AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 5 (Races 9/10) - Snettertertertterterton 300 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 5 (Races 9/10) - Snettertertertterterton 300

Nukka

1-time AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Oct 10, 2014
Dont think the track is that bad but. Honestly starting to give up a little bit. I dont count on doing toptimes but being 3-4 seconds off the pace and dont even feel that im doing that bad laps is a little bit depressing tbh.

• Agree
Reactions: Knallerbs

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
How does a qualy ban mean start from the pits!? qaly ban implies you start at the back of the grid...

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
How does a qualy ban mean start from the pits!? qaly ban implies you start at the back of the grid...
Because he isn't serving a qualifying ban, but is serving a double pit-lane start. It's carried over from Road Atlanta as he wasn't here for Sebring.

Reactions: Gxbbs

Lamoracke79

AOR iRacing Ferrari Season 2 Champion
Mar 27, 2016
Dont think the track is that bad but. Honestly starting to give up a little bit. I dont count on doing toptimes but being 3-4 seconds off the pace and dont even feel that im doing that bad laps is a little bit depressing tbh.
I recommend using VRS. It allows you to compare your lap times against telemetry driven by a pro. Free version allows you to analyze telemetry once for a 4 hour period and subscription options are 4.99$/month for a single data pack (series) available all the time and 9.99$/month for every data pack all the time. VRS is the main way I get faster and it allows super simple and easy way to compare telemetry, which shows you exactly where you are losing time.

Richtofen

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 22, 2016
I'm gonna have to miss this one out, sadly. Got a lot of work to do for uni that can't wait. Sorry about the short notice. I'll be back for Imola.

• Informative
Reactions: Stevie

Nukka

Oct 10, 2014
I recommend using VRS. It allows you to compare your lap times against telemetry driven by a pro. Free version allows you to analyze telemetry once for a 4 hour period and subscription options are 4.99$/month for a single data pack (series) available all the time and 9.99$/month for every data pack all the time. VRS is the main way I get faster and it allows super simple and easy way to compare telemetry, which shows you exactly where you are losing time.
I use their setups and watch the hotlaps a little bit. Cant see how the f im losing 4seconds tho. :D

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Just a heads up about the new approach from the stewards.

Both Evan and I are getting really, really fed up with people going for silly divebombs, and stupid driving so early on in the race and the results mean that the rest of the pack suffer and the chance of collision raises immensely.

Just because an opportunity is perhaps there, remember you don't have to take it. If you get it wrong you'll cause a biggie.

As I mentioned in the race thread last week. What really sucks, and is wholly unfair, is that it seems to be the same people being taken out having done nothing wrong. That is what I'm sick of.

It is so unfair, because all that happens, is that those who don't cause trouble, turn up every week and generally just want to have a good time end up losing motivation and then leave, meaning it ends with those who continually cause incidents left in the field and those who are too stubborn to leave.

I was so angry last week. So absolutely furious I doubted whether I wanted to continue with this.

So this is why from now on, first offence or not. If you're found to have caused a collision, you will be hit with a qualifying ban.

If you make a mistake which causes a lot of cars to take damage or go out because of the resulting carnage, you will be hit with a qualifying ban.

Unless an incident is very, very clearly a racing incident, then it's likely someone will be penalised.

First offence, qualifying ban,
second offence, pit-lane starts,
third offence - We'll have a chat.

Remember - especially in the feature race - it's a 45 minute race, there is so much time to make progress through the field. I totally understand that lap 1 is a good opportunity to make some places, but not at the expense of 7/8 cars each week.

Going from 17th to 8th in one lap is impressive - not if you only overtook one of them.

I've had enough of it and it's going to stop one way or another.

Nukka

Oct 10, 2014
Sooooooooooo... Are you guys using any voicecom during races?

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
I assume some people sit in their own groups in discord/skype/private voice channels

• Burn
Reactions: Nukka

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
Okay so a few laps in and I very much understand why nobody likes the 300 layout. It's annoying but manageable, unlike CotA where I was constantly angry with every corner...

Reactions: Simon Underhill