PC - AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro - Round 4 - Brno - 27/07/16 - 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro - Round 4 - Brno - 27/07/16 - 8:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
Round 4 - Brno
GT3 - Season 5

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 27th July 2016
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 30 Laps (1 formation lap + 29 racing laps)

Weather Conditions: (Sync-to-race weather progression)
1 weather slots:
- Overcast

In-game time-of-day information (x2 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 13:00
- Race start time: 13:00
- Race finish time: 15:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:
At the start of sector 3, when going past the green stewards box on the right side of the track (see image).

Acceleration Zone:
On the start/finish straight, from the pit lane entry (see image), to the start line.

(Track map image)

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed No Shows
@Col.McCoy

Frank pnk Godrecki

F1 Senna Equivalent
Dec 29, 2015
Definitely an enjoyable track to race on. I am so happy that I am using the wheel now :D

Although the tire wear might be an issue, got to have some practice and tests.

Col.McCoy

F1 Triple Champion
May 26, 2016
Unfortunately I will not be able to attend this race due to work :-(. I still hope I have some time to setup the car and help my team to get a good result.
I also just got my dutyplan for August: maybe I'll miss Round 6 (have standby that evening, so crossing my thumbs).
And unfortunately I definetely will miss Round 7 & 8, as I'm in a different city and cannot carry around my PC ;-)

xNinja

GP2 Reserve Driver
Apr 6, 2016
Never heard of this track or raced around it.

Only positive I can draw is the walls are not as close to you as Monaco :D

Stokemon

Formula Karter
May 30, 2016
I'm away at the weekend so will be trying to fit some practice in today. Again feel free to join lobby "Stokemon AOR GT3" and normal race password :)

Frank pnk Godrecki

F1 Senna Equivalent
Dec 29, 2015
Tire wear seems to be a big issue for me. Here are my tires after 10 laps:

Sorry for the screenshot quality, forgot to save uncompressed copy. Also I've got a lot of work to do setup-wise, and I will fiddle around with FFB on my wheel. Any tips? :D

Anon1

F1 Champion
Apr 13, 2016
Tire wear seems to be a big issue for me. Here are my tires after 10 laps:

Sorry for the screenshot quality, forgot to save uncompressed copy. Also I've got a lot of work to do setup-wise, and I will fiddle around with FFB on my wheel. Any tips? :D
Maybe for your ffb. What kind of wheel do you have? If a g27, take a look at 2x tire wear discussion. There's a good video from @Mazy CZ

Frank pnk Godrecki

F1 Senna Equivalent
Dec 29, 2015
Maybe for your ffb. What kind of wheel do you have? If a g27, take a look at 2x tire wear discussion. There's a good video from @Mazy CZ
I've got a DFGT. To be honest this was my first run, I changed some things in my setup, my times dropped around 1.5s and my left front is lasting around 14 laps, although I still think it is not the best wear I've ever had.

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
The way I understand it @p n k is as follows, a tyre with a high pressure will heat up quicker but not retain that heat. A tyre with a lower pressure will take longer to heat up, but will retain the heat better. You want a mix between the two, sometimes its not just the tyre pressure thats cooking the tyre, you must look at downfoce, camber and all that.

Since its overcast, I would suggest starting with a lower pressure.

Frank pnk Godrecki

F1 Senna Equivalent
Dec 29, 2015
Was on for a few laps with @p n k & @Paradyski and concluded that this track is going to shred tyres :(
We were doing laps a little more time then, and from what I've observed it shreds tires on qualifying "full speed mode", but if you settle down for a safer strategy during the race I think it is able to stay around 12-14 laps. Although you may lose some seconds a lap.

Also I hope to hit top 5, or maybe top 8 in this race :D

Status
Not open for further replies.