PC - AOR PC F1 League - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC F1 League - Main Thread

King-kodiak

AOR Head Commentator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
May 10, 2016
@FisiFan91 , why do I have 1 Force India and 3 Haas' on the drivers standings? Has Donoso dropped out in place of Marcel?

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
@FisiFan91 , why do I have 1 Force India and 3 Haas' on the drivers standings? Has Donoso dropped out in place of Marcel?
Ah. Marek was moved down to reserve and I had just forgotten to update his status on the sheet. Marcel has taken his Haas. Fab is still Force India.

• Informative
Reactions: King-kodiak

NickB

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 11, 2016
Just seen a video of Singapore PC split 1 on twitter.

What happened to the driving standards? looks like a random online lobby, embarrassing.. sort it out guys.. only two seasons ago PC split 1 had the least accidents out of any league, I think there was more in the first lap of Singapore than the whole of S12?

FisiFan91

Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Just seen a video of Singapore PC split 1 on twitter.

What happened to the driving standards? looks like a random online lobby, embarrassing.. sort it out guys.. only two seasons ago PC split 1 had the least accidents out of any league, I think there was more in the first lap of Singapore than the whole of S12?
Would have liked to have seen this video...

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Would have liked to have seen this video...
I think the video that you would've liked to have seen as no longer available, though personally my thoughts echo that of @TRL Martin.

As a viewer while what I think probably doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't stop me expressing my opinion.
For me theres no doubt that the level of aggressiveness has been kicked up a notch recently and honestly its not surprising, as when you've got some of the fastest drivers in the world racing all together, then the margins are going to be extremely close in general and as a result some drivers will take any chance they can get to make a move even its means they know there going to make/force contact.

Do any of us want to see this kind of racing - me personally no, I like to see clean racing and overtakes/battling. (Don't get me wrong I get that with these cars its a lot tougher to avoid contact as in terms of length & width, the 2017 cars suck for ease of overtaking compared to there 2016 counterparts) But you also have the added extra that certain drivers also seem to have the red mist descend with each other on occasions, I know the heat of the battle and all that but its not right and certainly not respectful.

At the end of the day Fisi, I know the stewards have an extremely tough job to do and its people giving up there own spare time to make the stewarding possible in the first place, and we expect a bit of aggression from drivers in the top splits, but as @NickB said the driving standards seem to be dropping and it also seems theres a lack of deterrent against this, at Singapore people have seen a mix of divebomb(s), one causing a 3 wide into a corner which knowing full well will screw the 2 on the outside into the wall and one driver nearly putting the other into the barrier:wtf: (and these are drivers representing AOR), if this carries on it'll only be a matter of time before theres a massive multi-car pileup.

• Agree
Reactions: maxafc46

King-kodiak

AOR Head Commentator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
May 10, 2016
But what do you expect the stewards to do here? It is entirely up to the drivers to abide by the rules in terms of their driving standards, we are not a team of hundreds who can analyse every corner of every race of every driver. There are about 10 regular stewards ( there are more but not everyone has the time to look at every enquiry ) who have to look at the enquiries raised for every split across the 3 platforms. You are talking about over 30 leagues here, so we can't act proactively and say that X driver should have done this better, we have to react to the enquiries given, and quite frankly, it's a thankless task for alot of the time as there will always be those that disagree with us (we don't always agree on the stewards panel but the majority vote decides the action taken).

There will always be races like PC split 1 Singapore where there was a higher level of aggressiveness then is expected. Judging by the enquiries we get each race, DO NOT tell me that this is the worst of it. 1 race has been highlighted as a bad one, and I am not saying that it wasn't. I commentated on it, I saw it first hand. But FFS people, can we please keep some perspective here? And yes, I know "it's not the only race that's been like this". It won't be the last either, but there are FAR worse out there judging by what the stewards see, and by far this doesn't happen every single race.

Sorry for sounding blunt but I am getting a bit pissed off with 1. The stewards getting more heat then is reasonable, and 2. People not seeing the full picture before jumping on the "this is ****" bandwagon

n0body_

GP2 2nd Driver
Jun 19, 2017
The stewards getting more heat then is reasonable, and 2. People not seeing the full picture before jumping on the "this is ****" bandwagon
I’m with kk here, the stewards shouldn’t be getting any heat for this at all. You can see from the broadcast that they completely missed it, Brendon doesn’t record and my stream didn’t work so I have no footage from this. The stewards can’t make any descision a without evidence, and incidents like this will always be missed due to circumstances exactly like this. Stop blaming the stewards, they have done nothing wrong here.

