PC - AOR PC F5 League - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC F5 League - Main Thread

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
AOR PC F5 League - Season 15
Main Thread

This is the main thread for the AOR PC F5 League - here you can chat about anything related to the league!

General Information:

Race Day: Sunday
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

League Coordinator(s): @Jipper
Lobby Host: @Jipper
Backup host(s): @Rienk,

● Voice Chat: AOR Discord Server

Drivers and Teams:

Drivers and teams will be added here after the car selection process has been completed!

Mercedes
1. @Dazzy Oz - Dazzy Oz - English - #78
2. @Jipper - Jipper - English - #88

Red Bull
1. @FlexesMarci - AOR Flexes Marci - Hungarian - #
2. @Niek van Gelder - Sn13k3r - Dutch - #93

Ferrari
2. @Portex - Portex - German - #13

Force India
1. @T-Havok - T-Havok - Dutch - #10
2. @teunvanberkel - teunvanberkel - Dutch - #39

Williams
1. @Kiinako - Kiinako - Latvian - #23
2. @Rienk - Rienk - Dutch - #42

McLaren
1. @Ping2High - Ping2High - German - #99
2. @DackeBerg - DackeBerg - Swedish - #32

Toro Rosso
1. @Kreosteijn - Kreosteijn - Dutch - #24
2. @Snook - Snook - Turkish - #4

Haas
1. @Póstás Delfin
2. @FraGioco9 - FraGioco9 - Italian - #90

Renault
1. @RaTaka97 - [MF1L] RaTaka - Swiss - #
2. @Flaf - Flaf - American - #92

Sauber
1. @RichyB - RichyB - Dutch - #74
2. @Borderline - Borderline - Dutch - #48

Reserves
1. @Póstás Delfin - Póstás Delfin <3 - Hungarian - #
2. @blackmiles - blackmiles - German - #

Last edited by a moderator:

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
So, who's gonna be the coördinator of this league? (Tbh I'd really like to do it, but there is probably someone more experienced around here)

Last edited:

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Hey Guys!

Welcome to F5! or for some of you welcome back to F5!

I am going to be your League Coordinator this season, Many of you know me already from the Social races i host or from the previous season, This will be my first season as a Coord so it will take me a week or 2 to get up to speed, but you shouldnt see any difference in what you come to expect from a coord in your previous season, For the new drivers to AOR welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here and enjoy the clean yet close racing AOR has to offer!

Once I have been given the Coord perms on the forum i will start working on the driver selections and on lobby hosts etc,

Looking at the time trials there isnt much between everyone so the racing should be pretty close, Tho time trial times doesnt always reflect race pace, Having said that, i wish id put more than 2 hours into my 3 time trial events now! :unsure:

If you have any questions let me know, but otherwise I cant wait for Sunday to get the show on the road! :D

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
I could probably either host or be a back-up host. My internet situation has improved quite a lot (from all sorts of workarounds to a direct connection to the modem), and it seems extremely stable so far. I will host a social this Wednesday to see if there are any issues with my connection or pc whilst hosting.

For the interested:
https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/11-04-8-00pm-uk-australia-50.32309/
Thanks for throwing your hat into the mix! :) I usually host the league races in S13 and S14 so will likely host S15 but if you want to be the backup host then thats 1 thing we've got sorted already :)

• Agree
Reactions: Rienk

Snook

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Dec 16, 2017
Do you guys know any good way of recording that won't lose my pc performance? (im a complete noob at this subject)

I would be pleased with my recording being something like 30 fps and 720p

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
Do you guys know any good way of recording that won't lose my pc performance? (im a complete noob at this subject)

Use OBS. It's not very easy to set up the first time, but it is highly customizable in terms of recording options.

Good setup for recording:
https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-classic-how-to-make-high-quality-local-recordings.16/

Then just adjust your recording resolution and framerate accordingly. Having CRF between 15 and 20 should be fine.

Kreosteijn

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 10, 2017

If you've got a NVIDIA graphics card you can use Shadowplay (or whatever its new name is) from the NVIDIA GeForce Experience. It can record video at 30 or 60 fps at up to 4K in resolution without losing performance.

I believe for AMD cards there is something similar, but I'm no expert on that.

Reactions: Jipper

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
If you've got a NVIDIA graphics card you can use Shadowplay (or whatever its new name is) from the NVIDIA GeForce Experience. It can record video at 30 or 60 fps at up to 4K in resolution without losing performance.

I believe for AMD cards there is something similar, but I'm no expert on that.
This is what i use for my race recordings, it makes no noticable impact on performance!

Snook

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Dec 16, 2017
I wanted to use Shadowplay but the program that I downloded for it said that my pc lacked something that is required for it, I think. (im assuming graphics card)

By the looks of things I will use OBS. When I'm not feeling lazy, I'll have to set it up. Thx for the help guys

Reactions: Rienk and Jipper

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
I wanted to use Shadowplay but the program that I downloded for it said that my pc lacked something that is required for it, I think. (im assuming graphics card)

By the looks of things I will use OBS. When I'm not feeling lazy, I'll have to set it up. Thx for the help guys
no worries, out of interest, what Graphics card do you have?

Kreosteijn

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 10, 2017

The current system requirements for recording gameplay with NVIDIA GeForce Experience are:
- GTX series 600 or higher
- 4GB RAM (or more)
- Windows 7, 8 or 10

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
GTX-950m, and I am confused now because of what @Kreosteijn just said
I think ShadowPlay kind of starts having a faff once you ask it to do something on a laptop graphics chip. It never worked on my old laptop, even though it should've.

Snook

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Dec 16, 2017
I think ShadowPlay kind of starts having a faff once you ask it to do something on a laptop graphics chip. It never worked on my old laptop, even though it should've.
I'll give it another try but I have a feeling I will have to use OBS