PC - AOR IMSA Lights Endurance S1 - ROUND 5 - Road America | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR IMSA Lights Endurance S1 - ROUND 5 - Road America

Logan

F1 2nd Driver
Aug 13, 2018
Event Information:
Date: 28.02.19
Lobby opens: 20:00(PM) (UK time)
Event starts: 20:15(PM) (UK time)
Event format:
● Qualifying:
20 minutes
● Race: 60 minutes
Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Calendar.

In-game time-of-day information:
● Qualifying time:
03/11/18 - 11:00(PM) - Light Rain (x5)
● Race start time: 03/11/18 - 12:00(PM) - Light Rain => Heavy Cloud
● Time Progression: x1
● Weather progression: Sync to Race

Manual Rolling Start Information:

Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Driver list for Race:
LMP3 (14):

@Flaming Parrot
@Minesco2
@D.Brezancic
@Beau
@J Peaches
@IntergalacticGentleman
@Smolda
@Scott Burnett
@Ruddybird
@Logan
@Martinez Maxime
@Andrew Harper
@GTS - Jeremy
@aidtheace

GT4 (12):
@TicklishPicklewickle
@BrakeCheck101
@AndrexUK
@Col.McCoy
@GTS - Pushdum
@Nila
@Milogamer1986
@OTL DAVEALEX4
@GTS - Carlito
@ScottV
@F4H MaR4uDer
@BMW /// M-Power

Reserves for this series will be handled so that reserves will replace the drivers in their class only, i.e if the main GT4 class has a spot, a GT4 driver will be taken before an LMP3 driver. The remaining slots after each class is filled to its main capacity will be taken in order of the sign-up list. We are also hoping to create a sort-of second tier where any reserves not accepted into the main will still be able to race each round.

Reserves:
  1. @Pirate
  2. @InFeRno
  3. @aaren
  4. @dakuza
  5. @BMW /// M-Power
  6. @XzweN
  7. @GTS - Nahli
  8. @RT93 Clown 93
  9. @monjessenstein
  10. @GTS-Oliv
  11. @Reymps
  12. @GTS - Kimaille
  13. @Rascal
  14. @EIPayton1331
  15. @I_Barclaycard
  16. @MonkeyMadness
  17. @Doogle_Gamer84
  18. @atlasgehirn424
  19. @Twyst3r
  20. @Loon
LMP3:
Reserve List
  1. @Pirate (Reserve by choice)
  2. @InFeRno
  3. @aaren
  4. @RT93 Clown 93
  5. @monjessenstein
  6. @GTS-Oliv
  7. @Reymps
  8. @GTS - Kimaille
  9. @Rascal
  10. @EIPayton1331
  11. @I_Barclaycard
  12. @Twyst3r
  13. @Loon
GT4:
  1. @dakuza (reserve by choice)
  2. @XzweN
  3. @GTS - Nahli
  4. @Doogle_Gamer84
  5. @MonkeyMadness (No class selected, so putting is GT4) ???
  6. @atlasgehirn424
Reserves are expected to inform via the Main Thread if they will be a no-show for each race. Most tracks allow for 32 drivers so at least 6 reserves will be taken each week. The reserves will be rotated based on attendance and participation for each race. Note that just because you are listed as a reserve, you are not necessarily going to miss every race during the season, we hope to give every driver the opportunity to race. However it is up to you as a reserve to make sure that you get that opportunity, by showing for each race in discord and informing the coordinators when you will not be able to make a race. No-show, no inform will affect your placement in the reserves list.

First 6 Reserves in (guaranteed a spot):
  1. @Pirate
  2. @InFeRno
  3. @aaren
  4. @dakuza
  5. @XzweN
  6. @GTS - Nahli
Confirmed No Shows:
@Logan
@Col.McCoy

Last edited:

Logan

F1 2nd Driver
Aug 13, 2018
Was Notified the other day that I would have things going on at race time so I will miss this one. Good Luck to everyone!

Logan

F1 2nd Driver
Aug 13, 2018
Hey all I could use some help with creating a video for the special starting procedure we will be using at Daytona and for the procedure of an upcoming special event. If anyone is available on Friday evening I would appreciate your help. I would like to get about 6-7 (more are welcome!) drivers if possible, and it shouldn't take but 30-40 minutes to get the footage for both events. Figure we would start at about 19:00 UK.

