PC - AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 8 - Snetterton 300 - 03/02/16 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC GT3 Elite - Round 8 - Snetterton 300 - 03/02/16 @ 8:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaki

1-time AOR PC GT3 Elite Champion
Aug 3, 2015
Actually, it was a nice race on a not-so-nice (for me) track :)

I wasn't aiming for the top I think, because my only practise was 1 hour before the race. Surprisingly, it was enough to get P2 on the start!

A very big mistake right from the start - I forgot to change the brake duct to the race, it was about like 15 or lower, so my brakes could easily reach 800 degrees :D Not a good experience... I had to be very a bit more gentle with my foot to not blow the f*** up them from the heat! That definitely costed me overall some seconds...

@F1-Masa was 4s in front of me, the gap was pretty constant, and Miniblack about 2/3s behind me. Unfortunately, another mistake - pitting one lap too late! I've exit the pits right behind the bumper of the Miniblack's ROOF and we had a great close fight for about 6/8 laps. Well, I have to say, I'm pretty proud of my overtake, can you agree @Miniblack? :D Great race, you were defending yourself very very well all the time!

I was able to close the gap between me and Masa from 8s to 1s. It was a 33th lap, I was right behind Masa, but the last corner of that lap I caught an oversteer and spun (damn those 98236236 degrees brakes!!!) :C So, no chances for fight for the win on the last lap, unfortunately.

Pretty good race! Thanks everybody, and of course @FisiFan91 for the organisation and @RC_MoNsteR_99 for sharing the server!

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
I did decent in a race amazingly! :O

Not the best result ever, but another damage limitation result and with the bad luck from @Yorkie065 I finished ahead of both YorRex drivers and put our hopes of beating them higher :D

Qualifying, I don't think I could get much faster than what I did, and I started in 10th.. Just shows the quality of the league really, as if I was racing anywhere else it would probably be good enough for a front couple of rows!

Race: Nothing really happened tbh, a few people spun and I gained a few positions from the start after a black screen as the lights went out (Scary stuff knowing Yorkie was still on track after his dc!) and I was just being consistent, gapping @RC_MoNsteR_99 at about 6 seconds or so not able to catch up until his tyres went off slightly. Pitted on lap 19 I think, and came out 6 seconds behind Pedro and 4 ahead of @Papand, and it was really a battle of not letting him through, but because it was night time and I didn't do any practice for it, I got my pressures wrong and my braking stability was absolutely terrible! Which then while trying to outbrake Papand, I locked up my rears and almost spun it at the chicane, allowing him through, and while trying to repass him the next lap it happened again! Finished 7th, which isn't too bad. But I still need to improve!

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
I did decent in a race amazingly! :O

Not the best result ever, but another damage limitation result and with the bad luck from @Yorkie065 I finished ahead of both YorRex drivers and put our hopes of beating them higher :D

Qualifying, I don't think I could get much faster than what I did, and I started in 10th.. Just shows the quality of the league really, as if I was racing anywhere else it would probably be good enough for a front couple of rows!

Race: Nothing really happened tbh, a few people spun and I gained a few positions from the start after a black screen as the lights went out (Scary stuff knowing Yorkie was still on track after his dc!) and I was just being consistent, gapping @RC_MoNsteR_99 at about 6 seconds or so not able to catch up until his tyres went off slightly. Pitted on lap 19 I think, and came out 6 seconds behind Pedro and 4 ahead of @Papand, and it was really a battle of not letting him through, but because it was night time and I didn't do any practice for it, I got my pressures wrong and my braking stability was absolutely terrible! Which then while trying to outbrake Papand, I locked up my rears and almost spun it at the chicane, allowing him through, and while trying to repass him the next lap it happened again! Finished 7th, which isn't too bad. But I still need to improve!
We'll come back harder next round....and hopefully still in the lobby too! :p

I didn't leave my car on the grid on purpose! ... promise!

