Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
AOR PC Formula 6 League - Season 14
Driver Introduction Thread

Hey and welcome to the AOR F1 Leagues!

Use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow competitors for the coming season!

Some general questions you can answer to get the ball rolling:

1. Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc)

2. What's your previous league racing experience?

3. What are you expecting & hoping to achieve in the season ahead?

Feel free to add anything else you feel like sharing as well.

We wish you all the best of luck for the season ahead and hope you will get to have some clean and enjoyable racing on track!

Lamp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 14, 2017
Lol guess I was supposed to do introductions over here,

Hey I'm lamp, I'm a 26 yr old twitch streamer from the states. I'd like to try and get at least top 5 every race and maybe win constructors with my unknown teammate. F1 2016 was my first racing game ever. I raced in a couple leagues near the tail end (f1R, RoiL and stood in a couple others) of 2016 with assist. Now the meteiforical assist gloves are off and it's time to race! I got a thrustmasters tspc racer and thrust master pedals. I'm giving away my old wheel, Logitech g920 at 25 subscribers, and every 100 followers I give away a copy of f1 2017. I'm terrible at promoting my channel outside of the game so if any of you have any tips please let me kno.

Do we have to change our driver numbers on the car if someone selects ours in priority?

Twitch.tv/sir_lamp

Reactions: TheVerenzak

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Hey everyone! My name is Cas, but online better known as TheVerenzak or any abbreviation of it (I've heard everything from V to Zak to Featherbag to TV).
I expect to be one of the younger folks here, as I will be turning 19 tomorrow (27th of september)!

My experience in simracing goes back a couple of years, to season 7 on F1 2013 to be precise, before AOR was AOR and it was known as ARL. Did two seasons back then and didn't make the transition to F1 2014.
Did a few Assetto Corsa leagues in this time, but that game just isn't made for proper league racing and there just weren't any good leagues around (there are now, but I'm not that interested anymore lol).
Got back on AOR last year, when F1 2016 was released and become a coordinator at the start of last season. So this'll be my second season as a COD :)
Haven't been breaking any records while driving here, only been in one of the lower (if not the lowest) tier. In which I've gotten 4 podiums and 1 pole position so far. My S12 podium at Baku is probably one of the biggest surprises in low-tier simracing though :p

My expectations for this season are pretty similar to last season;
- Finish in the points (semi-)regularly
- Finish every race I start
- Get atleast 1 podium finish
Only managed to complete one of the expectations last season, so this season I hope I can finish every race I start ánd get a podium at some point.

That's pretty much it about me, if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask them! :)

See you all on track!

Wenkaz

Junior Karter
Sep 14, 2017
Hello guys, Max is the name. I'm the other young gun here, only 19 years old! I'm from Sweden and completely new to league racing ;) With that said, I hope I'll keep my frontwing far away from your cars, heh.

I love hockey but I actually play floorball in the Swedish second division in my spare time, aswell as playing games ofc. Started playing F1 2013, but bought it in 2015. Loved it, played most of it with assists. Then I bought 2016 and even tried without assists with at least some success. Finally with 2017 I took the leap and turned it all off, besides the RL on some tracks.

I did not expect to get placed this high tbh (I'm almost average apparently!), so therefore my expectations aren't really that big. Hopefully I will score some points here and there at least. But I am really excited to get some close but fair racing going! See y'all on Sunday!

JamieFoppele

Assetto Corsa Skin Creator
Jan 13, 2014
Hello guys! I'm Jamie, 19 years old, and born and raised in a small Dutch city near Rotterdam. I joined AOR near the end of the 7th season, as a reserve driver, my experience at the time definitely hampered my performance, but I have grown more consistent ever since unfortunately my pace clearly hasn't followed that same path.

My time in the F1 league lasted from season 7 till season 11, with a dominant driver and constructor championship in season 10. After a mediocre season 11, I joined the Assetto Corsa league. My seasons in this league were pretty average, altough I got some podiums along the way and was a regular points finisher in the first two seasons. The atmosphere within that league became a little too toxic for me, so I sincerely hope to regain some fun in online racing during this season.

My primary goal is to stay out of trouble and have fun, but I'm eager to become a regular points scorer and hopefully I'll get a lucky podium along the way.

Good luck to all of you and hopefully we'll have some good fun on the track :D

Jamie.

R.A.J.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Hey I am R.A.J. (can be pronounced Raj don't have to say R A J)
I am not 19 and haven't been for a while
I have driven against some of you before in season 12 and 13 and looking forward to some good racing.

What do I hope to accomplish.
To do better than Kimi into turn 1 at Singapore. :)

I use a Sim Seat rig with a Fanatec Clubsport V2 wheel base with formula carbon rim.
HPP 2 pedal set. A 32" Predator curved 21:9 aspect ratio monitor.
Debating on whether or not to get a Fanatec direct drive wheel base when they come out.

Last edited:

Snarf Snarf

Reigning AOR PC F1 Split 4 Champion
Jul 31, 2014
My name is Simon I am aged 39 years. I come from up north, England.

Current setup using a Logitech G27 - no assists and in cockpit view.

I got into online racing in F1 2013 and never looked back. I have had previous games of F1 2013, F1 2014, F1 2015, 2016 and Assetto Corsa online league racing experiences in Slipstreamers, WTWR, CRL, and CnC.
I have had some ok success in those previous leagues finishing in the top 5 of the Leaderboards. And of course Season 12 of AOR, which I have learnt a lot from my first season of racing.

This is my Thrid season as a driver in AOR and I am looking forwards to a great season ahead.
I take racing as a great form of enjoyment and try to drive as clean and fairly as possible, thus to not spoil other peoples enjoyment of the game also.
I am expecting to see some great, clean, close racing with the hope of achieving to be in the top 10 of the split championship when the season comes to a close and make some new friends along the way.

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Hi Guys,

My names John, but mostly referred to as Jipper, I'm 29 and from Leeds in the UK,

I raced in S13 in Split 3, along with R.A.J and Scott and had some good battles particularly with R.A.J so i know the quality of drivers in these league's lead to fun and competative racing. so i returned for season 14!

Unforutnately most of my races were plagued with Turn 1 incidents being bumped off the track and having car damaged etc.. and ended up having to chase the pack, so you could say i was the Max Vestappen of the league!
So im coming back hungry for results and will be aiming for podium positions throughout the season :stig::stig:

I will be racing using the Thrustmaster T300 with the T3PA pedal set, a 27" ASUS ROG Swift 1440P 144hz monitor and will be recording the race and putting on youtube for your viewing pleasures!

Good luck to everyone in the league, And remember its a marathon not a sprint! Lap 1 incidents can be avoided if you keep this in mind!

VARD

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 6, 2017
Hello Guys,
My name is Daniel, I'm 17 and I'm from Hungary.
I've never raced in a league before although I've always enjoyed playing racing games.
I'm pretty sure, I'll be the new guy here so, my goal for this season is to go through as clean as possible.
Of course, I also want to finish the season in the top 10, but can't say anything until the first race.
To race with, I have a Thrustmaster T150 and i really like it.
I wish everybody a good race!

ApplePhysics

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 23, 2017
Hey, guys;
My name is Louis and I'm from Gloucestershire in the UK.

I raced in S12 in PC split 4 for the second half of the season.

Preferably I'd like to aim for a top 5 finish for the season and maybe nab a win at some point. It is probably worth noting that this is the first time I will be racing with a pad in any racing game due to my wheel no longer functioning. I am, however intending to purchase a new wheel later this year which hopefully shouldn't make too much of a difference.

Looking forward to racing all of you in the new season and talking on Discord!

Lamp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 14, 2017
Hi Guys,

My names John, but mostly referred to as Jipper, I'm 29 and from Leeds in the UK,

I raced in S13 in Split 3, along with R.A.J and Scott and had some good battles particularly with R.A.J so i know the quality of drivers in these league's lead to fun and competative racing. so i returned for season 14!

Unforutnately most of my races were plagued with Turn 1 incidents being bumped off the track and having car damaged etc.. and ended up having to chase the pack, so you could say i was the Max Vestappen of the league!
So im coming back hungry for results and will be aiming for podium positions throughout the season :stig::stig:

I will be racing using the Thrustmaster T300 with the T3PA pedal set, a 27" ASUS ROG Swift 1440P 144hz monitor and will be recording the race and putting on youtube for your viewing pleasures!

