PC - AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 3 - Zolder - 9/12/15 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 3 - Zolder - 9/12/15 @ 8:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

PedroRC

GP2 Reserve Driver
Feb 16, 2014
Needed a good result after my bad results in the first 2 races.

Qualifyied in 3rd with a decent lap. messed up my first laps but pulled it off in my last flying lap.

Had a good start, held on to 3rd. Could more or less hang on with the top 2 for the first 5/6 laps, also because they where battling it out at some point. Then they started to pull away and i started to make some little mistakes as it got darker. Came under pressure from @Tipple from there on. Then lap 14 heading into T1 i accidentally shifted down to first gear and nearly lost the rear letting @Tipple by but he ran wide himself at T2 giving me back 3rd to then have a bad run myself through T3 and tipple taking 3rd again and stay there. Could hang on with him till about half race and then he started to pull away. In the meantime @Yorkie065 was closing the gap behind me till he and some others disconnected which took away the pressure and gave me 4th at the finish.:)

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Cheers for the help guys. Will update the standings tomorrow after my exam has been delivered.

Reactions: Tipple

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Looks like I got lucky not racing on this one with dsc issues. Unlucky to all of you who disconnected.

ramiboo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 20, 2015
Thanks again for letting me into the race last night. I pretty much kept myself to myself for the first half of the race. Made sure there was no contact on the first lap and just settled in behind to see how it was playing out. I really struggled with the Z4 in the wet last night. I was able to do low, 38's in practice, but struggled to find the space in Quali to put one of those in. When the race started I was in trouble, the potentiometer on my throttle started spiking. In these conditions and having rubbish control of the throttle really did not mix well. Sometimes it would work and sometimes it would only give 100% throttle and nothing in-between.

The race itself was great fun, if nothing else just watch the start, threading the needle comes to mind.I had some really good racing with TonyR, AJ, Martin but I didn't want to get too involved as the reserve driver needs to not screw up a race for a regular. Unfortunately, Myself and AJ did come together. I feel he made a slight dive at me going into Bolderbergbocht. I then gave him space at the apex trying to avoid contact but on the exit and with my lack lustre throttle I spun the rear wheels. AJ must have had a small overlap on me and we touched. I lifted off the throttle but it didn't feel like AJ did, and we ploughed into the barriers.... Probably one of those PCars Sticking bugs!! Anyway, sorry for my part in that AJ. Once I pitted to repair the damage I was lapped fodder, with a little bit of red mist in the air, I tried to contain it on the most part. I was making a few mistakes still as the throttle was catching me out. Sorry for the little bit of whining on the TS about letting me back past. No Harm no foul! :)

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
If anyone has it, can they send me the replay? Either email or dropbox, PM if you can.

Tipple

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 1, 2015
If anyone has it, can they send me the replay? Either email or dropbox, PM if you can.
Point me towards the folder, if you don't already have it, and I'll send it to you asap :p

EDIT: Uploading it now then I'll PM it to you

Reactions: Erti147

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
How did you manage to get that camera angle from "dashboard" ingame? :)
I believe it's with devcams. So right click on the game in steam, go to properties and click launch options. Type "-devcams". When in game, you can press Ctrl+F to get a free view and WASD to move around! There might be another way, but that's one that I know of.

ramiboo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 20, 2015
@Mazy CZ in Tony's Video description's he put down some useful information: -

What Camera Settings do I use? - Bonnet Cam, then press Ctrl+K and WASD to adjust ;)
I'm not sure he enables devcams for this. I enabled them once and during a race pressed the wrong button on my wheel for changing my camera. It then took about 2 laps and 2 crashes to get back to my original cockpit view LOL. Enables all sorts of views. The one that is the driver cam wasn't helpful at the time!

Reactions: TonyR

AJ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I lifted off the throttle but it didn't feel like AJ did, and we ploughed into the barriers.... Probably one of those PCars Sticking bugs!! Anyway, sorry for my part in that AJ.
No problem mate, i definately lifted once contact was made but yeah, we did stick.

Reactions: ramiboo

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
I'm not sure he enables devcams for this.
Nah you don't need devcams for it. It's in the standard game. Like Tony said in his video description, WASD to move around forward, back, left and right, Q+E to move up and down, then the arrow keys on the numpad (2,4,6,8) rotate the camera on the spot left, right, up and down.

It's how I got the shots and camera angles for the AOR intro video and you'll see a couple of shots in the race videos too using it. I will warn you though it's a little awkward to get the camera back into the position you had it before though :p

Reactions: TonyR

TonyR

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Nov 4, 2015
As Yorkie explained Ctrl+K and WASD/QE for changing the camera position.
If you want to replicate my settings you'd need to choose bonnet cam as the basis because in cockpit cam it gets darker and darker the more you change the cam position to the windshield, not sure if that's intended or a bug.
I remember Ian Bell saying that should be the default cam at some point during the development when someone first showed those settings.
Not sure why it wasn't implemented but maybe because of the strange lighting in cockpit view.

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Any chance that if someone is caught consistently cutting corners to gain an advantage in this race that they can get disqualified as a result? A time penalty really isn't enough for something like this and it will encourage people to not cut if they know 100% that the consequence is a DQ. @FisiFan91 @Erti147. Going by chat on TS I'm not the only one who feels this way.
Well.... This backfired. Not that I gained any advantage, but still..

• Funny
Reactions: AndrexUK and Papand
Status
Not open for further replies.