• Optimistic
Reactions: AndrexUK

Jellyfish

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 13, 2015
I had a nice race or better I enjoyed it! Had some problems with my wheel and I don’t know how to fix it… I have a G27 and when I make many changes with my set up it happens that suddenly on track the wheel in game and my G27 are not synchronized. When I make a 90° turn on my wheel it is a full turn in my Aston… I have to plug my wheel out and in again :/

At first I lost my wheel in the quali. Didn’t work at all so I had to start the game again but hat enough time to set a good lap! In the race I had a better start than the races before. After first turn my wheel had this synchronized issue and I pull over to the side and fixed it. Was in last place and I guess 7 sec behind. Afterwards I would say it was I bit of a luck because I get my rhythm and was, because of some mistakes from the guys at the front, behind @Papand at 7th place. @TonyR was behind me I knew that I had to be careful with my tires! At round 15 I was faster than @Papand and tried to overtake him but he defended very well! @TonyR lost 5 sec on me and in round 18th I tried to come into the pit lane. Next bug I had…. I had to drive through the pit lane because my pit was occupied. Because of the extra lap and my dead tires I lost so much time. After my pit stop I was 7 sec behind TonyR and pushed very hard to get him. Had a nice fight with @centro but I guess he lost his car and I was alone again.
In the end I was only 3 sec behind @TonyR and he made a mistake. At the start finish straight I tried to overtake him but lost my car a bit and could catch it on the gras lost not that much but I got a 5 sec penalty and the fight was over!

I am happy with my 9th position ;)
If somebody knows how I can fix my wheel issue I will be very thankful! ;)

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I had the same problems in the past aswell with the G27.
You have to set your steering ratio in the free practice mode. Sometimes it doesnt change in-game, so what I do is this...
"Go into free practice mode -> set your steering ratio -> quit the session into main menu, then go back into free practice with the same car and track, don't change anything and drive out of the pits. Then try your steering on the track.

If you like it, don't touch the steering ratio in online lobby in setup page anymore or it will ruin everything.

If you don't like the ratio -> go to garage -> set new steering ratio -> quit the session into main screen and go back to free practice->drive off the pits and test it.

Do this until you are happy with the steering ratio. After that, don't touch this settings ever again. (I leave it as I like on every track, but you can adjust the ratio for any track in the same manner)

BUT!

I had also wierd problems in race 1 of season 3 at Nurburgring. During the 1st stint, the wheel started to have more saturation than it had at the start (I had to turn much more with my G27 to go around the corners than I had to at the start of the race) and this problem was increasing . During pit stop, I unplugged my wheel and plugged it back in, and the problem was the opposite. I had to turn much less to have my car in full lock (If I turned G27 to 90°left/right, the car ingame was in full lock) and there was nothing I could do.

But since I don't touch the steering settings in online lobby, it was all fine from then. Try it and I hope it helps.

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
thanks @Mazy CZ! but i never changed my wheel settings :/ maybe when i bought the game, but i can't remember ^^
It is not the wheel settings. It is the steering ratio of the actual car. It is in "Alignment" page of car setup. But if you never touched this settings then I can't help you :(

Jellyfish

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 13, 2015
It is not the wheel settings. It is the steering ratio of the actual car. It is in "Alignment" page of car setup. But if you never touched this settings then I can't help you :(
nope didnt change anything :/

hutch

Pro Karter
Aug 9, 2015
Is the steering issue not caused by logitech software? Iv been playing iracing recently and the exact same issues happened to me, albeit only the once.

Tipple

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 1, 2015
Is the steering issue not caused by logitech software? Iv been playing iracing recently and the exact same issues happened to me, albeit only the once.
If somebody knows how I can fix my wheel issue I will be very thankful! ;)
I used to have this problem a lot, I found that reinstalling the Logitech Gaming Software fixed it for me. After I reinstalled it I got a good few months out of it before the problem came back at Hockenheim, I've reinstalled it since then and not had a problem since, albeit I'm using a DFGT not a G27. Still it can't hurt to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.