PC - AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro - Round 2 - Sakitto - 13/07/16 - 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro - Round 2 - Sakitto - 13/07/16 - 8:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

GA89

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 21, 2015
Car setups are the biggest headache for me. My lap record on Sakitto track is 1:41:702, can't get under 1:41:xxx. Average lap time is around 1:42:7xx - 1:43:2xx. I've seen someone doing 1:39:xxx on that track
I wish I had your problems, for now I can't get under 1:44.xxx :D

Yuriznikov

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 2, 2016
Car setups are the biggest headache for me. My lap record on Sakitto track is 1:41:702, can't get under 1:41:xxx. Average lap time is around 1:42:7xx - 1:43:2xx. I've seen someone doing 1:39:xxx on that track
i wouldnt worry too much, i think 1-3s off of the lap record is very respectable for our Semi pro league, im averaging 1.43 with race fuel, can get half a second to a second under that with qualy fuel.

Paradyski

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 21, 2016
.... and tires doesn't look good at all. After 10 laps I'm driving on rims. Compromise good lap times and tire wear it's going to be very tricky. Need to do more testing tonight to work out pit strategy.

Yuriznikov

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 2, 2016
.... and tires doesn't look good at all. After 10 laps I'm driving on rims. Compromise good lap times and tire wear it's going to be very tricky. Need to do more testing tonight to work out pit strategy.
What car are you driving? I managed to improve my Tyre wear on Catalunya by just running a little higher pressure. It's a trade off ofcourse but it did work pretty well.

I think if you can stretch them to 11-12 laps without too much ice skating it should be fine.

Counterbore

Pro Karter
Jul 4, 2016
but for how many laps can you handle that 42s or 43s?

are you expecting 12 laps like that on 3 stints?

Yuriznikov

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 2, 2016
@kubbak we will be using the second entry into the pits. i.e. your second screenshot.
Hmm, im not sure about if this is the best pit entry point in terms of safety. Ive seen multiple people mess up the second pit entry and go head on with the pit divider wall (including me lol).

If we use the second entry, we will have to slow down a little mid corner (or the monstrous pit wall might get you) and steer in pretty early.

I havent tried the first pit entry with reasonable speed tho.

• Agree
Reactions: xNinja

GA89

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 21, 2015
Wanted to train a bit today and I suddenly can't drive, making mistakes everywhere, driving slower with qualify amount of fuel, car feels wrong, just terrible driving overall. One of those bad days. Guess it's better to get day like that today and not tomorrow when the race is on :D

Anon1

F1 Champion
Apr 13, 2016
If we use the second entry, we will have to slow down a little mid corner (or the monstrous pit wall might get you) and steer in pretty early.
And you have to be extra careful with your worn tires.
As I said, i will announce my box entry in teamspeak, so people behind me knowing that i will get slower.

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
There has been a lot of questions regarding which pit entrance should be used during tonights race. The coordinators have been discussing the situation, and we feel that we should just leave the decision down to the drivers to decided what entrance they want to use.

We expect that you should have enough sense to pick the safer option. If you feel that you will cause an accident when pitting, then use the first entrance as it is deemed to be safer. If you feel that you won't affect anyone around you, then you could use the second entrance.

We are aware of the speed difference between the two entrances, but it would simply be too hard to police if we said you could only use one of the pit entrances.

the1337est

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 25, 2016
Hi guys,
I won't be able to show up for the race tonight due to some unavoidable circumstances that required me to travel to another city for a few days, and I don't have my PC.

Really wanted to be in the grid! :(

Joe P.

Junior Karter
Jun 27, 2016
Sorry about the short notice but I've had an unforeseen circumstance pop up at the last minute and won't be able to go tonight. Sorry and thanks.

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
Next week I can arrange an hours practice before the session, the reason I'm starting off with a lobby is to make sure everyone is in promptly before qualifying :)

Reactions: p n k
Status
Not open for further replies.