AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 2 (Races 3/4) - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 2 (Races 3/4) - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Suprise... I think ultimately people just need to calm down. I'm not digging at anyone, it's just an observation
Actually, we had one guy spin on his own at turn 1, then we had one drop it at the second to last corner, one guy spun trying not to hit the guy who spun which I actually applaud rather than piling into him, and the final one spun having to go off-track to avoid it.

So only two cars actually spun by a mistake. I retract my "Y'all".

Reactions: Finch

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Actually, we had one guy spin on his own at turn 1, then we had one drop it at the second to last corner, one guy spun trying not to hit the guy who spun which I actually applaud rather than piling into him, and the final one spun having to go off-track to avoid it.

So only two cars actually spun by a mistake. I retract my "Y'all".
Fair enough, so there wasn't any cluster fucks this week then?

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Fair enough, so there wasn't any cluster fucks this week then?
There was a small crash at turn 1 on lap 1 in the sprint race, but at a quick glance, it was a simply racing incident.

I can take that.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
RACE REPORT YEAH

Sprint race:
Got a good start but like a lot of others I couldn't really do anything with it due to the narrow track. Went to the outside for turn 1, heard there was cars stopped/slow, I slowed and thought it was clear when suddenly KABOOM A WILD JANICK APPEARED. I had nowhere to go and despite losing most of my front bodywork... I seemed unaffected with my pace and actually went on to have a pretty fun race with Laurens and Ilkka.

Feature race:
Little miffed that Joonas decided take commit to trying to overtake on the outside of the kink, and then at the corkscrew... so much for taking it steady.

But then there was a lot of people spinning. A few laps later Tony made a pass on me. Then he clipped the kerb at the kink and spun to the inside, taking me with him. No biggie, these things happen.

Ultimately after the damage repairs there was little point in continuing.

MAN I WANNA FINISH A FEATURE RACE.

Last edited:

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
There was a small crash at turn 1 on lap 1 in the sprint race, but at a quick glance, it was a simply racing incident.

I can take that.
Well, I wish we could say the same for last week lol

Finch

3-time AOR Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
Sorry for the DSQ guys my head went after what happened to me on lap 1 and with steering damage it was nearly impossible for me to brake

Lamoracke79

AOR iRacing Ferrari Season 2 Champion
Mar 27, 2016
I also spun trying to avoid Janick on lap 1. Feature race is all about getting to the front quick and I trusted that I can go outside into the kink and it worked. I was ahead into the corkscrew so no way I will yield that one :).

Nukka

1-time AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Oct 10, 2014
Well well well. First off, the sprint race was kinda ok, made up a couple of positions and finished P10. Allthough i maybe had a little bit more pace there wasnt really much to do other than sit and wait for mistakes, which overall, i think everyone did pretty well.

Feature; lol, embarresing not knowing how the game works. Had a good start, was cruising in P3 when i decided that making a "undercut" and fuel up the car real good was a good idea, unfortunately i now know what "max 50%" means. On top of that i managed to get myself a speeding ticket on the way out. After i served that i was a lap down and deadlast in like 19th, decided to finish the race either way and came home in 14th (not thanks to my excellent driving obviously). Well, was a real treat to drive anyway. Unfortunately im gonna miss the next one due to nightjob :(. soooooooooo cu in 2 weeks .

Sprint:
Feature:

Finch

3-time AOR Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
Sorry but this is the attitude that can cause accidents. It's a 45 minute race, there's absolutely no need to rush to the front.
Seems like a few had the idea that lap 1 wins the race on lap 1 in both races the same person divebombed me at the hardest corner on the track (T5)

Lamoracke79

AOR iRacing Ferrari Season 2 Champion
Mar 27, 2016
Sorry but this is the attitude that can cause accidents. It's a 45 minute race, there's absolutely no need to rush to the front.
That is true, yet I haven't caused accidents on lap 1 yet. If I **** up I'll happily admit it, but I am here to race and I know I am aggressive. You just simply can't sit passively trough the race, you gotta make moves when you know you can get out of them even if they backfire. If you no longer go for a gap etc.

Simon Underhill

Formula Karter
Sep 11, 2017
Seems like a few had the idea that lap 1 wins the race on lap 1 in both races the same person divebombed me at the hardest corner on the track (T5)
Harrison, I wouldn't have said a divebomb but a risky overtake I admit. At the time there was a gap and had a bit of a run up the inside and decided to try and make it stick. If in anyway I feel it wouldn't have worked then I would have backed right off. Anyways, isn't rubbing racing?

But I take your point and will consider the possible implication next time and think twice maybe