Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016

AOR Project CARS 2 IndyCar - Season 3
Tips, Setups and Media Thread

Hello drivers!

Most of us are new to IndyCar racing and are in the search for tips, setups or videos of races to improve our race pace.
This is also the place where you can put you'r own race highlights or streams.

Any help on tips, setups or video streams is appreciated :)

Last edited:

The_Kaiser-MSc

4 Times AOR PS4 Project CARS2 Champion!
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2017
Hello to all. As on invitation from @Michel--NL , here is my quick lap in Sonoma for Time Trial with Setup (thank's @NICK-NITRO to whom I copied it :p ) that anyway you can download directly from the game as it is in the top 30 in the world (and for now the first in the Indycar category).
I hope you enjoy the video and invite others drivers to also share your laps , setups, whenever possible, so that we can all learn and improve together.
Good championship everyone! :)

Last edited:

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Hello to all. As on invitation from @Michel--NL , here is my quick lap in Sonoma for Time Trial with Setup (thank's @NICK-NITRO to whom I copied it :p ) that anyway you can download directly from the game as it is in the top 30 in the world (and for now the first in the Indycar category).
I hope you enjoy the video and invite others drivers to also share your laps , setups, whenever possible, so that we can all learn and improve together.
Good championship everyone! :)
Thanks for sharing...I hope I can learn something from it :)

Reactions: The_Kaiser-MSc

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
For optimal tyre grip,Hot pressures on tyres for IndyCar is supposed to be 1.70 fronts and 1.45 rears but with that comes getting the brake temps right, too hot and the pressures rise, too cool and pressures fall, brake temps on entering the brake zone should be around 300 degrees Celsius.
Very trick on tracks like Indy rd to get brake temps right with the ducts as you have the large oval areas that cool the brakes to much but are perfect for the infield section, had it perfect during a practice on my own but come social race night, my rears lost lots of pressure on the rears.
so that's my learning experience so far , oh and to get gearing right for quali and a separate gear ratio for the race.

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017
For optimal tyre grip,Hot pressures on tyres for IndyCar is supposed to be 1.70 fronts and 1.45 rears but with that comes getting the brake temps right, too hot and the pressures rise, too cool and pressures fall, brake temps on entering the brake zone should be around 300 degrees Celsius.
Very trick on tracks like Indy rd to get brake temps right with the ducts as you have the large oval areas that cool the brakes to much but are perfect for the infield section, had it perfect during a practice on my own but come social race night, my rears lost lots of pressure on the rears.
so that's my learning experience so far , oh and to get gearing right for quali and a separate gear ratio for the race.
I thought optimal tyre pressure is 1.9 and brake temp for these cars between 600 - 1200 °C

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Do you know if the Indycars are having steel brakes or carbon brakes?

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
I thought optimal tyre pressure is 1.9 and brake temp for these cars between 600 - 1200 °C
Dirty copy paste from other source ;)
You should aim for around 390 degrees on your brakes when entering a big braking zone. Steel brakes have a optimal working temperature of about 600°C, while Carbon discs work best above 900 degrees. Below it steel is still decent but carbon brakes are really poor at low temps. Very high temperatures (>700 degrees for steel) give a slight reduction in brake performance but increase wear by a significant margin which you do not want in longer races.
That's why i like to know what kind of brake discs do they have :)

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017
Dirty copy paste from other source ;)
Heard this in a video of yorkie I believe. Have to get my information from somewhere :D
The game really should tell you what kind of brakes you have

Big-Kid-Daddy

Jan 14, 2014
According to this link is 1.7 and 1.45 for Indy and pretty sure @Yorkie065 has mentioned this link in his videos.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?57541-Project-CARS-2-Tyre-Pressures

As for brakes, my understanding is yes the carbon brakes of the open wheel cars have a higher range of temperature when you are fully committed to the pedal at end of brake zone but still need to be 300-350 Celsius just before you brake and this helps a steady tyre pressure.
I may be wrong?

Reactions: igor55

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017
According to this link is 1.7 and 1.45 for Indy and pretty sure @Yorkie065 has mentioned this link in his videos.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?57541-Project-CARS-2-Tyre-Pressures

As for brakes, my understanding is yes the carbon brakes of the open wheel cars have a higher range of temperature when you are fully committed to the pedal at end of brake zone but still need to be 300-350 Celsius just before you brake and this helps a steady tyre pressure.
I may be wrong?
That's the link I believe. I must have been confused :p I'm not sure about the brakes, I'm far from An expert in setups

Big-Kid-Daddy

Jan 14, 2014
That's the link I believe. I must have been confused :p I'm not sure about the brakes, I'm far from An expert in setups
Same here I'm far from an expert and picked up a couple of bits here n there .
I have noticed getting the pressures and brakes right though can find you a few tenths when moving from a scratch set up.

Just got the rest of the set ups to try and understand now :)

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014

I may be wrong?
Pretty much it.

zavtraleto

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 7, 2018
Guys, I've got question about authentic assists. There will be no TC and ABS in Season 3, right?

Edit: Ok I'm reading through rules one more time and answer is "yes" :)

• Agree
Reactions: FOGGY #7

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Guys, I've got question about authentic assists. There will be no TC and ABS in Season 3, right?

Edit: Ok I'm reading through rules one more time and answer is "yes" :)
I believe the IndyCars are not having ABD and TC. The Authenticate settings overrules it if you set TC or ABS to on in the settings.