PC - AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 10 - Spa-Francorchamps - 17/02/16 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 10 - Spa-Francorchamps - 17/02/16 @ 8:00pm

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Round 10 - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps GP
GT3 Season 3

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 17th February 2016
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 26 Laps

Weather Conditions: (Sync-to-race weather progression)
2 weather slots:
- Overcast
- Rain

In-game time-of-day information (x5 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 12:00
- Anticipated race start time: 12:00
- Anticipated race finish time: 17:00

Notices:
Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here. New for this season is the weather conditions and x5 time progression.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Weather Conditions: This race will feature wet conditions therefore make sure you have a button assigned for the Windscreen wipers.

Useful Links:

Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

• Agree
Reactions: FisiFan91

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
spa spa spa spa spaspaspaspaa spaa! SPA!!!

Reactions: AJ

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Last time we raced here was when me and Ownage came out of the final corner side by side for the win and it was a great race, let's hope for more of the same! :D

Tipple

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 1, 2015
Well this should be interesting... I wasn't expecting to be at this race but it turns out I will be now, so this should be interesting with zero laps of practice!

Viceguy

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 15, 2014
i will just put it here...:

watch for extending... i saw quite a few drivers extending consistently last night and one of the other drivers were saying that some of the frontrunners were aswell during the race..
so keep it within the white lines or slow down to avoid cutting or extending

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
The season will be over after tonight! Yes! :D
Easily my worst season of the three, mainly due to how many races we've had in the rain and a vital dc at the start of the season, but I will be happy to see the end of it. Good luck to everyone!

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Final race of the season already!? o_O:eek::confused::nailbiting::jawdrop::blackeye::wtf::cigar:

Good to have Spa as what might be my final GT3 race as a driver for a while, seeing as I plan to do the live broadcasts for next season. Don't expect to be particularly competitive again, as practice will be scarce as usual, but at least it's a lovely track to drive!

Reactions: Mazy CZ

PedroRC

GP2 Reserve Driver
Feb 16, 2014
i hope i dont have any issues at the start today. yesterday first my car started rolling, then i got green and moved while all others didnt, so slammed the brakes not to hit the car in front and got a drive through on top of it.

hutch

Pro Karter
Aug 9, 2015
Struggling to make it tonight, still stuck at work and not looking like I'm getting home anytime soon, sorry, gutted to miss out on spa

• Informative
Reactions: FisiFan91

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
i hope i dont have any issues at the start today. yesterday first my car started rolling, then i got green and moved while all others didnt, so slammed the brakes not to hit the car in front and got a drive through on top of it.
From what I can tell the start-finish straight is slightly downhill, so if you use the clutch to start the car will start rolling forward slightly when you engage it (unless you keep the brake down). No idea about the latter issue though.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
watch for extending... i saw quite a few drivers extending consistently last night and one of the other drivers were saying that some of the frontrunners were aswell during the race..
so keep it within the white lines or slow down to avoid cutting or extending
Yes, please keep this in mind guys. Blanchimont especially (but also some other corners) is very easy to extend around here. I assume nobody in this league are intentionally going outside the white lines, but if you find yourself doing it accidentally due to the way you want to take a certain corner, and then you don't do anything to your approach to stop it from happening again and again in future laps, that's when it turns into cheating.

AJ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Well that was a poor way to end the season..... BMW parked on grid and got aero damage, coming to turn 12 and a Audi pretty much parks his car mid corner so had to take avoiding action then @Lukas Fritsche thumps me off at turn 15 so i get swamped by several cars and end up losing it and going into barriers, destroying suspension and aero, went into pits and they put wet tyres on :mad: enough was enough.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Viceguy

khaki

1-time AOR PC GT3 Elite Champion
Aug 3, 2015
THE LUCKIEST RACE EVEEER!!!111oneone

It could have been the best race for me, but actually, it was the worst one...

I was right behind @F1-Masa all the "dry time", but somewhere around 12th lap, he did a little mistake, so I could overtake him. I was in front of Masa, that feels pretty good ;D It was time to change tires, but the game decided to make a little joke on me and it didn't change my them, so I exit the pits on the set of old, used, rusty, dirty, wobbly soft tires. Yay!

So, obviously, I needed to enter the pits once again. I was third, but lost all my focus already. I had a good rain pace, I was hitting 2:23s, but I was already angry and inconsistent, so I couldn't really fight for 2nd position. At 20th lap, I think my legs got shorter or something :D I couldn't reach my pedals! They slipped off while braking, so I just crashed the wall at full speed and couldn't continue my race.

Too bad, that this season ended like this for me, I was really hoping to do well in this race. It was really good, but then a pit-joke destroyed it :D

Congratulations Masa for your 567th win! :D You are the Season 3 Champ! Also great job @TonyR for your silver trophy tonight!

Thank you guys for this season, I love racing with you. But I missed so many races, sorry for being inconsistent, but the "things" didn't allow me to participate in all the races. I WILL organise my time better for Season 4, and beware, I will practise more :sneaky: That race was actually the one I really practised for, for the other ones, like Snetterton, I had about 30min of practise, which is not enough... TO BEAT MASA :D

Again, big thanks to @FisiFan91 and everyone else who are organising such a great league!

See you in the Season 4!!! :happy:

Tipple

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 1, 2015
No practice so didn't expect much from this race, 30 minutes before the race I started doing some laps. This is where I discovered my setup was utterly diabolical. So I spent 30 minutes fixing it, only to go into Quali and find out it was a completely different car to the one I was just driving. Spent quali and warmup fixing that.

Got a great launch off the line only to find a car completely stopped a few rows ahead, which meant I had to wait for everyone to pass me before I could move again. Now I was catching back up down the main straight, only to find that I was about to spend the rest of the lap getting molested by other cars and mugged for parts of my car. Huge suspension and aero damage, had to pit on lap 1 for repairs. Which I knew was going to be a problem knowing rain would be coming in a short time. On the plus side I was pretty happy with my 10 minute bodged together setup. Catching the cars ahead around 2 seconds a lap, then the rain came, so it was time for wets. I had gained a few positions over the stops and was looking good to catch the next set of cars, gaining over a second a lap in the wet. Then coming into the bus stop I accidentally double downshifted sending me flying straight into the wall and causing yet more aero and suspension damage. Didn't pit when I definitely should have. Just wanted that race to be over. Nothing else barring a nuclear blast or an asteroid hitting the track would've made that race any worse for me.

Congrats to @F1-Masa on the win, and the championship.
Well done to @TonyR on his first podium!
Congrats to @Miniblack on 3rd, also to him and @Papand on the teams championship.
Thanks to @FisiFan91 and the other guys who organised the whole season and make the races happen.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Well that was a poor way to end the season..... BMW parked on grid and got aero damage, coming to turn 12 and a Audi pretty much parks his car mid corner so had to take avoiding action then @Lukas Fritsche thumps me off at turn 15 so i get swamped by several cars and end up losing it and going into barriers, destroying suspension and aero, went into pits and they put wet tyres on :mad: enough was enough.
Unlucky man :( Thanks for staying in the lobby tho.

• Friendly
Reactions: khaki