PC - AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 4 - Sonoma - 16/12/15 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 4 - Sonoma - 16/12/15 @ 8:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Round 4 - Sonoma Raceway GP
GT3 Season 3

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 16th December 2015
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 38 Laps

Weather Conditions: (Sync-to-race weather progression)
2 weather slot:
- Hazy
- Clear

In-game time-of-day information (x5 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 12:00
- Anticipated race start time: 12:00
- Anticipated race finish time: 17:00

Notices:
Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here. New for this season is the weather conditions and x5 time progression.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Haven't raced on this track last season and have no idea what to expect. First dry race in daylight aswell.

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Nice to see camber will have some meaning in this game. I hope tyre temps are tied up with how much camber you put on the car.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: ramiboo

F1-Masa

3-time AOR PC GT3 Elite Champion
Aug 6, 2015
Nice to see canber will have some meaning in this game. I hope tyre temps are tied up with how much camber you put on the car.
now feels what more use camber that better keep tyre temperature.

AJ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Absolutely adore this track, glad its finally arrived :)

• Agree
Reactions: Tipple

Viceguy

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 15, 2014
@Browneskiii im dissapointed you arent on roof...

anyways... that social start was like the most annoying start ever :D Martins wheel didnt work or something so his car was stuck on line and i couldnt get around him so i had to reverse

and then we had a weird rejoin at end of L1... hopefully we wont see driving like that tomorrow

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
@Browneskiii im dissapointed you arent on roof...

anyways... that social start was like the most annoying start ever :D Martins wheel didnt work or something so his car was stuck on line and i couldnt get around him so i had to reverse

and then we had a weird rejoin at end of L1... hopefully we wont see driving like that tomorrow
What settings are you using (ingame and rendering)? Your video looks butter smooth with nice quality!

Viceguy

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 15, 2014
ingame is max/ultra/whatever is highest.. just not grass as i dont care about that :D

im using OBS to record with...

https://obsproject.com/download

Here is a setup guide:
1. First go into settings
2. Under encoding set bitrate to 5000 and in general just the settings i use.
3. Under video choose 60 FPS or what you do get
4. Right click where it says scenes and click "add scene" name that scene what you want.
5. Make sure Pcars or other game is open.
6. Right click where it says sources and click "game capture"
7. Make sure application says "[pcars64]: Project Cars TM"
8. Now you are ready to start recording.. do that by pushing "start recording" it should show you a live picture of what you are recording while you are recording it.

for editing im using Adobe Premiere pro CC and rendering in 1080P 60 FPS at 120Mbps... if i do longer videos i usually only render at 40-50 Mbps

OBS is the program i think most people are using to stream with as it can be connected directly to twitch and stuff

Reactions: ramiboo

ramiboo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 20, 2015
I'm using OBS too, but was disappointed with my local video quality, I set mine to stream and record locally at the same time. I then limited mine to 2500 bitrate as I didn't want to kill my upload when streaming. I think this then affected the local recording and it was pixelated as hell!! I'm going to try Mirillis Action tonight........ ;)

Viceguy

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 15, 2014
i found great quality with around 4000-5000 bitrate but i dont stream aswell.. most likely that makes my local files better as it dont have to do two things...

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Yeah, the thing is when you're streaming as well is that you have to think about your upload speed, and also the download speed of the people that will be watching it. When I started streaming a couple of months ago I used 3500kbps bitrate, but then some people (presumably people with no the best internet) said the stream was lagging a lot for them, so I've decreased it to 2500-3000 since, and yeah the quality is definitely not as good as it would be with a higher bitrate when not streaming.

Viceguy

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 15, 2014
Yeah, the thing is when you're streaming as well is that you have to think about your upload speed, and also the download speed of the people that will be watching it. When I started streaming a couple of months ago I used 3500kbps bitrate, but then some people (presumably people with no the best internet) said the stream was lagging a lot for them, so I've decreased it to 2500-3000 since, and yeah the quality is definitely not as good as it would be with a higher bitrate when not streaming.

have you maybe tried to scale the video down and but the bitrate higher? i dont know what quality twitch streams with but i dont think its 1080P unless you are partner thingie...

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
Hmm ok, what kind of file sizes are you getting for say a 10min video once you've rendered ready to upload to youtube?

Viceguy

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 15, 2014
just checked...
10min excactly at 30Mbps is around 2GB... original video was 20 min and just under 600MB
seeing as i have a 50/50 connection i dont really care about size :D
in general im sure i could render videos like those two above at 30Mbps instead of 120 and still get good quality.. but when its short clips like that i overdo it so you can see all the details you need to see :D

Status
Not open for further replies.