AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 4 (Races 7/8) - SEBRING AT NIGHT OMG | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 4 (Races 7/8) - SEBRING AT NIGHT OMG

Simon Underhill

Formula Karter
Sep 11, 2017
Scrappy week this week. Finished 6th in the Sprint race after been involved in the first lap incident between my team mate and Kai-Uwe Basener so I was quite happy with the end result seen as it was from the back more or less.

As for the feature race, @StevieSQ spinning net-coded my car (there was definitely no physical touch) and I spun. I then tried to recover by spinning it around and ended up behind @Alehud42 just as he was trying to recover by reversing lol. Anyway, yet another back of the grid run with some spins, collecting some damage from someone at the entrance to the back straight. Great battle with a car that was down on power with @evanzo7 (I think thats you - Evan RT Imray), some good side by side driving, very clean, thanks. Finished 8th. Not the best result but quite please considering it was from the back again.

Here's to Snetterton where I have only driven 2 laps of so far (Eeeeeek)

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
@Gxbbs Get on the mic and tell us if you have a hardware issue - it was effin retarded where you would go back past then you were slowing the middle of the straight for nae reason
Apologies I was trying to fix it on the go, thought I had so I overtook you again and then boom its back. Sorry again.

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Great battle with a car that was down on power with @evanzo7 (I think thats you - Evan RT Imray), some good side by side driving, very clean, thanks.
No I'm @Erti147 - hence e.r.t.imray...but yeah I had 2mins of optional aero damage - though I was still faster I decided to try and make moves where I didn't really need to and should of waited for the straight but kept making mistakes through frustration of the whole night

Reactions: Simon Underhill

Knallerbs

Pro Karter
Jun 9, 2017
I had a... funny race...
In Lap 2 both Racing Community Fire cars was in love and both came to close to each other... I think we can call it "friendly fire" :D

After this my car was damaged. But I could have some nice fights.

Fight 1 with Nukka, Dion Philips and me. Nice move to pass both of us Dion!

Also nice Dion... but @Richtofen Darrrrrrren... you killed our great fight :mad:

Thanks to @Nukka and @Dion Phillips for the great battles!

To my teammate @Kuwe .....: NOOOOOOOB :D

I think this is what we all want to have. Great fights. Please let us try to get those fights in future races and not the bullshit like in Lap 1 from this feature race.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Man, I'm getting real sick of this ****.

Of the 7 races I've started this season, I've finished 3, and only one DNF was my own ****-up. That's pretty rough to take.

It is particularly rough to take considering I sit here trying to make slightly entertaining race-threads, dealing with stewards enquiries that seem to be making absolutely no difference whatsoever and trying to make an engaging and fun forum to hang out on.

I utterly, utterly adore driving this car. I feel like I can actually push it and it responds as I want it to. Even on tracks I dislike, I can tolerate them because the car does what I want it to.

Before this season, in this series I had never had two consecutive DNF's. The majority of my DNF's last season were me fighting my own demons and giving up when I shouldn't, stressing over the lack of attendance we were getting.

And whilst I've made a few silly little mistakes of my own this season (Sprint race tonight case in point, braking too late at the hairpin and spinning from an easy 4th), I have only one time ruined my own race completely - at the feature race in Road Atlanta at the crap corner.

Every week I approach the evening as best I can with positive vibes and a seemingly silly optimistic notion that all will go well this week.

Last season it took us until round 7, ROUND 7!, to have a 'big one'. That was caused by a mistake by an experienced driver who has not done anything like it before, or since. Now every fucking week, one race, the other or both.

Road Atlanta sprint - I was out in 13 seconds, this time I bet it was less.

In that session, I spent longer doing the formation lap than I did racing. That is not why I set this league up, it is not why I (along with Evan) went halfsies on setting the league up. It is not why I turn up each week. It is not what I want to continue.

Dennis said it last week, I don't know whether some people just think because it doesn't affect safety rating or iRating, that it doesn't matter and just drive stupid.

I am fighting every part of my mind that wants to quit and I'm not because I'm not going to lower myself to that level, not yet anyway. I will do what I can to try and lead by example, and turn up every week if I can, race clean and enjoy myself. I want so desperately to enjoy racing again but at the minute it's just not happening.

I'm not even angry anymore, I'm just disappointed. I'm not naming names, and it's not an attack on anybody. I accept mistakes happen, I've made enough to know that. But I've just had enough of this.

Last edited:

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Following on from what Steve said, I never had a DSQ in both iRacing leagues combined, but now I have 2. Official races are actually cleaner atm - am not sure I can actually tolerate much more - but I continue because the car is good

anyway, here's the most entertaining part of the night when my mic didn't work through discord

Passero

Pro Karter
Apr 30, 2017
In the first lap I always try to be very careful and don't mind about losing places. I'll get them back if I'm quicker anyway...
Something that amazes me in every race so far is the lack of "respect" for yellow flags.
As soon as I see a yellow, I slow down and prepare to avoid whatever lays ahead of me but more often than not, people see this as an opportunity to overtake and gain spots... No wonder we see huge pile ups...

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Wow...it's a good thing I started NEO practise on wednesday evenings :D

Nukka

1-time AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Oct 10, 2014
So, feeling really bad about last night. Especially since we have been talking much about being careful etc, being the one causing carnage does obviously not feeling good and something im truly sorry about.

The situation itself was caused because i lost the car in T1, the initial spin i dont really feel bad about since i didnt go particulary fast or anything. Its the thing after that bothers me, when i couldnt keep calm and juat keep going straight backwards facing everyone. That I am sorry for, and honestly, embarresing terrible act.

However, looking at the big picture i know im generally a clean driver that rarely do aggresive moves. I would say that i most of the time is generous with leaving doors open, and is aware of incoming dives, so im sure with this experience i will improve even more.

Furthermore, @StevieSQ you are doing a great job, and i feel with you and the bad luck you have had so far. I - and im sure im not the only one - really appreciate the hard job you and the other cods are doing and i hope you can find the spirit again after (hopefully) a good race next week!

Dion Phillips

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 26, 2017
I had a... funny race...
In Lap 2 both Racing Community Fire cars was in love and both came to close to each other... I think we can call it "friendly fire" :D

After this my car was damaged. But I could have some nice fights.

Fight 1 with Nukka, Dion Philips and me. Nice move to pass both of us Dion!

Also nice Dion... but @Richtofen Darrrrrrren... you killed our great fight :mad:

Thanks to @Nukka and @Dion Phillips for the great battles!

To my teammate @Kuwe .....: NOOOOOOOB :D

I think this is what we all want to have. Great fights. Please let us try to get those fights in future races and not the bullshit like in Lap 1 from this feature race.

Was good fun up until that shocking rejoin, funny thing is I lost loads of places through waiting to rejoin safely then had my race ended by someone who didn't.

Think i'll give it one last try next week and see if things improve. At the moment it's really not worth the effort tbh :(

Richtofen

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 22, 2016
Also nice Dion... but @Richtofen Darrrrrrren... you killed our great fight
Yeah I did and I'm very sorry about that. I was having a shitty night and at that point had managed to turn my relative timing off and couldn't see anyone coming from the angle I was at. It was a stupid rejoin.

centro

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 19, 2015
One hour practise just isnt enough.

Sprint race: managed to avoid all the incidents on turn 2 but in the next corner my spotter said clear left so I started to turn left more, but someone had sneaked there and we hit each other and both of us spun. Few cars collied with me while trying to avoid me. Had too much damage and couldnt continue.

Feature went better. Took a cut track penalty on lap 2 and lost few places there. Did okayish laps after that and managed to get into p5 in the end.