PC - AOR PC Assist League 1 - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC Assist League 1 - Main Thread

Maddog40

PC F1 Assist League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Feb 13, 2017
Alright Np.

Cheers everyone for the footage and screenshots, I might be able to work out something from this. Expect an announcement in the near future :)

TheLazyLama

Pro Karter
Aug 16, 2017
Hey guys, I don't know how to say this really but I'll try to be as clear and straight forward as possible.

I've been having heart-rhythmic problems during intense sporting activities since about two years now, which luckily hasn't been a problem in my day to day life. I have done multiple tests over the last few months since the problems have become more frequent (about two/three times a week instead of randomly) and they finally have got the problem on tape, so I'll be having surgery next Tuesday to permanently get rid of it.

For the ones interested in the specifics here they are:
-They'll be performing an ablation, removing/burning a second (excess) Atrioventricular-Node
-The excess node activates under the influence of adrenaline, starting a loop with the normal AV-Node
-When in the loop my heartbeat is higher then Burj Khalifa, measured high at 279 BPM
-Entry via the thigh, so no open heart surgery luckily (AKA no scars)
-I need to be awake during the procedure to produce my own adrenaline, which will be interesting to say the least :p
-Before the removal Mr. Surgeon will give me some good 'ol Morphine, the real MVP

After staying in the hospital for one night I can go home, but I can't do much as I'm not allowed to put pressure on my leg (the artery through which they enter needs time to heal properly so there is no internal bleeding afterwards). This is the reason I won't be able to race and/or until the start of 2018. I'm going to miss the racing, but I will be active on the forum and steam to check how you guys are doing. Just to let you know one last time, this isn't something life-threatening but something I wanted to get done and over with so I can continue giving 120% while playing football.

Now go and get racing already :p,

TheLazyLama
@FisiFan91 @Maddog40 @JERRY @pipo @McQuillan @Wesseltl123 @Rick Vige @karnak07 @Jezza @edge @Attakajakka @Ferrius @BDave17 @Jacob Isaac @yobbo
Ok, so a quick update.

Turns out three doctors working in the operating room I was supposed to get surgery from are sick (Just my luck...), because of this the surgery has been rescheduled and will now be done January 2nd. Timing wise this is a bit worse and I will miss the Hungarian GP as a result, but it means the end of the year is a bit more enjoyable (had to cancel 9 things before, which I can attend now).

Thank you guys for the support and comforting messages, I really appreciate it!

• Optimistic
Reactions: yobbo

TheLazyLama

Pro Karter
Aug 16, 2017
Hey guys,

It's now been a week since I had the heart surgery. Everything went well and the procedure seems to be successful (We'll know for sure when I start training again), I found most of it not to be that painful at all and the surgeons had a good sense of humor. With that being said though, the sensation of your heartbeat being externally controlled to trigger the rhythmic-disorder still is a bit weird but at the same time amazing to me. They needed a lot more adrenaline then expected to trigger it though and my heartbeat was unbelievably high during the process, 320 BPM to be precise (I thought that wasn´t even physically possible tbh :unsure:). No morphine was needed since the adrenaline combined with my pain threshold apparently was enough to make me feel comfortable the entire time.

Afterwards the lead-surgeon showed me some stuff they used and asked me if I understood all the info on the display, which was very interesting to see and talk about (not if you can't stand blood, needles and seeing "remote controlled robot noodles" in your body via röntgen though :p). Let's just say it was an interesting/special experience in general.

Recovery is going well. I was very tired the first two days afterwards, but right now my thigh feels the same as after long and heavy exercise, which isn't weird considering they went straight through the muscles to get to the artery in order to reach the heart. The entry wound is relatively small and shouldn't leave any permanent scarring. If anyone has questions or anything just DM me and I'll try to answer as quick as possible.

I'll be able to join and host the lobby as usual next sunday and I'll see you guys there, LET'S RACE!
@FisiFan91 @Maddog40 @JERRY @pipo @McQuillan @Wesseltl123 @Rick Vige @karnak07 @Jezza @edge @Attakajakka @Ferrius @BDave17 @Jacob Isaac @yobbo

Maddog40

PC F1 Assist League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Feb 13, 2017
You really need to stop tagging yobbo :D

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Driver Update:

- @boxen has been removed from the league due to uninformed no-shows.