AOR iRacing GTE League Season 4 - General Discussion | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing GTE League Season 4 - General Discussion

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016

AOR iRacing GTE League Season 4
General Discussion

Hello drivers, spectators and other interested parties!

With Season 4 still a few weeks away and sign ups ongoing, we felt, we are missing a place for all discussions, comments, excitement, car selection and general hype.

So, here you go!

Share your thoughts, discuss your goals, talk cars :)

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
I'm a bit dissapointed about the IMSA:iLMS ratio.I would have preferred one week IMSA,one week iLMS,with a couple of adjustments for repetitions.
Thanks for the feedback.

We looked at what tracks are driven when, avoid running the same track twice in one season, have road Atlanta alongside the Petit Le Mans schedule - and I believe we came up with the best possible GTE calendar. It may not be equally split between iLMS and IMSA but I believe that has less importance :)

Niclas Domino

iRacing Overlay Designer & AC Skin Creator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
Last season, i believe it was @Niclas Domino who had the idea to place different coloured signs on each car representing its class. I still think thats a great idea, you instantly see if the car in front of you is in the same class or not.
Yea and i still think it is a good idea, and it is not that difficult to btw, but i diden get the support from the community to do it last time. But if there is support from you all, we can easily get it to work :)

Reactions: Bucefal and Witte29

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
If you don't have TP Pro you won't be able to see the class colours.

Niclas Domino

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
If you don't have TP Pro you won't be able to see the class colours.
Yes you will this is without TP Pro :) for this to work we are not going to use TP at all

Jukks

AOR iRacing GTE S3 Pro-AM Champion
Jun 20, 2018
You can get a custom decal layer by putting one in your iracing paints folder and renaming it car_decal_123456 where 123456 is your customer id. It needs to be a 32bit .tga file with an alpha layer. You just need to have one for each driver with their customer id in your paint folder.

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Sounds doable.

Decals aside, how are you guys feeling about the cars? I’m still wondering about my car pick but leaning towards the Ferrari.

Are you undecided or made a choice? If so, what’s the rationale behind your car choice?

Jukks

AOR iRacing GTE S3 Pro-AM Champion
Jun 20, 2018
The ferrari is great but it may come with questionable pit strategies which can cost you victories so just be wary of that ;)

Honestly I chose the ferrari just because I like the sound and look of it

Reactions: Stephan

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Heh, I won’t listen to strategy advise on discord but rather use my fuel calculator ;)

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
You can get a custom decal layer by putting one in your iracing paints folder and renaming it car_decal_123456 where 123456 is your customer id. It needs to be a 32bit .tga file with an alpha layer. You just need to have one for each driver with their customer id in your paint folder.
I was sure that other people's decal layers didn't show up if you didnt have Pro but I could be wrong, idk

Niclas Domino

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
I was sure that other people's decal layers didn't show up if you didnt have Pro but I could be wrong, idk
Trading Paints is a program that downloads other skins, Pro only gives you so you can chance decals and downloade them, it doesn't control what you can and can't see. It is only the files in you're documents :D

Argon

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2016
How do you even get custom numbers and the windshield banner to show up? I thought you said @Niclas Domino that iRacing overrides it? It does for me anyway.

Niclas Domino

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
How do you even get custom numbers and the windshield banner to show up? I thought you said @Niclas Domino that iRacing overrides it? It does for me anyway.
It do, when you are using TP. If we use a skin pack i can add decal layers like @Jukks is takling about. This also means that you can remove the Big Ford logo on the front of the Ford :)

Witte29

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 13, 2017
I read in Some peoples feedback about broadcasting. There is currently a dono goal for the broadcast of Formula Renault, perhaps we can do the same for this league?

Reactions: Jukks