AOR iRacing Ferrari Challenge Championship & Ford - Sign Up & Info | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing Ferrari Challenge Championship & Ford - Sign Up & Info

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014

Introduction:
Continuing on from the inaugural successful GT League through iRacing for AOR. We bring you Season 2 of the Ferrari yadda yadda yadda and Ford!

Let's be honest here. Attendance wasn't great, so whilst we plan to see the season through to the end, if attendance drops to a certain level, the we won't continue the series on. BUT HEY IT'S A NEW SEASON WOOOOOOOOLETSGO.

Pretty much everything is the same as Season 1, but there are a couple of new rules added:

- Reverse grid
The coordinators have the power to exclude a driver from the reverse grid if we feel that their pace would present a risk to those behind. We will take into account practice times and qualifying times and general race pace before making a decision.

- Choosing your line.
More than one change of direction to defend a position is not permitted. Any driver moving back towards the racing line, having earlier defended their position off-line, should leave at least one car width between their own car and the edge of the track on the approach to the corner. Any driver defending their position on a straight, and before any braking area, may use the full width of the track during their first move, provided no significant portion of the car attempting to pass is alongside theirs. Whilst defending in this way the driver may not leave the track without justifiable reason. For the avoidance of doubt, if any part of the front bodywork of the car attempting to pass is alongside the rear wheel of the car in front this will be deemed to be a ‘significant portion’.

Additionally, being classified for half points has been reduced from 75% to 60%.

General Information:

What day and time do events start?
Race nights will begin every Wednesday from 19:00 UK time (BST), with qualifying commencing at 20:00.

When will the season start? The first race of the season will run in the first week of the 2017 S4 season. The race calendar follows the official iRacing schedule. More info here.

What are the entry requirements? You will need to have a licence class of D Class 4.00 or above. You are free to sign up during pre-season regardless, but you will be denied entry upon the start of the season if you do not meet the requirement. You are also expected to be active on the forum in order to receive the latest updates.

How do I register as part of a team? Simply state your team preferences in this thread - the name of your team and name of the driver you're teaming up with. There will be a maximum of 2 drivers per team at any one time. Drivers can be changed but this will need to be authorised by the League Coordinators.

How many spaces are available?
There will be a maximum of 36 spaces, with a reserve list (maximum of 10 at one time). If all of the spaces have been allocated, the sign up thread will be closed until a seat has been vacated.

What happens if I'm on the reserve list? There will be ten places on the reserve lists. When we hit 10 reserves, then we will close sign ups.

How is the Championship structured? The Championship consists of 12 race nights including a Feature Race and a Sprint Race at the same circuit.

There will be two drop weeks, meaning that the points score from your two worst race nights (Feature Race and Sprint Race combined) will be dropped at the completion of the season.

Race night structure?
● 60-minute practice session
● 10-minute lone qualifying (maximum 3 laps allowed)
● 20-minute Sprint race // Grid based on Qualifying order // Standing start
---
● 10-minute warm-up
● 45-minute Feature Race // Grid based on reversed qualifying order* // Rolling start

*The Feature race grid is based off reverse qualifying order. If a driver fails to set a valid qualifying time they are excluded from the reverse grid.

More details can be found in the rules thread.

Are setups permitted?
The Championship is open to setup modification.

What is the points system? The points system is the same for both races. In addition to normal points for finishing positions, one additional point is handed out for pole position (Race 1 only), fastest lap and completing a race with 0x incidents.

Full details on points scoring can be found in the rules thread.

Are there any recommended files to download? If you so wish to create your own team livery you can find the Ford GT 2017/Ferrari 488 GTE templates under the "Paint" section of the iRacing website. Trading Paints is recommended to upload and show off your livery on race nights as well as making the rest of the grid look suited and booted!

Driver List:
Please make your entry in the following format:
Number preference - Name - Nationality - Car - Team (if applicable) - Licence

Car #1 is reserved for the Season 1 Champion - Patrick Heinrich. Drivers who competed last season get priority of their previously used number if they want it. Have a look at the available driver numbers here.

