PC - AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 4 - Sonoma - 16/12/15 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 4 - Sonoma - 16/12/15 @ 8:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papand

F1 Test Driver
Jul 17, 2015
Never done so little practice before a AOR race. All my time have been spend on interviews and tests for a job position with Lego, so Pcars has not been on my mind at all. Apart from a few laps, the social race tuesday was about it.

To my luck i have raced Sonoma alot in the past, so i knew how to find my way around. @Michal7M and @Miniblack was again very helpfull when we got a setup put together. Its was very stable and as usual @Miniblack showed the way with some fast times to aim for.

For once i got a strong qualifying lap set early. Was around 1:28.5 and enough for 4th - best of the season.

The race was pretty uneventful. I slipped up to 3rd early after @Yorkie065 forgot how to put the car in gear and i was chasing @RC_MoNsteR_99 . After 6-7 laps i had a big moment in the last hairpin where i almost lost the car. I saved it on the very limit, but i was now around 7 secs behind @RC_MoNsteR_99 . After the pitstop i was 5th and thanks to @AndrexUK (Andrew the train) holding up @RC_MoNsteR_99 i was right on his tail again. But this fairplay guy let @RC_MoNsteR_99 by and now he played train with me for 2 laps. When i got pass the gap was precise the same as before we entered the pits. I do wonder if @AndrexUK timed that perfectly on purpose. :D

A few laps before the finish we caught up with Jedi @Miniblack who is crazy enough to make mediums fast and last a whole race. He deserved a podium for that, but in the end i took the 3rd and my very first podium in Elite.

Next on we have Dubai. Here i might have a slight advantage, as i put in a ton of training when we raced there in BSR and took a dominating victory. This might be my last chance of fighting in the top, as my days of pro racedriver financed by my sugarlady is over. I got the management position with Lego and now have to work instead of race (depending on what company car i get). :)

Edit: Highlights

Last edited:

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
Never done so little practice before a AOR race. All my time have been spend on interviews and tests for a job position with Lego, so Pcars has not been on my mind at all. Apart from a few laps, the social race tuesday was about it.

To my luck i have raced Sonoma alot in the past, so i knew how to find my way around. @Michal7M and @Miniblack was again very helpfull when we got a setup put together. Its was very stable and as usual @Miniblack showed the way with some fast times to aim for.

For once i got a strong qualifying lap set early. Was around 1:28.5 and enough for 4th - best of the season.

The race was pretty uneventful. I slipped up to 3rd early after @Yorkie065 forgot how to put the car in gear and i was chasing @RC_MoNsteR_99 . After 6-7 laps i had a big moment in the last hairpin where i almost lost the car. I saved it on the very limit, but i was now around 7 secs behind @RC_MoNsteR_99 . After the pitstop i was 5th and thanks to @AndrexUK (Andrew the train) holding up @RC_MoNsteR_99 i was right on his tail again. But this fairplay guy let @RC_MoNsteR_99 by and now he played train with me for 2 laps. When i got pass the gap was precise the same as before we entered the pits. I do wonder if @AndrexUK timed that perfectly on purpose. :D

A few laps before the finish we caught up with Jedi @Miniblack who is crazy enough to make mediums fast and last a whole race. He deserved a podium for that, but in the end i took the 3rd and my very first podium in Elite.

Next on we have Dubai. Here i might have a slight advantage, as i put in a ton of training when we raced there in BSR and took a dominating victory. This might be my last chance of fighting in the top, as my days of pro racedriver financed by my sugarlady is over. I got the management position with Lego and now have to work instead of race (depending on what company car i get). :)
Congrats on the position dude (job position that is)!! :D

But are you saying you won't be racing the rest of the season? :( Or is it you just can't practice as much?

• Agree
Reactions: Tipple

Papand

F1 Test Driver
Jul 17, 2015
Thanks!

Not racing? Hell no! You and @Tipple are obviously trying your best to hand me the season podium for free (with your lack of shifting, disconnecting and spinning). So not accepting that gift would be rude... :D
I will most likely save some time by cutting ESL and any other league to focus 100% on AOR. But still i wont be able to practice anyway near what i did before (20-30 hours for each track), so i fear alot for tracks like Snetterton and Brands Hatch as i havent really tried them much.

PedroRC

GP2 Reserve Driver
Feb 16, 2014
Qualifyied in 2nd with 28.1 which was about the best i could do. Couldn't dive into the 27's :(

Had a good start and held 2nd place. @F1-Masa pulled away immediatly and i could create a little gap to @Papand who was behind me. pitted lap 19 for fresh options and came out behind @AndrexUK. needed to get passed quickly but couldnt as @Papand was closing the gap. after a lap or 2 he let me past and did about the same with papand so fair play to @AndrexUK. Was in 3rd place now about 15 sec behind @Miniblack who was on a no-stopper. didnt look like i was going to catch him so already settled for 3rd but 6 laps before the end i was suddenly on his tail and passed him in the left hander going down the hill. so back in 2nd which i held till the finish. :D

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Unless you broke the rules I don't see any reason why you would be DSQ Masa....

TonyR

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Nov 4, 2015
Well, here's my Sonoma race as well: http://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-pc-gt3-elite-video-thread.9631/#post-141542

I wasn't sure if I should post the video as I was THAT bad :D Partly due to my own mistakes (not so much practice therefore mediocre quali result) but partly due to other circumstances (start) and strange brake behaviour. I just don't get along with the brakes without ABS ...

However, my race pace wasn't that bad after the pit stop, maybe I was just too motivated then and overheated the brakes, maybe there is a problem with the pit stops, I can't tell for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.