AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 8 (Races 15/16) - Autódromo José Carlos Pace | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 8 (Races 15/16) - Autódromo José Carlos Pace

Simon Underhill

Formula Karter
Sep 11, 2017
What happened to 21:00 feature race start, just noticed its been bought forward to 20:47!!!!!!

No chance of me racing then!! Didnt see that change in the rules!
[DOUBLEPOST=1509569130][/DOUBLEPOST]As you can tell, i'm a bit annoyed at my PC at the mo.
[DOUBLEPOST=1509569163][/DOUBLEPOST]AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
What happened to 21:00 feature race start, just noticed its been bought forward to 20:47!!!!!!

No chance of me racing then!! Didnt see that change in the rules!
[DOUBLEPOST=1509569130][/DOUBLEPOST]As you can tell, i'm a bit annoyed at my PC at the mo.
[DOUBLEPOST=1509569163][/DOUBLEPOST]AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Remember the 10 minute warm-up, the race will start at 20:57

Richtofen

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 22, 2016
Rip-a-doodle-doo.

Actually had decent pace here and had a brilliant sprint race battle with Magnus, but the feature went downhill after a few laps running in 5th or thereabouts when tradingpaints decided to stop working and pop up on my screen and minmized the window right in the middle of a fucking corner and I promptly lost it.

Was in a close fight for the top 10 after pitstops but Saso went wide into turn 1 and I tried to sling it round the outside of 2 but we touched on the exit and ended both our races. Not really sure who was at fault as he made the mistake into 1 and was deep into 2, but equally I could have let off the throttle a bit as well.

Lost a good chunk of points tonight.

Simon Underhill

Formula Karter
Sep 11, 2017
Heres a view from my perspective on a couple of points in the race.

Lap 1

Coming together with Joonas O Vastamaki (Racing incident?)

Throwing a curve ball to Saso Prosen I think it was.

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
GREAT sprint.

I ruined the feature.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Slightly miffed iRacing decided I'd done a bad on my second lap in qualifying. Pretty sure I didn't off track it but it disallowed it.

First race, caught up too late to @Neil Bamber and then the car just lost grip through the second to last corner and I've no idea.

But all is forgiven because the second race. Fair little fight with @Meireloso for the lead. I was probably too cautious, but I didn't want to mess it up but all was good after that. Then I actually held the lead for a while which was surprising. Actually let @Rin Hato through at one point but then she blew it.

Ended up having a little 3 way ding-dong with her and @McPhilen on lap 10, but conceded to the latter at turn 4. Held Sara up until the pit-stops, when she got a penalty, something else happened to the @Saso. Knowing early on @Erti147 was going to get me with the undercut, I basically had third in the bag. I was concerned about @Simon Underhill catching but it was all good.

First podium at one of my favourite tracks, super happy.

Goes to show that it's about picking your fights. My pace was steady, but consistent, I made few mistakes and only fought Sara, because she's ahead of me in the standings and I don't like it. I didn't do anything stupid when fighting her.

Finch

3-time AOR Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
Still yet to finish a feature race yay didn’t even make T2 this time :(

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
No bad quali lap for 4th. Overtook Kai at the start and was up in third, tho he passed me a few laps later. He started lagging though and then spun out later. Held off Sara and Finch for 3rd.

Avoided things at the start of the feature. Passed a few people and then pitted at almost the earliest opportunity. Came out in a bit of free air, but caught up to guys ahead and luckily a couple of them pitted so the traffic wasn't that bad. came out in 2nd after all the pitstops and brought it home.

Gid haul of pts. But aye good job fri @McPhilen for only the 2nd double of the league's small history and no bad job by @StevieSQ for the podium ayeeee

Saso

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 7, 2017
I spun in turn 1 cause I'm stupid...
I must be ultra stupid then since i did the same in both races :D

I had solid pace but my own mistakes cost me in both races. I have to practice more than few laps before the race but this week baby Beagle haven't let me do it :)

Last edited: