PC AOR PC F4 League - Main Thread

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
AOR PC F4 League - Season 14
Main Thread

This is the main thread for the AOR PC F4 League - here you can chat about anything related to the league!

General Information:

Race Day: Sunday
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

League Coordinator(s): @koldo [AOR Koldo]
Lobby Host: @Chicane
Backup host(s): TBD

Drivers and Teams:

Mercedes
1. @Julien2395 - Julien2395 - Dutch
2. @Aaron Shum - getshum - American

Red Bull
1. @koldo - AOR Koldo - German
2. @Thm786 - Thm786 - French

Ferrari
1. @GRZEGORZ - AOR Grzesiu - Polish
2. @only4win - only4win - Finnish

Force India
1. @Lunation - Lunation - British
2. @Detainable - Detainable - British

Williams
1. @MakuF1 - MakuGaming - Estonian
2. @PiekarzPotato - PiekarzPotato - Polish

McLaren
1. @Mr AlcoN - Mr AlcoN - Finnish/Swedish/Ålandish
2. @elgo - #GRR - elgo - Italian

Toro Rosso
1. @Haydn - Haydn02 - British
2. @SMEAJ - SMEAJ - British

Haas
1. @FX1L1 - FX1L - Israeli
2. @pkztar - pkztar - Danish

Renault
1. @FeykN - FeykN - Portuguese
2. @Yuridiculous - Yuridiculous - Dutch

Sauber
1. @Chicane - Chicane - Dutch
2. @path1337 - path1337 - Polish

Reserves
1. @TheRealMick75 - TheRealMick - German
2. @Rendo84 - Rendo84 - Hungarian

Last edited by a moderator:

The Genius

Moderator & 1-time AOR XB1 GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
@Chicane @GRZEGORZ @only4win @LambreX @iZi @MakuF1 @Julien2395 @koldo @Yuridiculous @Thm786 @DackeBerg @Haydn @FiveStarHeaven @DETERMINISM @Lunation @SMEAJ @Aaron Shum @DonSeri @Mr AlcoN

Welcome to PC F4! I am Genius and I will talk more about me in the introduction thread here, as I hope you also will do. To create as great atmosphere as it can possibily be! But what you need to know about me, except that I am a fantastic person to be with here on the forum (or a faff as some people say) is that I am your coordinator. That means I will be dealing with any problems or questions you may have down the road this season and to make sure we have a good time!:)

That brings me also to the next point, race nights (sorry American mate in the league but it is night here). We need a host for the league and I know my internet is pretty good for that but it would be nice to see if other people could do it. So if you know you have a good and stable connection please repost your speedtest in here so that I can have a look!:) But nevertheless I will be the one sending invites out so please add me, [AOR]The Genius, on steam to make sure you will recieve an invite.

Also regarding race nights is that we use discord to voice chat with during races. Here is a link to how to download discord and also how to access the AOR server. While in the AOR server go to "Permission Request" and ask to be an f1 racer. Someone will then add you to the usergroup and then you can access the f1 voice channels, if not post in here with your discord name and I will fix it for you. I would like you all to be a part of the banter in there. If you do not like banter, christmas music, frozen music or my normal jibber-jabba, just let it go and deal with it! We will have fun in there.;):rofl:

Furthermore you have been good posting your car choises and numbers here but there are still a few missing, hence the thread can not be updated more as it already is. So please make sure to post your car selections as soon as possible.

Finally I recommend that you all click "watch thread" just above the opening post slightly to the right to recieve notifications when I post something in here that can be of importence.

Till then... May the cold be with you,

Genius

Aaron Shum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2016
im up for it but tomorrow afternoon or friday night :p
I think there is a 8hour time difference. so your afternoon is 4am for me lol. Friday night is doable. if you want to race at 11PM :D I work til 3PM

The Genius

Moderator & 1-time AOR XB1 GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
  • Informative
Reactions: DonSeri and koldo

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
So that was my first experience, of F1 on a wheel. I have played a bit of assetto corsa and pcars b4. I have quite a bit of karting experience which I suppose is what helped. Also my voice doesn't actly sound like that, it's just I use a super low bit-rate and quality setting in shadowplay aswell, also that isn't Smeaj's voice it's another freinds, as he kindly asked me to point out
Thoughts and advice?

• Optimistic
Reactions: SMEAJ

Yuridiculous

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 26, 2017
mate, go for the wheel if you can!
i'm slowly wasting away untill i have one myself it just looks sooooooo much smoother, you can correct (which is really impossible on a pad cuz i loose at least 0.5s everytime i correct my line) and it is easier on the tyres. Did a race around sochi with aaron and he had a setup which shouldhave been more agressive on the tyres but ended up with around 15% less wear. Guess it's due to the fact you can control the steering lock on a wheel because the pad pretty much forces you into full lock for steering unless you can actually steer while rotating but that never worked for me.

long story short: go for the wheeeeeel :D
which wheel is it? ;) out of curiosity cuz i am planning on getting one before the season ends ;)

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
I use a Thrustmaster TMX. I brought it primarily for sims which was a stupid idea, cause it's designed for games like F1. So if there's one thing I would say if u plan to play sims get the logitech g29, if not this is pretty good yeah.
*for the budget range ofc

Thm786

S17 AOR PC F2 Champion
May 21, 2017
So that was my first experience, of F1 on a wheel. I have played a bit of assetto corsa and pcars b4. I have quite a bit of karting experience which I suppose is what helped. Also my voice doesn't actly sound like that, it's just I use a super low bit-rate and quality setting in shadowplay aswell, also that isn't Smeaj's voice it's another freinds, as he kindly asked me to point out
Thoughts and advice?
If you feel you have the speed to race with the wheel just go for it ! So much fun !

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
Are there any pad users in this league other than me and Haydn?

Also I'm looking at getting a Logitech G920 soon. Never used a wheel before, no idea what to expect but I think my pad driving style correlates quite well to it.

Yuridiculous

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 26, 2017
@SMEAJ same here! wheel expirience was eye-opening though, way easier to be consistent and you can correct so easily compared to the pad. Just cant seem to be subtle enough on the steering at times.
Looking to get a t150 pro within a few months, so i was rather interested in why the general opinoin seems to favour the logitech ones ;) my train of thought was to see if the t150 works and move to the t300 base with the f1 rim and the 3 pedal set comes with the 150 pro so thats taken care of as well.

• Agree
Reactions: SMEAJ and Haydn