Good luck to everyone in the league, And remember its a marathon not a sprint! Lap 1 incidents can be avoided if you keep this in mind!
Lol seems like turn one is traumatic for you I'll try my best to be as clean as possible xD

Reactions: Jipper

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Lol seems like turn one is traumatic for you I'll try my best to be as clean as possible xD
It was awful! the ammount of steward enquires id created was getting daft.

its mostly a clean racing environment at AOR, but sometimes people get alittle too excited and try make up 10 places in the first corner and just smash people off the grid, causing them to spin and then have to pit, so by lap 2 your a minute behind the next person up the road! it didnt happen every race, but more often than not, and ofcourse it was always me :cautious::rofl:

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
Hello.
My name is Sigurd and I live in Denmark.

Current setup using a Logitech G27.

I've always loved watching Formula 1, which is why I started playing Online Racing with my friends. I started playing the F1 2010 game on Xbox - all the way to F1 2015.
When F1 2016 got released I switched playing on Xbox to PC.

I was having a lot of internet problems last season (Season 13) and I was only able to content in a few races.

I am hoping that my new internet works much better this season.
I've always loved driving as clean and fairly as possible, I am expecting the rest of the grid to do the same.

Hopefully, I can achieve a Podium and many top-5 finishes.
At the end of the season, I would like to be on the top: 8.

Looking forward to this season - take care, everybody!

TwoFiftySix

Formula Karter
Sep 3, 2017
Hey guys! My name is Kevin (spare the jokes :p), 20 years old, from Germany and I'm completely new to league racing generally.
My first F1 game was the 2012 one which I played on my old MacBook... at 800x480 and 20 fps something like that and an absolute aweful wheel (either full throttle, nothing, or full brakes). Sounds like a fun time, right? :D
Lacking the proper equipment I didn't play for an awefully long time, until I finally built my own PC. Played 2016 on the Xbox 360 controller. Now I got the Thrustmaster T300RS. Way better than anything else I had before (unsurprisingly...)!
Other Games I play are of course more racing games (Project Cars, Assetto Corsa) and League of Legends.

Goals for this season

Qualify in Top 10 regularly
Get points every race

Hopefully my two cats won't hinder me in trying to achieve these goals... :D

See you on the track! Have a nice season!

And BTW: The CLA AMG45 in my profile picture sadly isn't mine... :( I drive a BMW 320i e46 from 1999!

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
1. Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc)

My name is Scott, I'm 19 years old and I'm from the UK. I currently race with a Logitech G29 wheel with a GT omega wheel stand.

This will be my 4th season league racing and I've been playing racing games since F1 2006 on PS2.

I don't really have any expectations for the season ahead, I think my pace is good, but I think were all really close on pace. I'm hoping to have some good battles and have an enjoyable season.

Niek van Gelder

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 29, 2015
Hello! My name is Niek, I'm 16 years old and born in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. I am a huge racing fan and I follow a lot if disciplines in racing, like F1, (of course ;P) MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3, WSBK, WSSP etc. I also love sim racing and I'm looking to make my debut in AOR with the F6 league driving for Haas. I started playing F1 when I was 10 years old, with F1 2011 on the PS3, that game really made me learn a lot about F1 and made me get more interested also to watch the real life races. I spent most of my time playing the career mode on F1 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014, however when F1 2015 came out I couldn't play it because I didn't have a PC or PS4. So I basically continued to play the old F1 games and I was watcing YouTube videos about AOR which made me want to get into league racing and join AOR as well, altough I dindn't know where to start. Untill 2016, where someone asked me if I was interested to join a league called SRL. Obviously I was and so from that point onwards I started racing competitively on F1 2014, which later expanded into league racing on GT6 as well with the guys from SRL in the European Thunderstorm and the Formula Gran Turismo Championship, which was founded by myself. My debut in SRL on F1 2014 went very well, qualifying myself on pole position and finishing the race in 2nd. However for the rest of the season I had somemisfortunes, I was able to take a few race wins that season, but everytime I was catching up to the championship leader I had some bad luck again or made a mistake in the following race, but overall I am very happy with how the season went, and now it's time to step up my game.

I'm not really expecting anything from my first season in AOR, I don't know how the level of competition will be in F6 and I'm just looking to be consistent en finish the races. This first season will be a learning curve for me, and my aim is to improve myself in my pace and racecraft, to make myself ready for season 15 and also my other races aside from AOR

Niek van Gelder AOR.jpg

Reactions: TheVerenzak