PC - AOR PC F1 League - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC F1 League - Main Thread

King-kodiak

AOR Head Commentator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
May 10, 2016
Following from last nights restartathon, I want to make a few points clear to all drivers. Several times in the past I've had drivers message me for an invite after the game has started. This isn't possible. I have no option to invite drivers to a session after it has started, and I believe it isn't possible to join through stream. I want to make it clear here that I am not a coordinator. I do not have the authority nor ability to restart a session, nor can I invite a driver into the game after it has started. Having drivers messaging me during the stream is very disruptive, as the pause menu pops up when I answer a steam message.

I think this emphasises the needs for all drivers to be in Discord during the race, as if a driver experiences a problem that may have gone unnoticed, as happened last night, then this can be communicated to the necessary parties. This is NOT my responsibility as the commentator, so I am not accepting drivers getting angry at me about the situation, as I have no power to do anything about it. I am not naming names, this has happened several times in the past.

Also, all drivers being in Discord means that when the post-race interviews come around, we have people to talk to.

Brendon Leigh

2-time AOR F1 Champion & F1 Esports Champion
Mar 4, 2016
I know i am not someone who makes the rules but here is my take on last weekends events.
I think going forward if you lag out after the session has started ( so when the pre lobby count down hits 0) no matter what the lobby or session will not be restarted for you, At this point this is your problem and only your problem.
If it was like this last weekend i would not reacted the way i did as i would known there is nothing that can be done.
I hope you can consider this as a good way to move forward in the rules of the league, I know its not my place to say but i feel it would help make the rules more stable and more consistent.

King-kodiak

AOR Head Commentator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
May 10, 2016
I know i am not someone who makes the rules but here is my take on last weekends events.
I think going forward if you lag out after the session has started ( so when the pre lobby count down hits 0) no matter what the lobby or session will not be restarted for you, At this point this is your problem and only your problem.
If it was like this last weekend i would not reacted the way i did as i would known there is nothing that can be done.
I hope you can consider this as a good way to move forward in the rules of the league, I know its not my place to say but i feel it would help make the rules more stable and more consistent.
I don't think there is an issue with restarting before qually laps are set, as per the current rules, as we want as many on the grid as possible, it's just a shame that your disconnection wasn't seen in time before people set qually laps.

Brendon Leigh

Mar 4, 2016
I don't think there is an issue with restarting before qually laps are set, as per the current rules, as we want as many on the grid as possible, it's just a shame that your disconnection wasn't seen in time before people set qually laps.
1) My disconnect was seen in time just it wasn't reacted on in time
2) From a drivers pov its better to know that if you lag out thats your session over, I was in the mind set that it was going to be restarted as that would of happened under normal procedure.
3) i carry just as much risk as everyone if not more as my connection is more than likely to lag out compared to the other front runners. I am saying what i think is best for the league and the drivers and not trying to get an underhand advantage for my self.

Dan Hawkins

AOR Founder & Director
Staff member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
1) My disconnect was seen in time just it wasn't reacted on in time
2) From a drivers pov its better to know that if you lag out thats your session over, I was in the mind set that it was going to be restarted as that would of happened under normal procedure.
3) i carry just as much risk as everyone if not more as my connection is more than likely to lag out compared to the other front runners. I am saying what i think is best for the league and the drivers and not trying to get an underhand advantage for my self.
If no drivers set a lap and someone disconnects, we should be restarting.

Timp

S17 AOR PC F1 Champion & S14 PC F2 Sprint Champion
Jan 4, 2017
You sure u want Title fight be done with lag, imagine if on the last round someone like Dani dc's

• Agree
Reactions: Duppy

Brendon Leigh

Mar 4, 2016
You sure u want Title fight be done with lag, imagine if on the last round someone like Dani dc's
First of all don't put words in my mouth i never said or implied that, I want a fair title fight and feel very upset you would think i want a biased title fight.

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017
I guess he didn't really want to implicate that, I guess his point was just that he wants the league to avoid the possibilities that the title is decided by a disconnects as much as possible :)

King-kodiak

AOR Head Commentator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
May 10, 2016
@FisiFan91, Shouldn't the results table look like this?
1515854770302.png

Kez was already replaced in time for Hungary, and as @Tiziano Brioni is now in ramdrops spot, shouldn't he be on the table too?

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Driver Update:

- @Marek has been moved to a reserve driver spot due to being unavailable for the coming time.

- @Marcel Kiefer has therefore been promoted to take the main driver spot in the Haas, and @ImpulsiveRacer moved up to 1st reserve.

- @David Greco has moved over from the PS4 F1 League and will start off as the 2nd reserve in PC F1!

maxafc46

GP2 1st Driver
Sep 6, 2016
Driver Update:

- @Marek has been moved to a reserve driver spot due to being unavailable for the coming time.

- @Marcel Kiefer has therefore been promoted to take the main driver spot in the Haas, and @ImpulsiveRacer moved up to 1st reserve.

- @David Greco has moved over from the PS4 F1 League and will start off as the 2nd reserve in PC F1!
Well that’s the final nail in the coffin for me getting any more points this season, RIP

• Scared
Reactions: FisiFan91