PC - AOR PC F1 League - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC F1 League - Main Thread

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

koldo

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 28, 2017
AOR PC F1 League - Season 16
Main Thread

This is the main thread for the AOR PC F1 League - here you can chat about anything related to the league!

General Information:

Race Day: Sunday
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

League Coordinator(s): @Fehler3
Lobby Host: @F.Donoso
Backup host(s): @Fehler3

● Voice Chat: AOR Discord Server

Drivers and Teams:

Drivers and teams will be added here after the car selection process has been completed!

Mercedes
  1. @Bereznay Dani - Veloce_FormulaDani - Hungarian - #12
  2. @G3RRX - KMH G3RRX - Hungarian - #23

Ferrari
  1. @Foton - Veloce_Foton - Hungarian - #29
  2. @ManuelBiancolilla - MUSTO_Whitelilac - Italian - #69

Red Bull
  1. @NonRunner - CRG NonRunner - Finnish - #41
  2. @Ycoms - CRG Ycoms - Swiss - #19

Force India
  1. @F.Donoso - Fabrizio Donoso - Chilean - #8
  2. @TheReal_Mads - TheReal_Mads - Danish - #88

Williams
  1. @Timp - Williams_Timp - Finnish - #24
  2. @Alvaro Carreton - Alvaro Carreton - Spanish - #21

Renault
  1. @David Tonizza - JAESA_David Tonizza - Italian - #95
  2. @Daniele Haddad - Daniele Haddad - Italian - #92

Toro Rosso
  1. @IsaacPrice99 - Williams_Isaac - British - #??
  2. @Veloce Jaaames - Veloce Jaaames - British - #28

Haas
  1. @Marek - VP_Marek - German - #64
  2. @Amos Sutil69FU Laurito - Laurito.amos - Italian - #??

McLaren
  1. @Fehler3 - ACR Jan Fehler - German - #96
  2. @ChroMatk - SHZ Chro - French - #40

Sauber
  1. @Smash - VP_Smash - Slovakian - #38
  2. @Railgone - Railgone - Finnish - #71
Reserves

1. @Vitto - Vitto - Italian - #4

Last edited by a moderator:

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Coordinator update:

I'm happy to say that @Fehler3 has been assigned as the Coordinator for the PC F1 League this season! This means he will be looking after the league on the forum and in the race lobbies and try to make things run as smoothly as possible - and also report back to me if any of you aliens don't behave yourselves ;) He is also the guy you will have to inform if you have to miss a race at any point in the season. Please try to not make life too difficult for him!

Also, make sure you all have ACR Jan Fehler on your Steam friends list.

I will also help to keep an eye on things, but @Fehler3 will be your first point of contact :)

@Bereznay Dani @G3RRX @Foton @ManuelBiancolilla @NonRunner @Ycoms @F.Donoso @TheReal_Mads @Timp @Alvaro Carreton @David Tonizza @Daniele Haddad @n0body_ @Railgone @Marek @marc313 @ChroMatk @Smash @Slickk

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017
To let everyone know - @F.Donoso (Steam: Fabrizio Donoso) will be our main lobby host this season. I will be reserve host.

Once the lobby is ready, I will invite everyone no later than 5 minutes before the start. Remember that I will be responsible to start the lobby. Don't press "ready" before I do.

I'm looking forward to get this season underway! :giggle:

@Bereznay Dani @G3RRX @Foton @ManuelBiancolilla @NonRunner @Ycoms @F.Donoso @TheReal_Mads @Timp @Alvaro Carreton @David Tonizza @Daniele Haddad @n0body_ @Railgone @Marek @marc313 @ChroMatk @Smash @Slickk

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017
As you may have noticed it was not 100% smooth inviting everyone to the lobby thanks to steam, it took some time until everyone had their invites.
I will create a steam group chat to make sure that everyone gets the latest information to the lobby which would be:

- when the lobby is created and you should get an invite
- if we have to restart
- if any unanticipated events occur that need to be sorted

In order to keep that chat as clear as possible I want you to NOT USE IT OTHER THAN TELLING ME ABSOLUTELY VITAL INFORMATION regarding the lobby (desynced car on track, issues joining the lobby causing delay etc.).

DO NOT use the group chat to inform me about no-shows, general chat or anything else than said above.

Also if you do need another invite, please use a steam PM (or simply tell me if you are on Discord) and DO NOT use the group chat.

Also please make sure you update steam to the latest version so you can join the group chat.

@Bereznay Dani @G3RRX @Foton @ManuelBiancolilla @NonRunner @Ycoms @F.Donoso @TheReal_Mads @Timp @Alvaro Carreton @David Tonizza @Daniele Haddad @n0body_ @Railgone @Marek @marc313 @ChroMatk @Smash @Slickk @Hamish Sopwith @King-kodiak

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017
Hello everyone!

