is wide enough for 3 cars if need be. I wasn't there of course, I'm just trying to come up with a suggestion based on what you wrote.
But really, I would just say that this was bad timing. It sucks that you can't get past, but having patience is one of the most important skills in multi-class racing.

F4H MaR4uDer

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 3, 2017

Thank you
To have the GT4 pilots is not that we do not like that the LMP3 pilots go ahead of us, it's more that there are places where the overtaking is more dangerous and we do not leave the space for you to pass, that's why you get frustrated, the fastest pilots and experienced and saven how to do that maneuver and do it safely, clear with our help leaving them the space to do so, little by little you will understand this role.

This circuit was the most complicated because of its narrowness, that's why you are also discouraged, now the 2 that remain are wide and fast and you will have enough space to make your overtaking to the GT4.