Logan

F1 2nd Driver
Aug 13, 2018

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Yeah, should be around for whatever is happening!
Might try and steel some of you all for some screenshots of Season 5 Endurance league too :)

Reactions: Logan

F4H MaR4uDer

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 3, 2017
Please, when a doubled pilot is going to unfold that does not try to overtake the extreme, since it can harm the pilot that advances, it is preferable to ask for a step with education and wait for the moment where the pilot that preceded him allows him to pass and continue to climb, in this Circuit to be with rain will be difficult to overtake cars faster because leaving the trace implies that there is more water and a possible loss of compliance, so I ask for patience for all including me when overtaking.

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Well, that looks like a google translate to me :)
For an Andrex Translate:
Be extra careful when passing other cars!

Logan

F1 2nd Driver
Aug 13, 2018
I couldn't help but read that several times over. Sometimes google translate does a really funny job of translating between languages. Anyways I figured I would try to translate from google to proper English:

"Please, when the faster drivers attempt to pass, do not take extreme risks as it can harm your race. It is preferred that you side with caution and wait for the moment when the slower driver allows you to pass and continue. This circuit with rain makes overtaking difficult for the faster cars as standing water often occupies the space beyond the racing line and leaving it will often result in the loss of control of the car. So I ask for you patience when overtaking myself and others."

If you are wondering I translated it back to Spanish (still just a terrible, using Google) then just translated it myself to English.

Beau

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 20, 2017
are we doing anything at the start of quali? last season in GT3 the track started basically dry every time we had a wet session, basically this gave us one opportunity at a good lap. i feel it would be a bit unfair if we come across traffic on the hotlap that the track is at its best especially when championship points are being handed out for pole

Logan

F1 2nd Driver
Aug 13, 2018

Ok so a few things really quick.
  1. After some testing and feedback the race weather will change to LIGHT RAIN => HEAVY CLOUD
  2. Given the that the track will start dry during qualifying and this could potentially be an advantage to someone, qualifying will be extended to 20 minutes with LIGHT RAIN and a x5 time acceleration. Cars will not be allowed on track for the first 5 minutes, but may be on track at any point after that.

Do let me know if any further clarification is needed.

• Informative
Reactions: aidtheace and Beau

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 6, 2017
I think it's a bit late for race weather change. I tried offline race and nothing was wrong with weather???
As about qualy, there will be less water in first 5 minutes so we could wait 5 min to start qual. Why x5 time acceleration??

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Just ran a test race with Rain > Light Rain > Heavy cloud, and the build up of puddles was rather bad!

This impacted on the racing line quite a lot, and then to add in the multi-class lapping into the mix, I feel that it's far from safe.
We want ppl to be finishing these races, and not increasing the potential risk for no real reason will help with achieving this.
Even with 'Light Rain' there will be some puddles being formed.
In terms of this being a late change, yes, it is a little later than is ideal, but in reality, it doesn't really impact ppl's strategy / setup.
And should provide a much safer racing environment.

Logan

F1 2nd Driver
Aug 13, 2018
x5 just to make sure that there is a solid accumulation of rain on the track (ensuring it is fully wet) before qualifying starts.

Reactions: D.Brezancic

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 6, 2017
Yes, "old" weather makes a 5 to 6 very bad water patches..... Thought it will be challenging for us.
It would be a wet race and now we have wet-dry race I believe, which should change a setup a bit.
I had a time to practice/setup the car during weekend and now will have no time for new conditions. Maybe some other ppl too. It's a bit of late yes.

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Previous weather was also Wet > Dry, and for me it's made no change to how i would setup my car.
Most of the race is still going to be wet, and that's what I would set the car up for. But again, I do agree, it is a late change which is not ideal.

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 6, 2017
Well on my offline test it was wet totally. Only a 1 to 3 laps could be dry but no sense to lose time in pit.
Now, I believe we shall have about 20 min for dry?!

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Well on my offline test it was wet totally. Only a 1 to 3 laps could be dry but no sense to lose time in pit.
Now, I believe we shall have about 20 min for dry?!
If I'm understanding @Logan's intentions correctly, the change is not to force us to do a pit stop for dry tyres. It is onlý to avoid the puddles getting out of hand and dangerous. That is why the rain stops halfway in. So no, I don't think we should need to pit for tyres this round and it'll still be a full wet race

• Agree
Reactions: AndrexUK

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 6, 2017
I understand intentions. Didn't try new conditions just believe we shall have around 15-20 minutes for dry tyres.