PC - AOR IMSA Lights Endurance S1 - ROUND 5 - Road America | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR IMSA Lights Endurance S1 - ROUND 5 - Road America

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 6, 2017
@BrakeCheck101 you should never have too move out of the way of an LMP even if you are fighting for position with a GT4. That was such a silly move from the LMP. I'm shocked.
It's not about "to move out of the way" it's about to let faster car to go. It's also the rule isn't it. I write this generally not for this situation.

BrakeCheck101

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans GTE tier 2 Winner
Apr 19, 2017
It's not about "to move out of the way" it's about to let faster car to go. It's also the rule isn't it. I write this generally not for this situation.
Slower class cars don't have to "let faster cars go" either. Slower classes have the right to the racing line and it's up to the faster classes to pass safely.

This was a unique situation because I was in the process of overtaking @GTS - Carlito after he had run wide through the previous corner and I had a speed advantage over him on the straight. So obviously both me and @GTS - Carlito couldn't be on the racing line at the same time.

So, it was a difficult situation and I appreciate you would have lost 2-3 seconds stuck behind us, but in hindsight, it would have been better if you could have waited for me to complete the overtake and got past @GTS - Carlito

We live and learn.

dakuza

F1 2nd Driver
Feb 8, 2018
Perhaps my pit strategy was a bit risky. This happened on my 2nd lap out of the pits...

Went to the pits as early as possible to repair the damage I got from the contact with @ScottV on the early laps. The car had zero turn in with the damage and wets. After the spin I actually got more damage + some suspension stuff but with slicks it was still easier to drive than before.

And of course congrats to @ScottV and @aidtheace for taking the championship wins!

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 6, 2017
@BrakeCheck101 , with my above post I didn't comment our accident from last night. We already discussed a little about that and again it was my stupid move!
It was written generally, because some people from slower class behave like they fight for position with faster class cars. It happened in earlier seasons of endurance leagues, so I really believe that GT drivers should lost a little time in situations they have been overtaken-a little lift of the throttle, for example. Lmp cars loose a time, so why not GT too??. At least its about safety. Cheers man!

dakuza

F1 2nd Driver
Feb 8, 2018
well you were doing 22´s while we did 27´s at that time with wets :D
I saw that in the stream after the race and just had to laugh. I had no idea what pace you guys had and so was expecting to finish somewhere behind @AndrexUK with my extra pirouettes.

In total I did about 5 laps without damage but I'll take it. My first AOR win ever! :love:

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Yeah, you came out 10 secs ahead of me when I came back out again....on fresh wets :(
Still think I would probably have only made 4th in either outcome of 'staying out without pitting / switching to softs / messing up pit strat and changing to fresh wets...'

I was sort of expecting Scott to catch and pass, but the speed at which he pulled away was like 'HUH???' but it took a good 15 mins + for me to figure out I was on Wets again....

BMW /// M-Power

GP2 2nd Driver
Oct 8, 2018
if I had known that the track gets dry so fast... :D but yeah, P2 is quite OK cause before the race i actually tought it would get undrivable with mustang but it actually was very nice in wet and actually fast!

But yeah looking forward to daytona... might be a bit OP with mustang :D :D :D

dakuza

F1 2nd Driver
Feb 8, 2018
if I had known that the track gets dry so fast... :D but yeah, P2 is quite OK cause before the race i actually tought it would get undrivable with mustang but it actually was very nice in wet and actually fast!

But yeah looking forward to daytona... might be a bit OP with mustang :D:D:D
The Mustang loves the straights so you're the betting favourite unless the Astons manage to do another no-stopper. :unsure:

BMW /// M-Power

GP2 2nd Driver
Oct 8, 2018
well with about 95% only throttle track should get a bit hard, but my stop will take little longer for sure... i need like 20-30l more in the end :D:D
and braking will be horrible going at top speed with mustang :D I actually killed scott again last night, like i did in laguna and nearly at long beach...

aaren

Formula Karter
Jan 27, 2019
hey guys, just want to say it was a very good race yesterday, a lot of fighting mainly 1 full lap defending against @dalking38 it was the highlight of the race for me :D

I didn't have a prepared pit strategy just was going to improvise in the middle of the race, suddenly i saw everyone diving in the pits to change tyres but i was feeling comfortable with the wets and was getting faster and faster, when i saw i was doing more or less the times of other drivers and with the wrong tyres i decided to not go to the pits and start to fuel save, in the end it worked well because i passed the finish line 2 seconds after the clock hit 00:00 and with the car dying right there. Happy with 5th place.

Congrats to @ScottV and to @aidtheace for their championship wins.

John Pecchia

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 25, 2018
hey guys, just want to say it was a very good race yesterday, a lot of fighting mainly 1 full lap defending against @dalking38 it was the highlight of the race for me :D

I didn't have a prepared pit strategy just was going to improvise in the middle of the race, suddenly i saw everyone diving in the pits to change tyres but i was feeling comfortable with the wets and was getting faster and faster, when i saw i was doing more or less the times of other drivers and with the wrong tyres i decided to not go to the pits and start to fuel save, in the end it worked well because i passed the finish line 2 seconds after the clock hit 00:00 and with the car dying right there. Happy with 5th place.

Congrats to @ScottV and to @aidtheace for their championship wins.
fuel save. I must learn how to do. Do you change the blend in that pit stop pull up screen?

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
fuel save. I must learn how to do. Do you change the blend in that pit stop pull up screen?
Yes, you can change the fuel mix in the ICM. I would recommend lifting and coasting instead tho, as from what I've heard, changing the fuel mix doesn't really affect fuel usage as much as it should

Reactions: John Pecchia

Logan

F1 2nd Driver
Aug 13, 2018
Hey all just wanted to let you know I am working on the results now, so they should be up in a bit. Also the race thread for Daytona should he up around the same time. Been a hectic few days for me, so I apologize for being late again. As for the session to get to video for the Daytona starting procedure, I don't think it will be necessary however I would appreciate if some showed up to help @AndrexUK with some screenshots for the Season 5 Endurance League. I imagine that would be better to happen closer to 19:30 however so no need to show up until then. Awesome race to everybody, wet conditions are always a challenge and glad to see it went well.

I guess I'll go ahead and lend a few words to the situation with @D.Brezancic :
  1. It was a bit of an overly aggressive move, something I am very aware you usually wouldn't try, so glad to see you apologized and learned from it.
  2. The slower class ALWAYS has the priority. It is the responsibility of the faster class in all situations to make a move by the slower class without incident. You will lose time over the course of the race, that's just part of multiclass.
  3. One incident doesnt reflect everything about a driver so don't let it bother you too much. Just learn from it and avoid making the same mistake again. In this instance just be more patient next time.
  4. Hopefully Daytona goes well for everyone!

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 6, 2017
@Logan Game has a bug's, but is it possible for results to be wrong???? I always capture screen after race over and cannot remember we had wrong results. Weird really.
I have bmw m-power and scott at results screen but aaren missing ?!?!?

Last edited: