PC - AOR IMSA Lights Endurance S1 - ROUND 5 - Road America | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR IMSA Lights Endurance S1 - ROUND 5 - Road America

Beau

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 20, 2017
@D.Brezancic me and andrex done a full race last night with the new conditions, it doesnt really change the race at all, the best time to pit onto the slicks was around the 50 minute mark and when we tried them we were only about 4-5 seconds quicker than what the wets were so it still isnt even really worth doing a pit stop

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 6, 2017
@D.Brezancic me and andrex done a full race last night with the new conditions, it doesnt really change the race at all, the best time to pit onto the slicks was around the 50 minute mark and when we tried them we were only about 4-5 seconds quicker than what the wets were so it still isnt even really worth doing a pit stop
Ok, don't have a time to test anymore but i expected to hear something from who tested. There is no sense to change tyres in lat 10 minutes really. So thx for the info.

Reactions: Beau

dakuza

F1 2nd Driver
Feb 8, 2018
A warning about a pit stop bug. Test your pit strategy before the race!

At least for the M3 there is a but that reports your rear pressures incorrectly in pit menu. Menu shows the pressures about 1 bar too high and if you adjust them back to "correct" values they are way too low. I had this bug in previous VLN race where I changed tires and rear pressures were below 1.0 bar for the rest of the race. Now if I set rear pressures in the pit menu to 2.5 bar I have about 1.65 hot pressures on pit exit.

Not seen the bug affect any other car. Noticed it when creating new pit strat and the game set rear pressures around 2.5 bar by default.

BMW /// M-Power

GP2 2nd Driver
Oct 8, 2018
Are there still very big puddles over whole width of the track in light rain, or was it just my game? For example at turn 2?

BMW /// M-Power

GP2 2nd Driver
Oct 8, 2018
ok then i cant race tonight! my car is spinnin at turn 2, doesnt matter what i do... i can do 30 kp/h and it spins....

Nila

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 21, 2018
Hey.

@F4H MaR4uDer have you got an decent setup for this race?
Im a little short of time (kids and grown up things), so i was wondering if you could share like, a screen shot of how you have done your setup.

Ill be able to do like a 45min run after dinner, befor the race starts. Im not so fast that you should be afraid of being passed by me ;)

dakuza

F1 2nd Driver
Feb 8, 2018
I just got news about a delay that messed up my schedule. I might miss the start if I can’t get things sorted. :mad:

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
ok then i cant race tonight! my car is spinnin at turn 2, doesnt matter what i do... i can do 30 kp/h and it spins....
It does get a bit hairy going through that puddle but definitely still possible. I agree, you can't come blasting through like it was dry but definitely possible anyhow. And as @D.Brezancic said, it's the same for everyone so no one gains or loses from it. Tbf the rest of the track is fine for me at least. Don't know about a puddle in T3 though, never experienced that in my practice

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 6, 2017
Well...everything started as I expected, but that very unlucky and stupid contact ruined my race (huge suspension and aero dmg). I think it was @BrakeCheck101 and one of GTS gt4 guys @GTS - Carlito . I do apologize frankly guys, I saw you both side by side earlier, but during approach I thought left side is clear for me and will have a room (a lots of spray fooled me), but when I saw it wasn't...too late to brake. I just hope I didn't ruin your races a lot. Deep apologize once more from me!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: GTS - Carlito

BrakeCheck101

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans GTE tier 2 Winner
Apr 19, 2017
Well...everything started as I expected, but that very unlucky and stupid contact ruined my race. I think it was @BrakeCheck101 and one of GTS gt4 guys. I do apologize frankly guys, I saw you both side by side earlier, but during approach I thought left side is clear for me (a lots of spray fooled me), but when I saw it wasn't...too late to brake. I just hope I didn't ruin your races a lot. Deep apologize once more from me!!!!
Here's my stream:

The crash was 00:45 minutes left on the clock.

Unfortunately I think it is your fault. The other GT4 affected was @GTS - Carlito

I limped around and as soon as it was dry enough I came into the pits to repair as well.

Sadly, despite selecting soft tyres, the crew never changed them, so I was just understeering around for the last 30 minutes.

Spun 2 laps before the end and that lost me 8th place.

Nevermind. These things happen @D.Brezancic.

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 6, 2017
well yes my fault, that's why I do apologize! Feel free to put it on stewards!

Last edited:

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 6, 2017
No, it’s ok. I won’t report it to stewards. I can see why you went for the gap. It’s a shame, but it’s also partly my fault. I could have just lifted off and gone back behind @GTS - Carlito and the situation would never have happened.
Watched your reply and to be honest I was expecting a little room from me from gt4 drivers, but it doesn't justify my stupid move. Cheers.

John Pecchia

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 25, 2018
I must apologize to 2 GT4 drivers for creating a 3 wide just before Canada Corner. very stupid. Also I was following @Gav88888 , I think, into the parabolica when his car went 90 degrees left off track from my view I was a car length behind but it looked like he was punted by me. Again another apology.
Those matters aside, I enjoyed the race eventhough my game went dead, and I slid off track and waited for it to come back up. Very bizarre. To cap off the perfect race ran out of gas last lap at pit entrance. Apparently, my math, also, needs some work.

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
@D.Brezancic duuuude wth was that??? not good fella! (+ the flashing of lights before hand too! = NO!) YOU have to pass GT4's safely, not tell them to get out the way, and then take them out with a ridiculously risky move that ended up putting 2 of them into the wall...
I shall respect @BrakeCheck101 's wishes and not raise this, and I applaud his ability to laugh at it as well! But seriously... consider this a slap on the wrist!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ScottV

ScottV

PC GT3 S9 Pro Champion
Feb 8, 2018
No, it’s ok. I won’t report it to stewards. I can see why you went for the gap. It’s a shame, but it’s also partly my fault. I could have just lifted off and gone back behind @GTS - Carlito and the situation would never have happened.
@BrakeCheck101 you should never have too move out of the way of an LMP even if you are fighting for position with a GT4. That was such a silly move from the LMP. I'm shocked.

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 6, 2017
@D.Brezancic duuuude wth was that??? not good fella! (+ the flashing of lights before hand too! = NO!) YOU have to pass GT4's safely, not tell them to get out the way, and then take them out with a ridiculously risky move that ended up putting 2 of them into the wall...
I shall respect @BrakeCheck101 's wishes and not raise this, and I applaud his ability to laugh at it as well! But seriously... consider this a slap on the wrist!
What was that? I wrote already it was my stupid move. That's it. We all make mistakes and I did it. You can see video but you don't know what I thought. To be honest, even I don't know. I suppose I expected they let me through. But it not justify my stupid move.
All on all you can raise this to stewards or coordinator if you like. I think to punish myself not ruin last race at Daytona. Maybe it can be a kind of satisfaction for both GT drivers.