You will also need to sign up to the league via iRacing here

19/36 spaces taken

Full time drivers:
  1. #007 - Simon Underhill @Simon Underhill - UK - NOMAD Sim Racing Yellow - A 2.xx (488)
  2. #2 - Phil Reid @McPhilen - UK - Legends Racing Wide - A 1.34 (488)
  3. #16 - Illka Kattilakoski @centro - Finland - Scuderia Lento - A 2.13 (488)
  4. #17 - Ryan D Walker @rdwalker77 - UK - NOMAD Sim Racing Yellow - A 3.xx (488)
  5. #22 - Evan RT Imray @Erti147 - UK - FisChris Bum Brigade - A 2.56 (488)
  6. #29 - Darren Potter @Richtofen - UK - Kackerlackasacapuntas - X.XX (488)
  7. #41 - Harrison Finch @Finch - UK - Elite Sim Racing - C 3.09 (488)
  8. #42 - Alec Hudson @Alehud42 - UK - TBA - C 3.28 (488)
  9. #45 - Neil Bamber @Neil Bamber - UK - Privateer - B2.15 (488)
  10. #53 - Adam Tierney @UrBaNz Octane x - UK&I - FisChris Bum Brigade - A 4.75 (488)
  11. #75 - Saso Prosen @Saso - Slovenia - Sasing Racing Team - A 2.25 (488)
  12. #83 - Stevie Chambers @StevieSQ - UK - Kackerlackasacapuntas - B 3.46 (488)
  13. #85 - Dennis Andlauer @Knallerbs - Germany - RacingCommunity.de Fire - A 4.25 (GT)
  14. #94 - Alexis Meireloso @Meireloso - France - Equipe Normandie - A 3.33 (488)
  15. #96 - Robin Steffers - The Netherlands - Ferrari GTE - Privateer - A3.86
  16. #99 - Magnus Vallström @Nukka - Sweden - Elite Sim Racing - C 3.39 (488)
  17. #177 - Sara Dove @Rin Hato - UK - Legends Racing Wide - B 4.42 (488)
  18. #698 - Andrew Langham-Service @Corbs - UK - RevolutionSimRacing - A 2.20 (488)
  19. #790 - Joonas O Vastamäki @Lamoracke79 - Finland - Scuderia Lento - A 2.xx (488)
Reserves:
- #43 - Kristian Takacs - Norway - Independent - A x.xx (488)

Last edited:

Lamoracke79

AOR iRacing Ferrari Season 2 Champion
Mar 27, 2016
#790 - Joonas O Vastamäki - Finland - A 2.xx

As a though. Why not exclude drivers who can't get meet the 107% rule from reverse grid? Would be easier to to be consistent if there is need to exclude drivers due to slower pace so that nobody feels they are mistreated since the rules are clear. Doesn't have to be 107%, can be some other percentage as well.

Reactions: Stevie

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
#790 - Joonas O Vastamäki - Finland - A 2.xx

As a though. Why not exclude drivers who can't get meet the 107% rule from reverse grid? Would be easier to to be consistent if there is need to exclude drivers due to slower pace so that nobody feels they are mistreated since the rules are clear. Doesn't have to be 107%, can be some other percentage as well.
It's just difficult to put a number on it. 107% meant 8 seconds off the pace at Spa for example, which is scary. I don't want to have to change the percentage week-to-week, because that's a lot of maths, but I equally don't want to get that percentage wrong and then we end up with someone who is quite slow and up front because I got it wrong.

We'll just use our eyes and make a judgement and if someone feels they've been done wrong then they can appeal it and make their opinion heard. To be fair, there are only a couple of instances where I would have used it last season.

It's just a safety precaution really and I hope people understand that if I exercise this power it's because I want them to finish the race and I want others to finish the race. Not for any personal problem or anything.

Last edited:

Nukka

1-time AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Oct 10, 2014
Number preference 18 - Name Magnus Vallström - Nationality Sweden - Car Ferrari - Team open for suggestions- Licence D 3.6ish, C2. 5 when s4 starts if ive figured everything out right.

Last edited:

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Number preference 18 - Name Magnus Vallström - Nationality Sweden - Car Ferrari - Team Free agent - Licence D 3.6ish, C2. 5 when s4 starts if ive figured everything out right.
When you say, free agent, do you mean the team is called Free Agent, or are you a Free Agent?

Also @Rin Hato has first call on #18 since she used it last time, have a look at the newly made Ferrari Driver Number list to see what's available.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Yes please i am in again :) anyone wanna team up with me?

#21- laurens de rijk - netherlands - TBC - a 3.x

Ferrari afkorsszzzz

centro

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 19, 2015
#16 - Ilkka Kattilakoski - Finland - TBD - TBD - A 2.13

I'll let you know which car im gonna take after i decide. Dont have team yet but im open to suggestions :)

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Yes please i am in again :) anyone wanna team up with me?

#21- laurens de rijk - netherlands - TBC - a 3.x

Ferrari afkorsszzzz
#16 - Ilkka Kattilakoski - Finland - TBD - TBD - A 2.13

I'll let you know which car im gonna take after i decide. Dont have team yet but im open to suggestions :)
Yes boys

Nukka

1-time AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Oct 10, 2014
Dumb question maybe, but what date is the class promotions going out?

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Dumb question maybe, but what date is the class promotions going out?
I think it's the end of Week 13, start of S4, so probably Monday 11th/Tuesday 12th possibly.

Richtofen

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 22, 2016
#29 - Darren Potter - UK - Ferrari GTE - Team TBA - Unless Stevie is happy for me to continue driving for [insert name I can't pronounce here]