Last edited:

maxafc46

GP2 1st Driver
Sep 6, 2016
Yeah i for one don’t blame the stewards because they can only deal with what is brought to them, and @King-kodiak i know you often have to make marginal calls. But i would also like to point out that as the top split we have an added need to ensure the ethos of AOR is upheld as we are the races that are streamed, we are where potential new members and audience will discover AOR; so mainting high driving standards in this split is very important in my opinion. Now this should happen by itself as everyone has agreed to the same rules but in reality I think most people would agree that aggressive moves, both offensive and defensive, have been rising recently and this is of course a result of a high level of competition, where (almost) any driver will exploit any advantage they can get unpunished. This is why maybe a firm line drawn in the sand and a promise for harsher penalties may be a solution.

NickB

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 11, 2016
Not blaming the stewards here.

If they can’t drive without crashing into each other stick them in the leagues below, they’ll quickly learn how not to crash into each other if you start doing that..

Cause at the moment people see them as the best AOR has to offer, and to me it looks like the best AOR has to offer is a load of maldonados

Slickk

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 12, 2017
This whole situation is so silly. Literally, on the top of the page, you can read AOR's motto: "Clean, Fair, and Competitive Online Racing."

The fact that the top division is dealing with drivers repeatedly breaking the rules while fighting for position, going as far as intentionally compromising someone else's race for an incident that happened beforehand, is quite frankly ridiculous. Yes, overtaking is tough on this game, but that should in no way be an excuse for some of the moves which have happened.

Some might think I'm speaking quite loudly on this topic but as I was in this league last season, I could trust everyone I was racing to give me space while battling. I don't feel like I have the same privilege this season.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Of course the stewards shouldn't be getting slated KK you guys have a thankless task and can only make decisions when enquiries and the evidence is there, but I think a lot of the annoyance is aimed more towards the drivers involved in these aggressive moves rather then the stewards.

You right though KK, PC Split 1 isn't the only league that has it incidents, but because these races are now being streamed live on AOR's youtube channel, naturally there'll be a lot of interest and focus on them I watch the other top tiers as well and in the PS4 F1 tier at Monza I saw a ridiculous 4 car pile up when one driver refused to take no for an answer and stuck his nose up the inside to make it 3 wide into T1.o_O

What for me is the most important thing is the top tiers are now on show for the whole world to see and there a representation of what AOR has to offer, but it doesn't look good on AOR if we're showcasing poor driving etiquette, it goes against the motto of the site.

• Agree
Reactions: n0body_

töpäää

Pro Karter
Sep 20, 2017
I am going to write this here, because this affects the racing way more than it should.

We are all well aware, that whenever someone leaves the server, the slipstream becomes non existent, which completely ruins the race for the rest of it.

Almost every week, the same drivers leave the server after doing a mistake or something, which shouldn't be acceptable when we all know what it causes. Would be great if there would be a rule for it which would stop it happening.

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017
I am going to write this here, because this affects the racing way more than it should.

We are all well aware, that whenever someone leaves the server, the slipstream becomes non existent, which completely ruins the race for the rest of it.

Almost every week, the same drivers leave the server after doing a mistake or something, which shouldn't be acceptable when we all know what it causes. Would be great if there would be a rule for it which would stop it happening.
well, there is a rule... to quote it:

3.4 Quitting the race:

● Deliberately quitting the race in any way (whether that is by quitting through the pause menu, getting yourself disqualified or deliberately crashing your car) is not allowed. Regardless of how frustrating your race has been, you should always remain in the lobby until the end of the race. This is because of potential problems caused for other drivers when a car gets abandoned, such as the car driving around as an ghosted AI, the car parking at the side of the track and remaining there for the duration of the race, or yellow flags or a safety car being triggered.

● The above rule can only be ignored in the case of an emergency - such as something important and/or unexpected forcing you to leave your screen, or that you're clearly a danger to other drivers on track due to connection issues or inability to drive properly. Quitting due to being angry at something or having a poor race - rage-quitting, in other words - is not a valid reason.

● If you do have to leave the lobby during the race due to an emergency, you must park your car in a safe spot on track before retiring from the session. This is to avoid your AI car taking over and potentially causing dangerous situations for the other drivers in the race. Drivers who leave the lobby without retiring first will be severely penalised. Note: This does not apply to legitimate disconnections.

töpäää

Pro Karter
Sep 20, 2017
The drivers who constantly do that should be penalised. I haven't seen anything done about it so I assumed there is no such rule.