We need to talk about the general behaviour during the formation lap. There have been 13 drivers being disqualified from it in the opening 5 races. So technically in every race there are two drivers making contact on the formation lap. Not only doesn't it look particularly good on stream (which shouldn't be our main concern of course) but it also can heavily influence your own races and the driver's race you hit. A quick reminder what the rules say:

"2.4.3
● During the formation lap, do not drive dangerously by weaving excessively or suddenly slowing down in front of someone. Keep a safe distance to the car ahead, but without creating an unnaturally big gap in the queue. "

Even if the driver in front is weaving all over the place you can easily avoid making contact if you keep a safe distance. Don't ever drive alongside someone, just stay behind.
If the driver in front is suddenly slowing down, you should easily be able to avoid contact if you are far enough behind. What also helps is going a bit to the right or left instead of just following the line the car ahead is taking.
And don't be afraid of that "unnaturally big gap". I think you have seen enough formation laps in real life to judge if a gap becomes too big or not. After all, leaving a bit too much of a gap to the car in front is much better than hitting it.

The racing does not start when the lights go green. It starts when the lights go out!

Have a good start to the week, let's wish our F1Esports competitors good luck and fun for the final event :alien: and see you in Monaco!

@Bereznay Dani @G3RRX @Foton @ManuelBiancolilla @NonRunner @Ycoms @F.Donoso @TheReal_Mads @Timp @Alvaro Carreton @David Tonizza @Daniele Haddad @n0body_ @Railgone @Marek @marc313 @ChroMatk @Smash @Slickk @Vitto

Last edited:

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017
Reactions: F.Donoso

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017
Driver Update:

- @Vitto wanted to switch to a reserve driver role due to only having very limited time to prepare to races and/or not being able to attend some races. Since we found a replacement now he will continue the season as a reserve driver.

- @Amos Sutil69FU Laurito has joined the F1 league and will replace @Vitto in the Haas.

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017
As the season has ended, here are some final statistics and words from me to you all :)

We have a new champ! Having scored 306 points @David Tonizza won the AOR S16 PC F1 league, massive congratulations on this fantastic achievement! (y) Not surprisingly but worth a mention of course, he is also the driver who won the most races (8) this season.

The constructors title goes to Renault, driven by our S16 champion @David Tonizza and his italian teammate @Daniele Haddad who finished 3rd in the championship! Together they scored 511 points as a team! (y)

Well done as well to runner up @Bereznay Dani who finished 2nd in the championship, having scored 273 points. He got the most poles (10) of the season, as well as the most fastest laps (4) and the most podiums (12). What a season you had! (y)

Shoutout to all our race winners of the season, those being @David Tonizza , @Bereznay Dani , @Alvaro Carreton , @Daniele Haddad , @G3RRX , @IsaacPrice99 , and @Timp ! (y)

Unfortunately we have no driver who was able to attend all 21 races but we do have at least 5 drivers who only missed one race over the course of the season, those being @Alvaro Carreton , @G3RRX , @Daniele Haddad , @Foton and myself :cool:

Thank you for being our main host @F.Donoso :)

Thank you for broadcasting the season and providing top class commentary, you make the races even more fun to watch and enjoy @King-kodiak & @Hamish Sopwith ! :love:

And of course I want to give you guys some numbers regarding the wall of shame :geek::

• @Railgone ended up with the highest average of penalties per race (2,89)
  • There is no driver who completed at least half of the season while not receiving any penalties, @Slickk came closest to that though with 0 penalties out of 9 races
  • @Marek received the most penalties this season (34 in total)
  • @Railgone not only won (or lost, depends how you wanna look at it of course) S16 wall of shame but also holds the record for the most penalties received in one single race (9 penalties in Austria)
  • There hasn't been any race without any time penalties. Closest to this came the Azerbaijan GP where the game only gave 1 penalty overall. The Australian GP saw the most penalties in total (33)
  • In 21 races there were 382 penalties given in total for extending or cutting the track, that is an average of 18,19 penalties per race - I'm sure we can do better on that in S17, can't we? o_O

To come to an end now - I enjoyed the season very much, I watched all the races the next day and I must say we had an incredible grid, everything was super tight and that resulted in amazing on track battling. I'm very happy and proud to be part of this league, we showed the world that AOR has the best grid of them all in F1 league racing out there. :alien:

It was my first season as a coordinator, if there is anything you wish to come up with - as always, approach me with any matter either here or on twitter or steam or wherever you have me, maybe we can improve some things for S17 to make this whole experience even more fun for you all. If there is anything particular in my way of coordinating and communicating things in between or during races, don't be afraid to talk about it with me. I'm willing to improve both on track and off track ;)

Now it's time to have a break (at least for those who don't race in the AOR Esports Team Tournament) - enjoy the break, load your batteries :coffee: and stay tuned for the next season to come!

Thank you and see you in season 17,
Jan Fehler

@Railgone @Veloce Jaaames @Marek @Vitto @n0body_ @F.Donoso @Amos Sutil69FU Laurito @ChroMatk @TheReal_Mads @ManuelBiancolilla @NonRunner @Ycoms @Alvaro Carreton @G3RRX @Daniele Haddad @Smash @Timp @Foton @David Tonizza @Bereznay Dani @IsaacPrice99 @Slickk @Hamish Sopwith @King-kodiak