PC - AOR PC F9 League - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC F9 League - Main Thread

Haky

Pro Karter
Oct 16, 2017
I'll apologise on here (as well as on Steam chat) too. It's a shame we touched while you were coming through but I guess that's racing sometimes!

Good race everyone.
Crashing out someone purposely UNDER BLUE FLAG is racing yes. :)

Last edited:

Kippetje

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 30, 2018
Summary from my POV

Quali
Somehow, my pace was much slower than yesterday when we practiced relative to the others. True , not everyone participated, but there I was 5th on the grid with not the greatest lap. Now, i was only P14!

Race (S --> US)
Determined to get some places back, I got off very well initially, getting squished off the track by a sauber after turn one though. Managed to not spin or get damage and continue on. After a few more turns I suddenly noticed the reason why I was probably so slow in quali... I was getting constant freezes/spikes about every straight, which completely freezes your car as well :mad:, Guess what, it was because I was recording the race, after 3 laps I turned that stuff off. (having to tab out of the race for a moment, losing yet more time)

The problem was gone immediately, though I was now at P15 and the gaps between everyone was already getting A LOT bigger. Because of that I was pushing as hard as I could on the softs I started on. Overtaking cars very quickly, though I wasn't very nice about it a few times I think it was fair enough, especially since my pace was now much quicker.

With some of the front guys also crashing out, I eventually found myself steadily at P5 (or 6?) at around lap 16 when I noticed the guy about 4 seconds in front of me (also on softs) was pitting! undercut?! I decided to react right away the next lap and put on the US, though it was a few laps earlier than I had planned to.

Turns out he actually put on supersofts, so for a moment I thought I had screwed myself. Decided to not immediately push the limits of the tyres and see how they held up. Eventually I was able to get close enough and pass him a few laps later. Afterwards I still had some ~-0.25 fuel to get rid of the last 7 laps. Luckily I was able to do that after about 4 laps without putting myself in too much risk.

The last lap, a back marker was keeping the racing line and I almost crashed into him in turn 1. I had to break a lot and feared the worst because I had a 3s penalty. After getting past before turn 2 it looked on my map like he was also blocking the others a bit though so I could breath easy.

At the end I got in at P3

Finishing, I have actually left something out. A ferrari was on the track, dead most of the time, on the right side of the grid and/or on the grass after turn one. Turns out he actually had me be that way, he was P3 in the end. So I didn't make podium and got P4 instead T.T.

Congrats to the top 3, here's hoping I can race with you guess next time! #blessed #keeppushing #vettelhairisgross

edit:
Here's two snippets I've managed to salvage: (notice I was even recording on very low quality to prevent the lag from happening xD)

edit2: Just noticed this is posted in main thread instead of australia race, can this post be moved there?

Last edited:

Kevin Kalt

Formula Karter
Aug 31, 2017
Just a friendly reminder to all my F9 mates thats per AOR Rules you are not allowed to fight someone if you are a lap behind and want to unlap yourself. You have to stay behind the guy. I hade to fight some guys who pitted to fresh tyres and came up behind me with way faster tyres. Pls be aware you are not allowed to unlap yourself or disturb the driver in Front of you. Its very uncomfortable and can lead to mistakes if you are catching someone and ypu have to worrie about a backmarker behind you who my try do dive you n a corner or trys to pull alongside on the straight.

In the past we handled it like that:
If i am a lap down and i catch up to a guy because i have faster tyres and im sure that im consistently faster, i ask him in discord if im allowed to unlap myseld. Usually he will pull over and let me pass in that situation. If not i have to drive behind him with a reasonable gap of 2-3 seconds.

EversVincent

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 21, 2017
yeah @Kevin Kalt iam almost certain you mean me but yeah sorry i was trying to overtake because i got lapped by incident but forgot to ask so that is me saying sorry but also on lap 2 when you ran wide in the last sector you came directly back on the racing line where i was about to overtake you when you just cut me and broke my front wing. don't have proof of it and it wasn't a big issue for me to but just so you know and SORRY.

Kevin Kalt

Formula Karter
Aug 31, 2017
@EversVincent all got, just wanted to point that out in general.
Yeah the lap 2 incident was unfortunate, as i already said in the Australien GP thread im sorry for that. Im sure this incident disturbed your race.

Incident from my point of view:
I did definetly run wide thats absolut true. In that very short moment i didnt really know how close you actually where so i was returning to the track. After i was back on track i saw the red indication arrow of your car. At this point i tryed to drive in a straigth line on the left side of the track to the next corner, expecting you to fly by on my inside cause you had more speed.

i dont have footage of this, but if i recall correctly it felt like you run into my back befor i started turning for the next corner. At least on my screen, you never know with this game. Was weird. Sorry again for breaking your wing.

Jordy van Oosten

F1 Sponsored Driver
Sep 12, 2016
hey guys! im opening a public lobby running 5 lap races from all of the calendar.
- random weather
- random tracks
- random start time
- one shot qually

opening lobby at 12:00 (uk time) / 13:00 (amsterdam time)

hope to see you there,
add me on steam if you want to join

Last edited:

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Driver Update:

- @James 3141 has been removed from the league & placed on the blacklist as a result of 3x uninformed no-shows.

- @Shikooo has been removed as a reserve due to inactivity.

Reactions: Waffle Man

Jordy van Oosten

F1 Sponsored Driver
Sep 12, 2016

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
@Pappiii @v6guN @Frihman : If you all could be so kind, let me know what your racing number is in game. Has to be one that is available (not blocked by the game or used by an actual F1 driver) and not chosen by someone in the F9 league already. Thanks!