AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 2 (Races 3/4) - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 2 (Races 3/4) - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

Finch

3-time AOR Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
Looking good... for 31.79% of the time
Desktop 09.19.2017 - 20.13.15.01.png

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
"We feel that whilst probably a bit optimistic and bit brave on lap 1, we feel that the move itself was actually fair move."

This is ridiculous tbh @StevieSQ
It wasn't even a "move" from Laurens. His car was damaged and he couldn't brake. It was a very dangerous divebomb, although not on purpose. If such moves are allowed then it will cause major chaos in upcoming races.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
"We feel that whilst probably a bit optimistic and bit brave on lap 1, we feel that the move itself was actually fair move."

This is ridiculous tbh @StevieSQ
It wasn't even a "move" from Laurens. His car was damaged and he couldn't brake. It was a very dangerous divebomb, although not on purpose. If such moves are allowed then it will cause major chaos in upcoming races.
Ultimately, Laurens didn't hit you. He made the apex. Alright, you had to turn out of it, but whether he meant to or not, Laurens didn't make contact with you.

I can't penalise a driver for making an overtake, (by accident or deliberate) when it results in no contact, and nothing bad came of it. The crash between you and Evan was unfortunate just because you were in Evan's blindspot and he couldn't see you and got the 'car left' call too late.

I suggested people take it steady on lap 1, and always will but like I said, I can't ban people overtaking or penalise someone because they did. If he'd creamed into the back of you or smacked into the side of you then sure, absolutely getting a penalty.

It was unfortunate. I can't penalise the "Could haves".

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
Ultimately, Laurens didn't hit you. He made the apex. Alright, you had to turn out of it, but whether he meant to or not, Laurens didn't make contact with you.
The reason he didn't hit me had nothing to do with his "passing move" but rather with my avoiding action while already fully steering into the corner. I think general rule is that you can only claim inside corner rights if you are side by side at turn in point.

So what you are saying with this now is that it is the responsibility of the driver in front to see the dive bomber coming and make an avoiding move, instead of the divebomber not actually divebomb someone on lap 1?

The fact that I avoided him doesn't make his move less dangerous.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Where is the video for this one?
it's on charlie whitings desk and I am family member of Ferrari.... :D :p

@Gunar Nijenhuis again, I wasnt divebombing on purpose...luckily I managed to hit the apex otherwise it would have been a real bad chaos with that amount of cars....so well avoided from you and unlucky you had contact with another car after that....again sorry m8

• Funny
Reactions: Gunar Nijenhuis

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
@Gunar Nijenhuis again, I wasnt divebombing on purpose...luckily I managed to hit the apex otherwise it would have been a real bad chaos with that amount of cars....so well avoided from you and unlucky you had contact with another car after that....again sorry m8

Yeah I know it wasn't on purpose mate so this is absolutely nothing personal. You admitted it was a mistake and I of course accept your apology. I just don't understand the explanation from the stewards :p

Reactions: Lorrentz

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Yeah I know it wasn't on purpose mate so this is absolutely nothing personal. You admitted it was a mistake and I of course accept your apology. I just don't understand the explanation from the stewards :p
I'm not sure what you expected when you put the enquiry in?

At most Laurens would get an informal warning, which changes nothing anyway.

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
I'm not sure what you expected when you put the enquiry in?

I expected the stewards to look at lap 1 mistakes, incidents and dangerous driving and be strict on it, considering the chaos we had.

Like I said, the fact that I avoided it, doesn't make the move less dangerous. 9 out of 10 times you don't see it coming and it's a massive pileup.

This is not even about Laurens anymore but about me not agreeing how the stewards judged the situation. Imo if you don't penalize people's over aggressive lap 1 moves and intentions, they will keep doing it and it will end up in crashes at some point

Lamoracke79

AOR iRacing Ferrari Season 2 Champion
Mar 27, 2016
Let's pray for our lord and savior Kaemmer to keep iRacing maintenance short that we can still practice before the race. Take our monies

Reactions: Finch

Nukka

1-time AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Oct 10, 2014
Oooooooh its raceday! So frickin pumped! Cya tonight lads!