Curly

PS4 F1 League Runner & S14 F2 + S13 F3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 27, 2017
The drivers who constantly do that should be penalised. I haven't seen anything done about it so I assumed there is no such rule.
It needs to be reported in order for the stewards to decide if penalties are needed.

King-kodiak

AOR Head Commentator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
May 10, 2016
The stewards can't take proactive action, things need to be reported before they can act. There simply aren't enough stewards to watch every single race for all leagues on all platforms to try to pick up these things.

• Agree
Reactions: Curly

maxafc46

GP2 1st Driver
Sep 6, 2016
From reading the rule through, to me it is unclear as to whether that means if you crash by accident that you are allowed to then leave the lobby?

Also with people leaving the lobby before retiring there is no way to prove that they didn’t have a good reason for doing so as anyone can say they had a power cut or disconnected etc. Or just turn their PC off so that it looks as though they did and the stewards could not prove otherwise. Basically i’m saying the rule is all well and good but basically impossible to enforce. The only way i can see to enforce it is to use a guilty until proved innocent method and unless someone can provide sufficient evidence that they had a good reason for leaving then they get a quali ban or something?

FisiFan91

Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
From reading the rule through, to me it is unclear as to whether that means if you crash by accident that you are allowed to then leave the lobby?
Technically yes. I don't think anything was adjusted in the rules regarding this from previous games.

I thought the slipstream was barely noticeable on this game even before any glitches kicked in though? Compared to F1 2016 anyway where the slipstream was crazy OP.

Also with people leaving the lobby before retiring there is no way to prove that they didn’t have a good reason for doing so as anyone can say they had a power cut or disconnected etc. Or just turn their PC off so that it looks as though they did and the stewards could not prove otherwise. Basically i’m saying the rule is all well and good but basically impossible to enforce. The only way i can see to enforce it is to use a guilty until proved innocent method and unless someone can provide sufficient evidence that they had a good reason for leaving then they get a quali ban or something?
Definitely one of those things that can't be properly enforced unless people are honest. Just have to make sure to report anyone you think might have left on purpose as then they're at least forced to give some kind of explanation.

FisiFan91

Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Hey guys,

As you might have noticed, I ended up managing to crash my car metres before the finish line last Sunday, which was accidental as in my incredible talent I somehow managed to lose control of the car coming out of the final corner while intending to weave across the line, making myself look like a bit of a donkey - as if my pace on this game wasn't doing that already :rolleyes: In any case, since some thought this was intentionally done, I would just like to point out so that it's clear, that intentionally crashing your car is prohobited by the rules and this should not be done under any circumstances. Also, while there is no rule against crashing your car across the finish line and still finishing, I would urge you to also not attempt to do this, as it tends to look a bit "unprofessional" on the live broadcasts. Remember that through the live broadcasts and videos you are the face of AOR and representing the league with your actions on track, so it's important that the actions and racing standards on display reflect that.

I also want to point out that intentionally leaving the race lobby while the race is ongoing is against the rules and will lead to a reprimand and penalty points being given (you can see in section 5 of the rules what consequences reprimands & penalty points may lead to). Quitting the session also creates an inconvenience for the other drivers in the race as they may have to deal with the slipstream glitch and encountering your AI ghost car on track for the rest of the race. If you feel that someone else has broken this rule in a race it's important that someone reports this to the stewards panel so that it can be looked into. Obviously natural disconnections can happen, which is not something we can control, and maybe some kind of emergency may happen that forces you to quit - at which point I'd ask that you please go into the pits and retire your car there rather than just leaving it driving around the track as an AI. However, in general, I ask you to please ensure that you do your best to stay in the lobby till the end even if you're having a frustrating race.

With that said, let's try to have an enjoyable final 3 races of the season, and good luck to everyone fighting it out for various positions in the championship.

@töpäää @IsaacPrice99 @Brendon Leigh @n0body_ @RaikoGordon24 @F.Donoso @Raven @CAR_MrHamilton44 @Slickk @sigro @Qélon @Timp @Bereznay Dani@Marcel Kiefer @SvenZSven @NonRunner @Fehler3 @maxafc46 @ImpulsiveRacer @David Greco @Marek @ramdrop